1st monthly weigh in!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Ive been to see my GP today for my 1st months weigh in and Ive lost 9lbs. To be honest I am dissapointed as I was hoping to have lost more.

I have noticed that some of you are losing over a stone on there 1st month so Im wondering if Im doing something wrong. I know 9lbs is a fair amount and maybe I should be happy but I have tried so hard and been very strict with my calories and fat intake.

Im not sure what difference I can make on my second month as Im not going to lose as much as the weeks go by as the weight loss will slow down naturally.

As anyone any ideas to boost my next months weight loss sad

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Just get stressed we are all different ..you should be very proud of yourself.
  • Posted

*Don't get stressed 
    • Posted

Im happy I have at least lost weight but I was just hoping for that bit more. I am so determined to get this weight off but I know its going to take a long time. I have been on the pills before and lost more weight in the first month thats why Im dissapointed.
  • Posted

Hi Claire,

It doesn't matter what everyone else is losing, all that matters is that you are losing. Your body is losing weight at its own pace. 9lbs is is an amazing weight loss for one month. You will continue to lose weight as long as you keep doing what you are doing. Im achieving an average weight loss of 2lbs per week and I am very happy with that. Even if I lose 6lb per month I will continue to be over the moon.

• Posted

Hi if I can maintain at least 2lbs a week in my second month that would be great, like you say as long as we lose weight then thats good. I have just built myself up for a bigger loss. I have not weighed myself over the month so was not sure how much I had lost. My GP said it was a good loss. I know I have to be happy at any loss Im just so sick of being overweight I need this weight gone!! 

Good luck with your weight loss

• Posted

Know how you feel Claire. Slow steady weight loss is best though. I've lost 2.5 stones so far and hope to lose another 2 by summertime. Stick with it, it will come off x
    • Posted

Wow that's a massive loss well done. How long did it take you? I've lost 3 stones before on the pills which took about 10 months so I'm sure I can do it again but this time I need to keep the weight off!
    • Posted

Lost 2.5 stone since August last year so just 6 months. I lost a stone by myself and the other 1.5 stone with the tablets. I would have lost more had I not taken a break over xmas/new year. I put on 3lbs over xmas which wasnt too bad. I try to stick to 1500 cals per day too.
    • Posted

Over the last few months my weight has slowly increased even though I was eating healthy & exercising that's why I asked my gp to put me back on the pills. I use my fitness pal to keep a eye on my calorie & fat intake and it does help. Its surprising how quickly the calories mount up.
    • Posted

I can't believe how much fat is in certain foods since taking these pills. Some ready meals have 30g of fat in them n one small meal. I feel really good eating home cooked meals. If you allow yourself a treat at the weekend (low fat of course) it doesnt feel so bad. My fitness Pal is really good.
    • Posted

I always try and cook my own meals. I eat a lot of Quorn instead of meat as I prefer it. I make chilli's etc. I always have treat on Saturdays I have a couple of glasses of wine but still add it to my daily calories. I find a lot of low fat meals are also mainly high in sugar too its confusing and frustrating!
  • Posted

I only lost a stone in 6 months didn't work good for me but had a break from them so hoping to go back on them x
    • Posted

Hi I'm sure if you get back on the pills and stick to the 15g fat rule you should start to lose,weight. I try not to have any more than 1500 calories or on a good 1300 calories. Good luck
  • Posted

Unless you're very obese, 9lb in a month is terrific. The main thing is are you eating healthily and do you feel well? If you do then 9lb less than last month is a great start. Aim for 5lb a month from now on. Take it steady and over a long period of time. You'll be much more likely to succeed long term.
    • Posted

I'm not obese just overweight I currently weigh 14st 1lb and I'm 5ft 8" but I do have a underactive thyroid which does sometimes hinder weight loss. I do eat healthily with plenty of fruit & veg and I feel fine. As long as the weight keeps coming off then that's ok. I am determined to suceed and keep it off.
    • Posted

I can't wait to get to your weight again Claire. I ballooned up to 19st 2lb and I'm 5ft 7. I'm currently at 16st 9lb. Can't wait to lose more.
    • Posted

I also worry as I've got family history of heart disease that's another reason why I want this weight off as I'm not getting any younger I'm 42 so I want to do something about it while I can to help prevent illness. I do believe in these blue pills and I'm not going to waste them or misuse them. I will stick with it and I know we can all get to our weight loss goal in the end. Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.