1st monthly weigh in.... 1st 4lbs!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Well today i have been for my 1st weigh in after starting orlistat again. On the 4th jan i was 15st 11lbs and today im 14st 7lbs! Cant actually believe ive lost 18lbs in just over 4 weeks! Xx

1 like, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

That is amazing well done... did you do much exercise on top of taking the tablets?
    • Posted

To be honest ive done no exercise at all this month and still lost 18lbs! Im starting to do some this month to see if i can have a good loss in march xx
  • Posted

That is wonderful Karen, x

what eating plan did you follow please? 

Ive struggled AGAIN 😓

• Posted

Hi thank you 😀 i hwvent followed the orlistat plan really. Ive eaten what ive wanted but stuck to 1300 cals a day, like for breakfast ill have fruit and yogurt dinner chicken salad and then tea with my husband a kids just a smaller portion of whatever we are having. I have 3 tablets a day, completly cut bread out and drank loads of water xx
  • Posted

Thats amazing did you have any side effects xxx
    • Posted

Ive had a few days where ive had abit of oil if i have gone over the reccomended fat intake but mostly been fine as i have stuck to mainly salads and low fat foods. Xx
  • Posted

Can I ask what you have been eating?

I'm on my 1st week and feel very bloated

I'm trying to stick to weight watchers as that's the diet I have been following before taking these tablets

Had a sneaky weigh in and it's showing as I'v put on weight :-(

• Posted

In the 1st dew weeks u will feel bloated but drink loads and loads of water and the bloating will go! U say ur following weight watchers are you also watching your fat intake? I typically eat 1300 cals per day. I have toast or fruit and yogurt for breakfast, chicken or tuna salad for dinner then salad or veg with meat for tea or a jacket potatoe. I snack on fruit and drink loads of water xx
    • Posted

For breakfast I've been having a Alpen light cereal bar and 2 pieces of fruit

Lunch is normally a tuna or chicken salad

Snack - fruit

Dinner is normally a ww pre made dinner which is about 360 kcals

Snack - yogurt

Is that ok?

Sorry new to this and really want it to work :-)

• Posted

Yes hun that seems fine, to be honest i dont pay attention to the fat content i just stick to 1300 cals per day. But if you do go over the fat allowence you may get side effects so just be carefull! Drink loads and loads of water and take 3 tabs per day. When is your 1st weigh in xx
    • Posted

Thanks you for your advice

Doctors only gave me a months supply and I started taking them last Tuesday

Just hoping I lose on them xx

• Posted

OMG 😭 How did you get orlistat?! I am in need of it so badly but the gp said they dont give anything because they do bad. I beg you please ,help me I am from the Uk but i dont know why they dont give me anything.

• Posted

Have you asked different doctors as some at my surgery wont prescribe it either! U can also buy ali which is the same but isnt as strong as orlistat xx
    • Posted

Alli is also very expensive and I am still a student . I am going to talk to the doctor and say it up straight. I am going to ask if I can be prescribed to it because I dont find it fair😭😭
    • Posted

Hi Laura, my advice would be to go into your GP with a postive frame of mind, tell him you have started on a weight loss programme but finding it difficult and you would like some help.

Orlistat is not a quick fix you have to do some food optimising aswell, perhaps if you evidence to your GP that is what you have been doing, he may be more supportive - I had to do that with my GP. I took diary sheets in from SW to show him and explained I hade made some attempts on my own but needed a boost!

Its worth a try, confused 

• Posted

To be honest I went to the doctors in December and they told me to go away and try and lose weight for myself

I went back last Tuesday and got weighed and I had lost 8lb. Told them I needed a boost so that's how a got a months worth of tablets

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.