1st Neuro appt what to expect

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have my first neurologists appointment on Monday just wondering what to expect really? I'm in the UK too so presume it may be different from other countries.

Many thanks in advance if you can help ☺

2 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

So totally understand where you're coming from. No anxiety comes with ms I have anxiety. Get angry and don't put up with it. I doubt your scan will show nothing, gave full body and head insist, its your life I love Craft too, I will say walking is bad fir me but I do it, and I get I'll in large buildings with false light. X
  • Posted

Hi , let me say one thing, that is very inportant.  Get that Mri scan or ct scan done,  look I am a brain heammorrage survivor , I had a brain heammorrage  after collapsing in asda while out shopping, cut a long story short woke up three weeks later in Royal London hospital , I did not know anyone , couldn't recognise anyone , I can't walk because it paralysed me , can't talk , hearing was impaired so was vision, totally useless, a baby would learn the normal things much quicker, anyway got my pulse cut out , radiotherapy to the brain , etc etc , when would it end , so get that scan done that is what I would say to you......
    • Posted

It seems highly unlikely that a brain haemorrhage is what would cause the symptoms we're discussing her .
    • Posted

Get that scan done , so many people don't realise how bad it is until it happens to them , nobody will take it seriously , GET THAT SCAN DONE . even if it is private . I am 44 now and living by the sec and not min , I was only 25 when I collapsed. Got diabetes now as well and take 4 injections a day with blood tests each time, but that isn't nothing compared to what happened to me previously.  
    • Posted

I still don't think that a CT scan is pertinent to diagnosing what is suspected MS. I haven't heard of them being use .
    • Posted

No the ct scan will tell you what is going on , it's not a fixture until you find out what is going on. I never had the chance I just collapsed and it took them 12 hours on a hospital trolley only when my feet was turning blue a doctor came and examined me and said that I am serious so took me to Royal London hospital , the nurse said that you will have to X your fingers to my wife.  I am the lucky one and god knows what will happen to me. Thank you 
    • Posted

I'm sorry that you're dealing with the aftermath of a SAH, but MRI's provide doctors with a lot more information than CT's, so they are more relevant to the neuro symptoms being discussed. I hope you get lots of physiotherapy exercises, to help you heal.
  • Posted

Is anyone else having trouble posting? I've had an error 500 message (?!) A couple of times.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.