Skip to content

Multiple Sclerosis

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Please help! My 5yr old displaying symptoms

Hello Could anyone help me? My 5yr old daughter is experiencing pins and needles in both hands, with muscle weakness (she has no strength in her hands when this happens). She says her arms feel heavy.  It’s breaking my heart and we were sent away from the emergency room today. Thank you for …

Last reply
  • Does anyone else with MS experience this

I was ‘unofficially ‘ diagnosed with relapsing/remitting MS just over 6 years ago. Dr said I have it but he wasn’t going to put that diagnosis on paper basically because I am still able to function normally, at least for the most part. I’ve had several symptoms for a lot of years, but a couple of …

Last reply
  • Ms leg weakness and fatigue

Hi all this is my story 2014 extreme dizzyness they said vestibular neauritis 2017 still not much better ent refers me to neurologist i have left leg weakness so neuro diagnoaed me with ms with mri conformation

Last reply
  • Could I have ms / lymes desiese or anxiety disorder

since October and after a heavy period in my life iv suffered from rashes / pins and needles all over and changing / light headed / electric shock jabs in random places / often very tired / more recently chest pain r rather left lung hurt the next right and then stomach and all of these can come …

Last reply
  • MS without lesions???

I have just experienced a flare up of what has been thought to be CFS in the past but what appears to be presenting as MS. Loss of power in left side, especially leg. Numbness in left side of face, cheek. Urgency to go to the bath room, both ends. Pins and needles around pelican area, hands and …

Last reply
  • MS fatigue - help!

I have MS and I am struggling with fatigue. I physically cannot fight it sometimes. I have fallen asleep at work several times and find it difficult to do any form of physical activity so I am gaining weight too. I was on 600mg of pregabalin but dropped to 300mg. This has helped slightly and over …

Last reply
  • I think I have MS...

Hello, I am a 25 year old male and I have been in hell for 8 months. After several trips to an ER and tests for every disese you can google I’m still left without an answer.  It all started 9 months back, I was having severe episodes of dizziness and pain. Mostly the pain was coming from my …

Last reply
  • Routine GP appointment escalated!

Hi I recently went to my GP as was told I more than likely had carpal tunnel syndrome after a work medical  (I work with jackhammers etc) upon seeing the GP my Doctor says he didn’t agree with the diagnosis and suspected something a bit more sinister (a stroke or MS ) my only real symptoms are …

Last reply
  • Asking your opinion

Hello I have not been diagnosed with ms but am showing some symptoms I wanted to know if you think it’s possible or if I’m grasping at straws I first started having pains in August of 2004 when I was 18. It happened everyday for a month, I would to my sister’s school to pick her up (it was in the …

Last reply
  • Can it be ms or is it just my anxiety?

Okay, firstly i have to say that im very hypochondriac, to an extent that i am afraid of having many serious diseases. One of them is MS. Lately I had a tingling in my fingers (just my fingers), but the last few days I have experienced it in my feet as well. Its just tingling, not numbness. The …

Last reply
  • MS without lesions? Is it possible?

Hey all. I've posted all over this site for possible reasons such as fibromyalgia and neuropathy; and spine; and MS; and now my neurologist has me back to MS. I always felt like I matched the symptoms anyway (vertigo, blurred vision, gait disturbance, electric shock) but after a years worth …

Last reply
  • Misdiagnosed after 10 years!!

I was diagnosed with MS in 2005. Now im being told I DO NOT have MS . My neurologist I had for 6 years left the practice, I was turned over to another neurologist within the same office and he says I don't have it. I was shocked, got a second opinion and he's saying the same thing! He …

Last reply
  • advice please

My wife has secondary progressive ms and the recent warm weather has really had a negative effect on her health. she is no longer able to transfer unassisted from wheelchair to loo. I am constantly having to lift her and assist with toileting every couple of hours.... im exhausted and not getting …

Last reply
  • Help without Medical Insurance?

Has anyone been receiving any kind of 'treatment' or relief of symptoms without having medical coverage.  All insurance quotes for me have been crazy expensive and definitely not doable and of course I'm in the middle of a relapse.  

Last reply
  • Possible MS?

Hello,  About a month ago, I had severe pain in my chest which was diagnosed as costochondritis that was likely due to a really bad cold I had had a week before. A couple days later, I started to get tingling in my hands and feet and the muscles in my left cheek started to get numb/tight. All …

Last reply
  • Once told misdiagnosed with MS, moving forward.

One Dr validated the presence of lesions but noted that I have all the symptoms. But it does not meet current criteria and he did not know what it is. But it is abnormal and my symptoms can be managed by a neutologist. Until they can tell me what it is I call it atypical MS. Was hoping MS …

Posted
  • Information please

I have a temporary sacral nerve stimulator fitted to help with my bowel problems.  Really not sure if this is helping or if its hitting the right nerve or just what I am supposed to feel.  If anyone has one fitted and info given would be greatly appreciated.  I have this one for 2 …

Posted
  • 2nd flare up that lasts 3 weeks so far

Hi gang.  Stumbled on this site because clearly with all these symptoms I'm looking for answers. Scary times that's forsure.  Had a flare up if u could call it that 3 weeks in August/17 and they just diagnosed it as vertigo.  Dizziness was the biggest symptom but I thought I …

Last reply
  • strange shifting in my head?

Shifting in my head Posted about 2 hours ago I am 29 years old. Male. I have dealt with lower back pain and pain at the base of my neck for a while now, but i cant seem to remember ever hurting myself. this has been happening for 2 years if i remember correctly. I remember seeing a doctor …

Last reply
  • I am rather convinced I have MS - repost

Edit: Could not edit or delete my previous post (which glitched) so i made a new one. This started about two weeks back, but when I think about it similar symptoms have happened before where it would come and go for few months before coming back. Doctor's said it was a vit D deficiency and …

Last reply
  • Popping in my brain

Hi guys! Hope someone can help me. Inwas diagnosed with relapsing remitting MS about 10 years ago. And over the past year up until now I get this poping in my brain. It's just one poo at a time. I feel it's in my brain. What could this be. There is only one pop or click at a time and …

Last reply
  • PPMS

Im not diagnosed yet but going through the process. Ive been waiting on the NHS for 3 months to see a neuro last week I paid to go private for an initial consultation. the consultant did the usual tests, ie hammer reflexes etc and said I don't have any signs of an neurological involvement and …

Last reply
  • Can anyone help

Hi there I went to the doctors 2yrs ago with chest pains and a weak sensation and numbness in my left arm Since then I'm getting violent head pain front upper right and back lower right these pains are so bad I cannot concentrate on anything To top it all off I get real bad balance problems …

Last reply
  • Popping in my brain

Hi guys! Hope someone can help me. Inwas diagnosed with relapsing remitting MS about 10 years ago. And over the past year up until now I get this poping in my brain. It's just one poo at a time. I feel it's in my brain. What could this be. There is only one pop or click at a time and …

Posted
  • Lumbar puncture

Hi i had a lumbar puncture on Thursday morning. Im feeling facial and temple pressure, have had the headache on and off but its more pressure feeling. Is this normal? Anyone else felt this?

Last reply
  • What should I expect at a neurology appointment?

Ok so for a while I have been having numbness in my limbs, burning sensations down my arms and legs, pins and needles, confusion, vertigo, blind spots, double vision, dizziness, eye twitches and many more tbh...  Anyway my doctor has decided to send me to neurology! I am in the uk so what can …

Last reply
  • Multiple Sclerosis

hi folks, I have MS and was diagnosed 5 and a half years ago. Recently gone onto disease modifying drugs. today my friend noticed that my right eye had dropped. My mum said the same after I took a picture and sent it to her. just wondering if anyone else has a facial droopy problem. Thanks

Last reply
  • MS Symptoms?

I wonder if anyone could help? Over the last year I have had a weak hand when gripping but nothing major. More recently I have pins and needles all over the body, wake up with numbness in my arms but I haven't slept on them. Hands ache and feel stiff. Today I have numbness and pins and needles …

Last reply
  • 12 years long time

Hi all Wonder if anyone can relate to this. MS symptoms some 12 years ago. Since then I have been active, not a day off work. I do up to 120km walking a week, usually swim 5 times a week. Often referee soccer matches. During this 12 years time I have had the odd time with a bit tingling in …

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.