Should I go to a neurologist ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have a patch on my right forearm that has been numb since approximately two months now.

Other than that recently, I've experienced a bit of tingling in my hands and feet, and I feel as though my legs are weaker than before (but these aren't so concerning, might just be me overthinking since i suspected that I might have MS).

Also, currently I'm experiencing a bit of pain on the right side of my jaw, and neck, when i swallow.

I did go to the doctor when i only had numbness, she prescribed VitB12 shots, and a visit to neurologist if the numbness doesn't go away.

Now, i haven't gone to a neurologist, because the symptoms i have (except the numb patch) are quite inconsistent + the whole MRI stuff is going to be expensive and all. And I might just be thinking too much of the symptoms.

Has anyone experienced similar symptoms with multiples sclerosis, shall i be concerned, or am i really "thinking too much" ?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through this.

I've been having pain/ache in the left side of my face for about a month now. It doesn't hurt too much but is very uncomfortable. It's on/off and I don't feel it when I'm distracted. Mostly gets intense when I focus on it.

I've been having these headaches where my head feels very heavy and I get occasional ear pressure too.

Today, after lunch, my left arm started feeling very heavy and a bit tingly. No pain or ache. It felt kinda similar to a pins and needles feeling but not as intense and without any pain. As a result, my anxiety (which was already pretty bad these past few months) spiked through the roof.

I felt very dizzy, so laid down and the dizziness got better soon but the heaviness is still here.

Tried spray for relief and even anti-pain cream- both of which did not help much.

Never had anything similar before.

I've been on PPI's for mild gastritis for about five months now and my stress levels have been high because of it.

Could this be MS?

• Posted

Well, if none of the doctors considered MS to be the problem, then probably not.

• Posted

I have yet to talk about my hand with the doctor. How are you doing?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.