will this mri show MS

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, i was diagnosed with fibro about 10 years ago now, my ongoing symptoms are worrying and although i had a scan of my brain 2 years ago which was clear, i am now about to have a scan on 'spine lumbar' will this cover enough of my spine to diagnose If it was ME?

many thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

who is ordering the MRi of your spine? when i was in the hospital the neurologist ordered a MRi of my brain and spine. Also they did a spinal tap to test my spinal fluid for MS bands

• Posted

Hi Jaime,

it was my GP

im not sure if this means they are just scanning the lower spine?

• Posted

Is your GP trying to rule out MS is that why he is having you get a MRi of your spine? if thats the case they will scan your whole spine. I have no lesions on my spine. Only my brain.

• Posted

what type of MS symptoms are you having?

• Posted

With the fibroI have always had really bad pain in arms and legs but has been worse on one side from hip to foot, numbness in foot sometimes, and my balance has got worse lately has been a bit off for ages but worse now, falling to side, chronic mouth ulcers, chronic fatigue, speech is slow and fumbly, recall bad, and now just been to opticians and something not right they say as my vision has gone blurry and constant headache, face feels a bit weird on one side

• Posted

have you had b12 checked? Mouth ulcers are associated with deficiency. there are a number of vitamin and mineral deficiencies which might be worth checking for, in uk b12 is not routinely checked on blood tests.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.