Other conditions that cause MS Hug?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I experience a feeling like a band around my waist often, it comes and goes but lasts days or weeks on end. I can't seem to find any info on it other than in regards to MS and my doctors are dismissing it as IBS, but it's such a unique feeling. I also am recently having globus sensation after swallowing pills especially, and have had tremors on and off. I was on fluoxetine and stopping seemed to ease the tremors, but now I'm on trazodone they're back. I know trazodone can cause neurological symptoms, but could it be causing the hug sensation, and the swallowing issue? I am trying my best to go to the doctor about everything, but finding issues with being dismissed as just having health anxiety. I'm 21 and medically transitioning from female to male.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Oh, I also have chronic pain all over my body but notably my hips and rib cage that comes and goes, sometimes lasts a day sometimes weeks, same with the gaps in between. Had an ultrasound on my hips and nothing came up so now Dr's are considering fibromyalgia.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.