1st rib exicion surgery has done

Posted , 2 users are following.

I faced the 1st rib excision surgery last February 9th.it has done in my right side...now it is ok.but the problem is now there's a pain in my left side shoulder like last time in right side shoulder...I don't know why is this...doctors said me to do a nerve conduction again and they said the surgery is dangerous..so if we haven't any pain,but it become as an another illness.plz if some know about this plz tell me....

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It really depends on the problem that is creating the TOS. If you have another rib on the other side, it's not uncommon, it could be creating issues for you out of the blue. I had my left rib removed which was causing the most pain, numbness. My right rib is smaller than the one removed. Potentially, if the right side gets really bad like the othe one, I may get surgery over there. I asked my surgeon if I could do them together and that was an absolute NO. It does take a long time for nerves to heal. Unfortunately, you problably will have to go through the same ring-a-ma-role as before. Sucks.... Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.