1st shot for wet amd

Posted , 4 users are following.

After 1 shot, two weeks ago, there is no improvement in vision? Is this common? Does it take many shots? What are the chances the blurred spot will improve? My doctor said i will have 3 monthly shots and then evaluate.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

What injection are you having? If some vision is there, it can improve but when there is no vision in that particular eye, then it may be difficult to restore it. However it takes time/repeated injections to see its results. Good luck to you.
  • Posted

Hi Jill, by one shot I assume you mean an injection in the eye. My partner has ARMD and five years ago she too had three monthly injections for wet ARMD. I must make you aware that the injections do not improve your vision, nor do they remove the blurred spot but what they do do is to slow down the gradual progression of the disease. You will end up eventually losing all central vision but you will retain peripheral vision. Unfortunately there is currently no cure for ARMD although there has been some small success with stem cell regeneration for wet ARMD in the UK. This is at a very early stage and it may be some time before it is available to all. The Moofields Hospital is the hospital who are trialling this breakthrough. Hope this is of some value to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.