1st time

Posted , 7 users are following.

Morning ladies....well i guess here for the same reason. I was just diagnosed and had my first attack. I suppose I waited too long (week) to go to emergency room or see a doctor because I didn't know what it was. An interesting question for all of you just out of curiosity? Do any of you have other autoimmune deficiencies such as fibromyalgia?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, at least you are now diagnosed and you can begin the road to feeling better.  The side-effect I've had is IBS.  You need to take it easy, get plenty of liquid and ease yourself back in to food over time.  Start with a liquid diet and then take it from there.  Lots of info on this site so search away.

• Posted

Wow I also got Diverticulitis induced IBS. Just had my colonoscopy last week, still in bad discomfort and bad spasms. Do you follow a IBS diet? Low FodMat diet? Any suggestions on eating and probiotics or vitamins? 
    • Posted

I was diagnosed in February 2018 with Diverticulitis, then got abscess. And bad anxiety and panic attacks. Lost 40 lbs in 5 months. Colonoscopy diagnosis is severe Diverticulosis, removed 6 polyps and a scrape of colon for biopsy. Drs think also developed IBS ugh. So I’m just having a hard time and accepting it and eating is the hardest for me. So any advice or suggestions appreciated. 🤗🙏

• Posted

Hi don't feel bad I waited 4 days and had to b helped to car and wheel chaired into hospital morphine and interventions antibiotics I don't have any autoimmune going on that I know of but do have H pylori infection in my stomach Doctor will deal with that after we get my colon under control It also requires 2 days of harsh interventions antibiotics in hospital B careful how you eat I'm 2 months into it and just starting to feel human again don't forget lots of water This site is a lifesaver more accurate information than from docs Good luck

• Posted

I don’t have autoimmune deficiencies. 

Be careful with food. After my first flair up I went to regular food too fast. I for second flair up, and third flair up in period of 2 months . I am preparing for a laparoscopic surgery on July 31.

• Posted

I worked out that my DD / IBS was totally stress induced and so am very aware that some situations might kick start things again.  Needless to say I'm careful - drink a lot of water/liquids, listen to your body, take it easy, chew very very well, take your time, use a FODMAP diet if you need to (lots of white food), eat small amounts and frequently, take pre and probiotics to keep your gut balanced.  I do eat what I want nowadays but if I feel like I'm about to have an IBS attack, then I go back to stodge.  Hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.