Skip to content
Ad

Diverticula

Also known as Pharyngeal Pouch

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Post Surgery Worries

Hi All, hoping someone can help relieve my anxiety. I had emergency surgery to remove a severely infected sigmoid colon 7 weeks ago. The surgeon told me he also removed a 'Melon' sized abscess as well! He also had to do other repairs and the op took around 6 hours apparently. Directly following...

• Twinster Twinster

Add on to previous post

Forgot to add that my colon feels constantly sore inside. I have DD in mid sigmoid so pain is mostly on left but can feel it on the right hand side sometimes. It hurts when I bend forward and when going over bumps in the road. Had CT scan 4 weeks ago and it showed no evidence of inflamation or acute...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Wrong diagnosis

Well after being told and treating me for Diverticular disease by my GP and eating lots of fiber for nearly 3yrs and feeling increasingly worse I now have seen a Gastroenterologist ,after more tests and a Sigmoidoscopy I’ve been told I have IBS and the Diverticulosis was an incidental finding on my Colonoscopy...

Last reply
  • What to take for pain

Having low grade pain continually for last few weeks. No fever or diarrhea or constipation. Went to GP who prescribed 400 mg of ibuprofen for a week. I thought ibuprofen was not to be taken with DD so was a bit surprised, but does it mean if taken for a long while? Have not taken them but paracetomol...

Last reply
  • Mars 777

I'm sure I suffer with Diverticula, I get bouts of using the Loo often, I have been like this for many years now. I have had investigations & was told I have mild Diverticula. Does anyone take any medication for this? I get the nausea & light headedness, I also feel very week when I get a...

Last reply
  • Effects of stress and Diverticulitis

Hi, I'm new to this group and just thought I would ask what fellow sufferers think about the implications of stress on Diverticular Disease? I'm 49 and have been a sufferer of this nasty condition for over ten years. Been hospitalised twice because of it. Unfortunately, I have multiple health...

Last reply
  • Much needed advice

I was diagnosed with diverticulitis a week ago at the ER when I was having excruciating abdominal pain. I was put on Cipro, Flagl, zofran and Vicodin. Since then I have dropped the Zofran and Vicodin and I was having some very dizzy spells so dr stopped Cipro and Flagl and replaced with Augmentin. ...

Last reply
  • Colonic Irrigation

Hi Everyone Has any body had a colonic irrigation? To help with the discomfort and pain ? Any advice / experiences would be grateful . Thank you

Last reply
  • Just been diognosed

hi I've just been diagnosed with diverticulitis after years of taking ibs medicine I know they can mimic each other but the pain this last month has been so bad I've had to miss work and put pressure on my tummy to help. I really am worried about what to eat to help has anyone got any suggestions...

Last reply
  • Pain right flank and groin

Hi, I have been recently diagnosed with DD after a recently trip to A&E and a 3 day hospital visit - for which I thought was kidney stones.  I was in hospital because of the pain that I was in, pain in my lower back and groin, and although a lot of the pain has gone after antibiotics I still...

Last reply
  • Gastro issues!

I've had lots of gastro issues for months now and kept being blown off by my Gastroenterology doctor! Fired him got a new one, the new one set me up for a colonoscopy immediately! Couldn't finish the colonoscopy for scarring inside my GI tract! This is Thursday 2:38 a.m. I had my colonoscopy...

Last reply
  • Post Surgery Worries

Hi All, hoping someone can help relieve my anxiety. I had emergency surgery to remove a severely infected sigmoid colon 7 weeks ago. The surgeon told me he also removed a 'Melon' sized abscess as well! He also had to do other repairs and the op took around 6 hours apparently. Directly following...

Posted
  • Add on to previous post

Forgot to add that my colon feels constantly sore inside. I have DD in mid sigmoid so pain is mostly on left but can feel it on the right hand side sometimes. It hurts when I bend forward and when going over bumps in the road. Had CT scan 4 weeks ago and it showed no evidence of inflamation or acute...

Posted
  • Delayed side effects of Cipro andFlagyl.

Got out of bed yesterday morning and foot and leg almost gave out. Got better as the day progressed but comes and goes today after standing after sitting. Noticed my bicep is very sore also. Finished the drugs yesterday and still have pain in lower right abdommen. Is this all par for the course? Will...

Last reply
  • Thank goodness

When I was first diagnosed withvDD last year I was in a right state   I wouldn't go out incase I needed the toilet I just sat in the house for weeks. Then I found this forum and members helped me  to realise there is life after DD   Falinia was a life saver she explained all about...

Last reply
  • New diet that has worked for me.

hi Inhave had ibs and DD for the past fifteen years I am 54, for many years i was in and iut if hispital with accute flareups requiring hispital stays. About two years ago i was at my wits end and started searchung for DD diets. I found an american diet which has worked for me really well, it is a basic...

Last reply
  • diet help

Afternoon everyone, Im struggling to find a suitable diet that doesnt cause flare ups (constant bouts for 2 years now!)After being misdiagnosed as ibs I've now been confirmed to have chronic diverticular disease. The drs told me high fibre when good, low when it's flared up and that I don't...

Last reply
  • Last week

I had a bad flare last week on the toilet 6 times one night. Took 1 Imodium tablet and it cleared up but now I am constipated any suggestions what to take. Thankyou 

Last reply
  • Sore left side after being diagnosed a month ago

I was diagnosed with Diverticulitis a month ago via Ct scan. Was sent home and I was on antibiotics for 10 days. Did the liquid diet for 3 days then low fiber. Well barely eating anything. The pain went away. But I do have a sore feeling on my left side. Not where the first pain was on the lower left...

Last reply
  • Rapid heart beat with Flagyl

Has anyone else experienced a rapid heart rate with flagyl. I'm taking it and cipro for diverticulitis. I've taken 3 doses and am noticing rapid heart rate and I'm pretty sure it's the flagyl, since I take that one alone one of the 3 times I take it a day.

Last reply
  • Wondering if this will ever be resolved!

I posted some months ago about a pain I was having in the lower left pelvis. It is not intense but persistent. Very few other symptoms but it did start when I had a very loose bm and flatulance on and off for a week eight months ago. I went to my GP after six weeks and she referred me for abdominal and...

Last reply
  • Post Cholecystectomy

It's been close to 13 weeks since I had my gall bladder removed, and I must admit that the pain I was having at my upper back area has gone, but the issue I also had prior to my operation was differences when visiting the toilet, my faeces are different day to day, but are mostly very thin in shape...

Last reply
  • Blood in stool

I was diagnosed with diverticulitis 8 months ago. Just a little sore once in a while since. All the sudden I got diarrhea a few days ago and then last night everything was bright red blood. Today was more dark colored like maroon to chocolate looking. I've read about bleeds but real WORRIED. Has...

Last reply
  • Bleeding and Diverticular

Hi I am 62 .I have just been for a sigmoidoscopy. Lower part of the bowel as I was bleeding for 2 months on and off. I have a narrowing which prevented the doc from going round the U bend . Signed off . No further investigation BUT still bleeding. I am a vegetarian with a very small appetite , runs...

Last reply
  • Location of Diverticula

Hello All,   I was diagnosed with Diverticulitis with a perforation after a trip to the ER and a ct scan in Aug'17. I spent 5 days in the hospital with heavy antibiotics and the advise to eat a high fiber diet after discharge. Since then, and a colonoscopy later, I have been told I have...

Last reply
  • Diverticulitis Symptoms or Something Else.

I  was diagnosed  with  diverticulitis  a while  ago.   The  worst of  my symptoms  are constant  pain low down  in the  centre  of my tummy, cramp type  pains,  flatulence,  constipation  or diarrhoea  after eating. ...

Last reply
  • My perforated bowel - a result of undiagnosed Diverticulitis

On the morning of 17th July 2007 I was particularly happy. Summer Term had just ended so I had 6 weeks of holiday from my Teaching Assistant job ahead, my husband was coming back from a 3 week research visit to Australia on Friday and my first grandchild was due in August. Life seemed very good – I was...

Last reply
  • Pain in left side

I have started with leftsided pain going to take some paracetamol and lay down hopefully it stops soon 

Last reply
  • Not too good

Not too good this morning been to the toilet 6 times so far still need to go. I took a Imodium tablet at 5 am but hasn't done anything. I am laid in bed not wanting to get up incase I have to run to the toilet 

Last reply
  • Pain for months

I have only been on this forum once before and received good advice so I'll try again. Last Friday I was diagnosed with DD by CT scan with contrast. I do not feel unwell or have had any bouts of diarrhoea or constipation but have had intermittent pain( not debilitating) for months. Lately it has...

Last reply
  • Sigmoid Colon Removed for Diverticulitis

I had elective surgery in March 2011 to remove my sigmoid colon which contained a mass of problematic diverticulae. I was told by medical staff that at the age of 46 it was unusual to see so much! However, because I have always enjoyed a healthy diet, it was agreed that my condition was very likely due...

Last reply
  • Surgery

A consultant  offered me surgery  a little  while  ago  but he said  he only gave  it a 20/30%   chance  of  it helping  me. Could  I  have  your  thoughts  on  this  please.    It doesn't  sound ...

Last reply
  • Diverticulitis pain

Been diagnosed with diverticulitis 3 weeks ago. I am having severe pain all across lower abdomen that comes in waves over 2 hours, usually about 2 hours after waking up. Does anyone else experience this?. Is this normal?

Last reply
  • Stress and Diverticulosis

I was recently diagnosed with mild diverticulosis. I had a CT that showed nothing and my colonoscopy says that my DD is mild.  I don't have any bleeding or fever but I have a lot of pain on the lower left side of my stomach.  My doctor says that my symptoms don't match my test results...

Last reply
  • First diverticulitis attack!!!

Greetings all. On Saturday of last week I woke up around midnight with severe lower abdominal pain. Had no idea what it was. Dealt with it all night and all day Sunday until finally feeling feverish and decided to go to the ER. CT Scan showed diverticulitis. Put me on cypro and flagyl. Went liquid diet...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.