Skip to content

Diverticula

Also known as Pharyngeal Pouch

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Worrying virtual colonoscopy results.

After severe diver last year have had ongoing problems. Still don't feel right, although bowel fairly normal now. Gi did colonoscopy but couldn't get through, so,had virtual colonoscopy. This shows blockage, which I suspected, because of  some symptoms. Was very surprised and upset when...

Last reply
  • Conflicting advice

I was diagnosed 15 months ago and told not to worry. Five days later I was in ER with what I thought was maybe a cyst on my overy. Dr said diverticulitis and I was so shocked I could have fallen off the bed. To present I have had 4 attacks 3 of which needed antibiotics. My doc who did colonoscopy said...

Last reply
  • Da Vinci surgery for recurring diverticulitis

After a couple of flare ups from diverticulitis, my GI doc has suggested laparoscopic surgery by the Da Vinci method. To me, surgery should be a last resort. Has anyone had the Da Vinci surgery with positive or negative results? This condition has totally taken over my life.  

Last reply
  • Diverticular disease

Flare up at the moment, low tummy pain and cramps for a week. How long does this go on? Constantly on my mind what I should and shouldn't eat. Not that I feel like much at moment. Dr. Said symptoms and disease is for life, have to get used to managing it yourself !

Last reply
  • Confused diverticulitis

Hi I’m in the hospital now . I’m  here for the last 7 days , I travelled to Poland for a holiday and I end up in there hospital . They treat me with a lots of antibiotics this morning I had my blood test so hopefully I will go home tomorrow ... but my question is where it’s all stop and do I have...

Last reply
  • Just Got Diagnosed with diverticulitis 28 years old

I'm little shell shocked that i was diagnosed with diverticulitis when i went to er with stomach pain yesterday. I thought it was minor aches i just didnt feel too well throughout the day so i decided to go and with CT scan, doctor told me that. He discharged with 10 days of antibiotics and referral...

Last reply
  • Leaving hospital now what

My mom was just diagnosed with diverticulitis and is on iv antibiotics to clear infection. When leaving hospital and still in pain what should her diet look like? What has helped anyone while having a flair up? Thanks.

Last reply
  • Sigmoid Colectomy

After 4 years plus of diverticular disease and diverticulitis attacks I am finally having an op. Very apprehensive about it but hopefully it will give me some relief as I have been confined to the bathroom and sofa every morning for the past year. Has anyone else had surgery? Would love to hear from...

Last reply
  • Sigmoid colon surgery is scheduled

I am scheduled for a colon resection in two weeks.  They are removing part of the sigmoid colon which as I understand it, is on the left.  However, my abdominal pain is on the right....will that be removed also?  Not sure who to ask so I thought I’d try this site.  Thanks

Last reply
  • Need some lifestyle help with DD

A few questions I have that I do not know who to ask: I am progressing from the soft foods and low fiber to a regular diet.  I am not eating salad or raw vegetables yet.  I am cooking carrots, sweet potatoes, radishes, butternut squash, a few broccoli heads in the oven on 450 degrees for 25...

Last reply
  • New to this.

I was diagnosed about a year ago with no information at all. Then in January ended up in the hospital from pain in my right side. Thought it was my appendix so when they went to remove it they found out it was my colon. Still removed my appendix because they said it was enlarged. After antibiotics at...

Last reply
  • Severe back pain.

I have asked a few things on this forum before. This is my new question. Had diverticulitis, 7 days in hospital in November last year. I have severe back pain now. Not much tummy pain. Had colonoscopy, couldn't get scope past recto sigmoid junction. Did biopsies. Normal . Virtual colonoscopy on Wednesday....

Last reply
  • Diverticula or Hernia

I suffer with diverticula, I had flair in January and since then I’ve have been in constant pain in my lower left side, sometimes it is mild and sometimes it is really bad and moves about from back to front. I have been to see my doctor regarding this pain. My Doctor says a diverticula pain should not...

Last reply
  • Colon resection surgery

Hi everyone. I am having surgery on April 10 due to a perforated colon. I had my first Diverticulitis attack Jan of 2012 with several attac ks since. Feb 16 this year I had a bad one and testing showed a very large abscess which was drained (drain is still in). Just curious what to expect as far as...

Last reply
  • Upset stomach

I have been put on antihistamines for my cough   I have taken them on a night for 2 nights now my stomach is off. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem with antihistamines. X

Last reply
  • Recurrent Bleeding

Hi, I was on this forum before but haven't been in awhile. I had about 5 diverticulitis infections in about 4 years treated with antibiotics. I have IBS since I was 18. I am 55 now. I lost my eldest Brother and my Mother within 10 months of each other. This occured a little over a year ago. I...

Last reply
  • My Current Situation

My initial attack came Dec 25th 2017 with classic symptoms. At the time, I was unaware of what was happening other than to assume it was some type of food poisoning. I waited it out over about 9 days, then returned to normal. Mid January, I had a moment of sharp pain behind my bladder. The next day,...

Last reply
  • diverticular stricture sigmoid colon

hi all i was diagnosed with diverticular desease via CT scan when admitted to hospital in 2013 when i was told my colon nearly exploded! i have since then had several flare ups and recently had anogher hospital admission where a CT Scan showed a diverticular stricture which may need surgery to remove.......

Last reply
  • Newly diagnosed

Hi. I was only diagnosed with Diverticular Disease 3 weeks ago. I've been off work for 3 months whilst they investigated what was wrong. I've had 2 courses of strong antibiotics in the last 3 weeks and have changed my eating habits. Im feeling much better physically now. I went back to work on...

Last reply
  • Is it Diverticulitis??

I initially went to my GP with having a burning sensation in my left side and groin area about 5 weeks ago.  I was also having bouts of diarrhea. She did a stool sample but no inflammation was found. Anyway to cut a long story short she was going down the diverticulitis route until she did a routine...

Last reply
  • Still exhausted after my 1st Diverticulitis attack :(

Hi all I had my very first Diverticulitis attack last week, which culminated in me spending 2 days in the hospital on IV antibiotics.  Not an unusual story, I know    I'm now on a 10 day oral antibiotic regime and liquids (smoothies, soups, etc)    I can't find any...

Last reply
  • Panic attacks

Recently diagnosed after a summer from hell.  Lost 30 pounds from an already thin frame and horrible panic attacks even though a 46 year old with no history and a great life.  Doc thinks it may be because the stomache pain makes me hyperventilate    Anyone else with this issue

Last reply
  • Burning

Does anyone suffer from intense burning pain low down in the tummy before a BM which is made worse after a BM and lasts for days , only easing when you don't have a BM for 2/3 days . After easing, another BM starts the whole process off again so never really without awful pain. Can anyone help...

Last reply
  • Diverticulitis and infection

I was diagnosed with Diverticular Disease in December 2017. I had a flare up a couple of When I returned to work I was given a first warning because of my sickness absences. I recently had 6 weeks off due to a collapsed lung, I also have COPD. Since last Thursday 29th March I have had another flare up...

Last reply
  • Does this sound like diverticulitis?

Out of nowhere I got a really sharp pain on my left lower abdomen. It can feel like it’s gone away but it comes back if I move. It can get really painful to the point that it’s hard to move. It’s also painful if I press on my abdomen on the area right next to my left hip bone. I also notice I’m having...

Last reply
  • Diverticulitis, pickle juice

I was thirty five when first diagnosed with diverticulitis. It was an expensive issue after cat scans, emergency room morphine, and follow up appointments. The Dr told me at my age if I come see him again about this problem it's straight to the OR. So the next time I felt the tenderness, piercing...

Last reply
  • Lingering pain 7 weeks after flare up

Still abnormal bowel movements and lingering, low grade pain/discomfort that comes and goes in my lower abdomen and oddly in my left or right side or back but no fever, diarrhea, blood in stool. My doctor did prescribe antispasmotic last week but wants a ct-scan and another course of flagyl and cipro...

Last reply
  • Does this sound like diverticulitis?

I've had on and off again pain in my lower abdomen for the last couple of months. I was on meloxicam and another drug for prostate issues. My doctor thought that was causing the abdominal pain.The pain went away after I stopped taking the meds.  Fast forward a couple more weeks, the pain in...

Last reply
  • Severe Sigmoid Diverticulitis

I was diagnosed with severe sigmoid diverticulitis a year ago by way of a CT Scan.  I had another scan done two weeks ago, and the condition has seriously worsened.  I was terrified by the diagnosis, and the doctor gave me little guidance.   I have been doing research online, and...

Last reply
  • Advice on flying

Hi, Im new to the group, and hoping for some advice. I was diagnosed with Acute Diverticulitis about a year ago, I didnt get any advise from do tor on how to manage it, and im not on medication. In January I went on a 6 hr flight the outbound flight was ok, but 4hrs into the return flight I had terrible...

Last reply
  • Diverticular disease low down on right side

i have pouches all over my bowel and have suffered one very uncomfortable bout of diverticulitis with fever and slow moving bowel. My pain is in the low right side. since then I have had discomfort every 5 months or so. No fever but pain on right side and times when it feels like a baby kicking under...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.