Skip to content

Diverticula

Also known as Pharyngeal Pouch

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Slight blood and mucus

I was diagnosed 18months ago. But I get dihorrea. I've had this slight flare up now for about 3 wks. I am reluctant to take antibiotics. No pain but do have lower back a he it I do have a bath k prob anyway so ca nnkt pin it down to that. When I eat I need to go the toilet about 30mins later . …

Last reply
  • Just diagnosed with diverticular disease.

Hi everyone, I am new to the group and this is my first post. I am confused and upset. I hope you can shed some light on the matter. Yesterday during a colonoscopy I was eventually diagnosed with diverticular disease. I knew very well that something was seriously wrong for a very long time, as far …

Last reply
  • Frustrated after seeing Consultant

Hi , I had last colonoscopy in Jan 2018 , finally saw consultant today to discuss results! I had already made the assumption that there was nothing sinister going on due to no urgency for follow up. However once again when I go for my appointment I see a different  consultant. Straightaway …

Last reply
  • Totally scared and sad. What is it?

Hello Dears! (First of all, sorry for my English) My story was started with left-sided / lower left quadrant (sigmoid part), MILD stabbing pain 5-6 weeks ago, in the FIRST 4 days of my left abdominal was very touch sensitive. But not anymore. Just since the random, 1-3 minutely mild pain all …

Last reply
  • Abdominal pain vs back pain

i have multiple low back problems, but had been doing well until a couple of weeks ago when i moved some boxes and started having back spasms again.  I’m scheduled to have a Radio Frequency  Ablation on my back on Friday.  Last week I was in the hospital 3 days after vomiting blood …

Last reply
  • Upcoming colonoscopy on Thursday

I was diagnosed three months ago and for the last two weeks or so I have been feeling well with normal bowel movements. Have been on low residue diet in preparation for colonoscopy. Have to travel two hours so am going the night before so I can do the fluids only and bowel prep without having to …

Last reply
  • Acute Diverticulitis Diagnosis

I am 47 years of age and was diagnosed with Diverticulitis on 7/11/2018.  In the last few years I would say that I have lost a little drive so haven't been exercising, gained weight (I am 6'4" and was at 260 pounds), and was not eating nearly the daily recommended amount of fiber.& …

Last reply
  • Life After Surgery for Diverticulosis

For those of you who have had surgery for diverticulosis, what is life like, moving forward? Are you able to go back to eating a regular diet? Can you eat soluble and insoluble fiber? What is the risk of developing new diverticula/diverticulitis? Thanks in advance for your posts. They have been …

Last reply
  • Just need reassurance

I was diagnosed with DD 5 yrs ago by colonoscopy. The consultant said to just carry on with normal diet and eat whatever. I have got a bit complacent as have only had 3 flare ups the last being about 2 yrs ago. Thismorning woke up with very low uncomfortable feeling and initially thought it was …

Last reply
  • A question about food for pros

Hi All, I am asking those who have been dealing with diverticulitis for years can one go back to raw foods and lettuce and spinach if they weren't a trigger food when all is well? And can I go back to bigger portions? Thanks, Julie

Last reply
  • Sigmoid Abscess - Very Worried

Hello all, I'm new here.  Just diagnosed yesterday with a sigmoid abscess although I do not know the size.  The radiologist said that he looked for a fishbone or other reason for the abscess and inflammation but couldn't find one.  Couldn't rule out diverticulitis.  …

Last reply
  • Advice Please if you would be so kind

My wife has been diagnosed with DD All the usual symptoms and stress I wont go into the specifics however I am looking for experienced information After several hospital visits, scans, blood tests, a battery of antibiotics we are still no where controlling this The biggest concerns are the constant …

Last reply
  • Confused

Hi  I’ve had two colonoscopies, one surgeon said I have Diverticular Disease , then another who says I don’t.  Who do I go with?!?! I’m quite poorly 

Last reply
  • Severe Diverticulosis/SIBO

I’m not new to this forum, was diagnosed with Diverticulitis in Feb, along with that came Anxiety and panic attacks, then developed abscess and was on antibiotics for a month. Had not felt the same cince. After Drs did Cat Scans, blood work, Endoscopy, stool tests,and colonoscopy everything is …

Last reply
  • Changing from Psyllium Husk prep

ive suffered mild constipation most of my adult life. Diagnosed diverticula disease November 2016, by sigmoid colonoscopy. Several mild flare ups, one hospitalisation, but managing situation fairly well with diet changes. Have used H and B Regucol for a year, which kept me fairly regular. Changed …

Last reply
  • Newly diagnosed diverticulitis

Hi I am obese and needed to lose weight so 4 weeks ago started the cambridge diet. After a couple of days of 4 products per day plus pint of milk and over 2 ltres of water per day, felt bloated and pain in lower central abdomen. Was told this could be due to all the nutrients being packed into …

Last reply
  • 2 week post surgery update

I had a little bump yesterday. I kind of over did it Sunday in the garden and was very sore, abdominal muscles that is, so I thought I would try a Tramadol..Holy smokes I had the worst reaction of my life..First I was stoned for about 5 hours, then stated the vomiting and then 24 hours of headache …

Last reply
  • Dont know what to do now....

I just finished a round of cipro 500 and flagyl 500. I don't feel like the diverticulitis is gone completely. Still have a spot on my upper left side that hurts sometimes and then way down low...seems to make me want to go urinate alot. I called the doctor. He said too soon for antibiotics …

Last reply
  • Diverticulosis - altered bowel pattern

Every few months I have a sharp pain in my left lower abdomen. Then my stools become pencil thin. I feel very sick, fatigued and blocked up. I normally have 2or 3 bowel normal movements. I have coeliac disease and lactose intolerance. I was diagnosed with diverticulosis following a ct scan 2yrs ago. …

Last reply
  • Horrible pain back

Have been doing well. Mostly on liquid and soft food. This noon I ate a snack that had small seeds in it and since then my left lower side ( colon) has been killing me.  Am off to get the Bentyl. Oh my it’s so discouraging. I pray we all get rid of this horrible disease. Any folks out there …

Last reply
  • Iliostomy reversal.

Anyone familiar with my story knows I have had a bowel resection and temporary Iliostomy. Two weeks until reversal. Could I have some positive stories about your experiences with reversal. I know it's selfish but I don't want horror stories, I'm very anxious about it. My surgeon says he …

Last reply
  • Does anyone share these sypmtoms for diverticulitis?

Hi all, I think I have diverticulitis, and am wondering what those who suffer with this disease think. Let me tell you my symptoms.  I suffer from a discomfort/sometimes pain below my left rib, as shown in attached diagram (blue ellipse).  I have had some blood tests, ECG, and two CT …

Last reply
  • Nuts, Seeds etc

Some drs say eat what you want. Others say no tomatoes, strawberries, nuts etc. what do you think?   I can live without caramel popcorn which is what I had prior to my first of two attacks. In fact, my dr said the second attack  was a continuation of the first two weeks apart. The second …

Last reply
  • Not sure what to do.

Hi all. New to this site and have been reading stories for the past 2 hours.  I was diagnosed with diverticulitis 2 weeks ago which resulted in a 4 day stay in hospital as I had an abscess.  Fortunately IV antibiotics worked and I was sent home a week ago advised to have low fibre diet …

Last reply
  • Post Surgery Update

I had a check in with my Primary yesterday. One thing I noticed is still feeling short of breath. They did a chest xray and found I still had quite a bit of Co2 from the surgery in me..Took some Gasx and saw big improvement. So just a tip..maybe to take that preemptively, I didn't feel gassy …

Last reply
  • Exhausted....what will help?

I had a flare up about 9 days ago. Still on antibiotics. Still nauseous at times. No real pain anymore in my stmach....but I just feel bad all of the time. And exhausted! Although it's not possible due to work I wish I could just l as y down all day. Anybody have any ideas on how to get past …

Last reply
  • Upper stomach cramps/pain bathroom run.

I was diagnosed with Diverticulosis by CTScan with dye and blood work Jan 2017 anyways since then every time my upper stomach starts cramping and pain and bathroom runs I start antibiotics I had refills on, but my very first attack was sever labor pains non stop right b below navel in the middle …

Last reply
  • New to group...?? Diagnosed with ??? Diverticulitis

Hi all, and thanks for this forum.  I’m 65 y/o...had gastric and duodenal ulcers with several bad bleeds about 30+ years ago.  Had surgery and no further troubles with ulcers, only an occasional gastritis flare.  4 years ago had a routine colonoscopy which showed some diverticulosis …

Last reply
  • Diet post surgery and update

I'm 5 days post surgery and so far I have been dealing with what I think is typical recovery..Soreness in the abdomen, tiredness, gas pains. I feel pretty good when sitting comfortable, but I make myself get up and walk here and there so I dont get to comfy..I take one Trama dol in the morning …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.