Skip to content
Ad

Diverticula

Also known as Pharyngeal Pouch

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Waiting for surgery....my story

My illness has been something I've been dealing with for over 25 years. I've known that I've had diverticulosis in most of that time frame, and I've had 4 major attacks of diverticulitis in that time, two of which I was hospitalized. This past time has been the worst as I have not been...

Last reply
  • Diverticulitis flare up with pain on right side

First flare up of severe abdominal pain led to emergency hospital admittance 4 weeks ago and after a CT scan, was diagnosed with diverticulitis. I am scheduled to have first colonoscopy in 2 weeks time.  I'm learning   about how to manage this condition but right at the early stage of...

Last reply
  • Partial colonectomy for diverticulitis w/perforation

Colonoscopy prior to surgery showed edema and stricture of sigmoid colon. Having problems since surgery and being told that resection needs to be done again because of narrowing (stricture). Why wasn't the narrow portion removed as part of the resection the first time?

Posted
  • Pelvic floor pain w/ diverticulitis

Diagnosed w/ DD 7.15.17 - 6 days in hospital, 5 days IV antibiotics, bowel rest. Anyone else have pelvic floor pain? Appears that DD affects bladder? Actually, quite a bit of pain in the lower region. Anyone else? Thanks.

Last reply
  • Diverticulitis

How fast does this spread to other parts of colon? Has anyone on here lived with this infection off and on for years if so how long? I had first infection Jan 2017 and then 10 months later I have another infection , has anyone else had them this close? Does it mean I will constantly have this infection...

Last reply
  • My diverticulitis story

Okay I had a flexible sidmoidoscooy in 2010 as I had internal hemorrhoids. I was told that I had diverticulosis in my sidmoid colon which was an incidental finding . I was given a leaflet about this condition which said it's a very common disease and most people go through their life without any...

Last reply
  • Yellow bile

bile as diarrhea help! After 2 antibiotics twice I've got very bad diarrhea like bile. The antibiotics never do this. Should I be concerned as I've never had it like this? Should I go to hospital outpatient?

Last reply
  • I'm so tired. Is this common?

I was in the ER 3 weeks ago with lower ab pain, low fever and remarkable nausea.  After blood work and a CT scan, the diagnosis was "mild diverticulitis".  I took cipro and flagyl and stayed in bed with nausea and fatigue for the first 5 days. I drank a little broth each day, but...

Last reply
  • Constant Cramps

Hi  everyone.    I'm hoping someone can help me.  I have been suffering with constant  cramping  pains low down  in my stomach for 2 days now with no let up..  I've taken  windeze and buscopan but neither  help at all.    It's sooo...

Last reply
  • My dd

Hi every one please can someone help, for my dd, which ive had for 3weeks so they tell me, ive had a few bad days but done as every one has told me, 3days ok then 1 day explosive then back to normal, but today im getting bad cramping and feel really sick, although i had a small glass of wine last nite,...

Last reply
  • Prune juice

SOmeone asked about prune juice the other day. I’m reading the foods to avoid from the dr whilenon a low res diet and prunes and prune juice are to be avoided. 

Last reply
  • Flair up !

Hi, haven’t been on forum for a while ,I have had a very good 5 months of relatively pain and trouble free, now the dam thing has raised its ugly head again ,being as I was diagnosed 1 year ago and this is my first flare up,I am not sure wether to go doctors or is this normal for flare ups to occur and...

Last reply
  • Bloating and gas

just finished 7 days on Flaggyl, felt good for a few days. Started eating oatmeal for breakfast. Apple  peeled. Chicken and fish. Was not having a normal bowel movement. No diahrea, just going a little about 3 times a day.  Yesterday started feeling bloat in lower ab. Last night I took a senokot....

Last reply
  • Panic attacks

Recently diagnosed after a summer from hell.  Lost 30 pounds from an already thin frame and horrible panic attacks even though a 46 year old with no history and a great life.  Doc thinks it may be because the stomache pain makes me hyperventilate    Anyone else with this issue

Last reply
  • Mars 777

I'm sure I suffer with Diverticula, I get bouts of using the Loo often, I have been like this for many years now. I have had investigations & was told I have mild Diverticula. Does anyone take any medication for this? I get the nausea & light headedness, I also feel very week when I get a...

Last reply
  • Diverticulosis

Hi im new here what a wonderful group, ive just joined, as a new patient, im 75years old, after 6months of being told i had ibs had a terrible time with it, so returned to the dr who orded a camera, which was last saturday, that was not very nice, never again, i have Diverticulosis, and 6 polyps which...

Last reply
  • Fybogel

Does anybody else get pain when they take fybogel it is happening all the time now I only take one sachet a day.

Last reply
  • Has any one gone to see a Colorectal surgeon?

I've got Diver.  Had lots of infections.  I just wondered if anyone has gone to see a Colorectal surgeon. And what do they exactly do? I'd be very grateful for any info .  I've googled it but just wanted some direct info from people who have experienced it .  TYIA 

Last reply
  • Is these drinks okay with DD

I was wanting to know if Coconut Water and or Coffee  is okay to drink for people with DD ? Also does anyone else on here use prune juice to move your bowels, and if so how much do you drink a day?  Thanks! 

Last reply
  • Oatmeal

I have tried to stay away from as much insoluble fiber as possible but would like to add oatmeal to my diet.  Anyone have a problem with oatmeal and its fiber content.  There are 2 grams soluble and 2 grams insoluble.

Last reply
  • NSAIDs increase risk for diverticulitis!

I wanted to share this article with you and my experience in hopes that it may benefit someone. I have had DD for many many years and have had symptoms that my doctor never associated with DD. For example over the past 5 years or so I’ve had lower left back pain intermittently, and left side testicular...

Last reply
  • Sigmoid colectomy

Hello everyone, I am 26 years old and I was diagnosed with diverticulitis last July. It had flared up 4 or 5 times before I went to the hospital the first time, I was being stubborn and thought I just couldn't digest meat very well. Then it was flared up for 2 weeks and I was trying to work through...

Last reply
  • Ab excercises with DD

I have always done ab excercises as part of my workout routine. I had my first flair and diagnosis 10.03.17. I am finally feeling back to normal. I am wondering if it is safe to resume the ab excercises, has anyone gone through this? I am afraid to explore it through trial and error and cause myself...

Last reply
  • 2nd flare up - fed up

Hi all  Well this is my second flare up.  First one was in May although I've had symptoms for years just didn't realise it was DD.  Doctor diagnosed diverticulitis in May.   For the last two weeks I've been getting night time nausea and ignored it but last week suddenly...

Last reply
  • stabbing pain

I was diagnosed with Diverticulitis in May after a colonoscopy I didn't have any antibiotics at the time and have been relatively well ever since. I have recently been having pain similar to the one I had before it comes in waves and  radiates to my back. At what stage do I have antibiotics...

Last reply
  • Cause of flare up

Could exercise cause a flare up. Yesterday I used a leaf blower for about 45 mins. Could the swinging action be the cause of a really bad flare yesterday evening and into the early hours of this morning.Not to bad now just very sore all down left side.

Last reply
  • Best Heating Pad

I’ve had half a dozen heating pads over the years and this new one is by far the best one had yet. I just wanted to share with you guys as I use this on a daily basis. I purchased this on Amazon for $60. It was the most I’ve ever spent on a heating pad but well worth it in my opinion. I’ve included a...

Last reply
  • 1st timer

Hi all, Went to urgent care yesterday as I was having extreme abdomen / back pain on my left side. Same thing happened a week prior but it cleared up on its own after a few hours. Anyhow, doctor suspects diverticula issue. Put me on IV drip of Cipro and some pain med. Now taking Cipro and floxacin....

Last reply
  • On antibiotic for 6 days still have pain

hi everyone,  New here. Need support.  Have had other flare ups, but this one seems to be not going anywhere. I’m on  flagel5 days now.I’ve done the liquid diet twice. I feel I need to eat something heavier because my stomach is not feeling like it should. I feel better  some parts...

Last reply
  • 😡😡 So upset

I was admitted to hospital with severe pain to left side, nausea, temp &  bloated. I had an X-ray & ct scan and diagnosed diverticulitus, my bowel severely inflamed. I was given antibiotics & fluid through a drip & metro &cipro to come home with. I couldn’t keep food down for...

Last reply
  • DIVERTICULOSIS - Removal of the Sigmoid Colon

I am a professional white male, 65 yrs old with diverticulosis.  I do have a lot of stress in my life too. I first bled bright red blood through my rectum 9 years ago.  I did not have any blood transfusions and it took me many months to get my Hemoglobin to 14. When I asked how to prevent...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.