Skip to content
Ad

Diverticula

Also known as Pharyngeal Pouch

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • I'm screwed!

Have been diagnosed without tests or investigation with Diverticular disease by my GP? It is a bit of a long Othello but in mid-September, I and my wife were travelling down to Harwich for the overnight ferry, and I started to feel unwell and the symptoms were like the beginnings of food...

Last reply
  • Fybogel

I am having a flare up at the moment but I was wondering when is the best time to start on Fibogel ? Thanks

Last reply
  • Diverticulitis/ food ideas

Hello! So I suffered my first diverticulitis attack on Christmas Day and am ready to start eating something others than soups. My question is... I hear stories that lettuce is not a good thing to eat and I love salads so is that a true statement and if so what about romaine lettuce? 

Last reply
  • Advice needed - Lower abdo pain for two years

My doctor has finally told me that he suspects I have diverticular disease.  I have had lower abdo pain for over two years which I thought was menopause related as it felt like labour pain.  My first two episodes were really bad and I actually wanted to just lie down on the grass when I was...

Last reply
  • Diverticulitis Attack

Hi All . I went into hospital Monday night with another attack of Divi . I was put on antibiotics through IV for one day and then changed over to tablets and sent home with 4 more days of antibiotics . I'm not eating , I'm only drinking water and chamomile tea , I can't eat soup...

Last reply
  • NICE clinical guideline

The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence in the UK is now in the process of developing a clinical guideline on diverticular disease. It is intended to assist patients and clinicians when making decisions about treatment, diet and other methods of alleviating symptoms. I am one of the two...

Last reply
  • Running with diverticulitus

ive been running for a long time but a year ago everytime I ran I had to rush to the toilet for a bowel movement, and had pain low in left side of abdomen.  I had a ct scan this was diagnosed as diverticulitus. im now back running but get pain in low left abdomen after runs. Does anyone else have...

Last reply
  • Diverticular blood in stools but without pain or illness

Hello Does any one who suffers from Diverticular Disease get blood in stools but with out being ill no pain or high temperature etc.   All I read is that Diverticular cause sudden large amount of blood which stops on it's own.  This happens when my stools are lumpy not when they are...

Last reply
  • Blood in stools

Have been clear of blood for a week.....now just started again...thought I was rid of this. But WHY are my stools so soft to quite loose. So I go back on liquids or what. I go at least 5 times a day recently. Any answers please .

Last reply
  • Diverticulitis Attack

I would like to ask a few questions about diverticulitis. My mum had a severe attack of diverticulitis for the first time last month, she was for a week in hospital and given antibiotics through IV. She was recovering slowly for 2 weeks but yesterday she started to have severe diarrhea again and is full...

Last reply
  • Diverticulitis attack.

Hi everyone. Just spent 7 days in hospital with bad diverticulitis attack. Only had a very mild case years ago. I had Iv antibiotics but cannot tolerate the oral ones for this disease. My doctor dr said the 7 days od intensive Iv antibiotivpcs should do the job. My question is,,when do you feel much...

Last reply
  • Just diagnosed Acute diverticulitis with bleeding I

What two antibiotics have you all taking for Acute diverticulitis with bleeding I had a Ct scan today with dye and showed I had Acute diverticulitis with bleeding after been up all night in non stop pain and bloody mucos discharge also there was blood in the actual bowel too plus the bloody mucos discharge...

Last reply
  • Blood and mucus in recovery .

Hi everyone. I have posted about my diverticulitis attack on this forum before. I am about 7 weeks out of hospital. Recovery has been slow but feeling much better. Bm's more " normal" . I am getting a bit of blood and mucus sometimes, which I have read is normal after a bad attack. Not...

Last reply
  • Diverticulitis/fruits

I was just diagnosed with diverticulitis and I was just trying to figure out what types of fruits I could eat and what I should stay away from. It seems like everyone has a different opinion and unfortunately doctors don’t help out a lot as far  a diet. Thanks 

Last reply
  • Holidays and Diverticulitis

I have been posting regularly on this site for over a year, and thought I had the disease pretty much under control.  Having been fine for ages, 4 days before my holidays this weekend I come down with the usual bloating, stabbing pains and 3 "hot spots".  5 bowel movements today (tmi)...

Last reply
  • DIVI DINERS

Returning from a hospital session of Drips and Deprevation (food) I was handed a Low Residue diet to follow. Scant in products,and information what to do with said products, I searced the web for more information,  onlt to find contradictory eat's and don't eats, so I thought that WE the ...

Last reply
  • Diet for Diverticulosis with constipation plus IBS

Anyone out there with both IBS and Diverticulosis and a constipation sufferer.  Despite eating fibre Wholemeal bread veg fruit and porridge I still get constipation (small balls stuck together) it is only taking fybogel each morning that I think ensures I go every day. Are there any high fibre foods...

Last reply
  • Effects of stress and Diverticulitis

Hi, I'm new to this group and just thought I would ask what fellow sufferers think about the implications of stress on Diverticular Disease? I'm 49 and have been a sufferer of this nasty condition for over ten years. Been hospitalised twice because of it. Unfortunately, I have multiple health...

Last reply
  • What is the cause, opinions please

I'd just be interested in others opinions on the cause of diverticulosis. I've always cooked from scratch, rarely eat what is termed as junk food and I love fruit and veg, so it was a shock not only to find I have this, but that it's severe, scarred and narrowed the bowel. I have had an inflamed...

Last reply
  • Diverticulites.

This is the second flare since a colonoscopy last Dec .but it is lasted now 4 weeks. Blood and mucus .I'm so so depressed with this cannot seem to function .little appetite.and was clear for nearly 2 day. So made a fish pie with mash. Then 30 mins later rushed to loo burst out of me with blood and...

Last reply
  • Diverticulitis and Meds (Cipro and Metronidazole: When?

I was given prescriptions to take in the event that I felt I might be getting an attack of diverticulitis.  But I am concerned about taking these if there is anything I can do to when I first feel anything.  I have read so much about the meds and I am worried about those!  I have had 4...

Last reply
  • How come I'm still feeling so rotten?

I've been on antibiotics for diverticulitis 6 days but I still have nausea and blood in my poo. Is this normal? Every time I've had diverticulitis before (this is my 4th time) I've been much better in a couple of days. Also, the other three times it was in the sigmoid with no blood in my...

Last reply
  • Diverticulitis round 1

Hi, I was diagnosed with diverticulitis 1 week ago today for the first time, I have multiple other GI issues, but never this before now. It started ok Christmas morning with rectal bleeding, that I ignored and let go for 5 days, as it increased more and more, and pain in lower left abdomen increased...

Last reply
  • Liquid diet and antibiotic misery, please help!

I'm having my first DD attack, I'm on the clear liquid diet and antibiotics. The problem is, with no food the antibiotics are tearing my stomach up. Even drinking broth, my stomach is so acidity, gassy and it sounds like there is a war going on in it. I'm burping terribly and the acid...

Last reply
  • Diverticular Bleed

I have had diarrhea and rectal bleeding for a month and discomfort (but not pain) lower left side. I went to see my GP and she ordered blood and stool samples. A few days later I woke up in blood stained sheets and when I got up blood was running down my legs. I called 111 and was told to go straight...

Last reply
  • Diverticulitis flare up with pain on right side

First flare up of severe abdominal pain led to emergency hospital admittance 4 weeks ago and after a CT scan, was diagnosed with diverticulitis. I am scheduled to have first colonoscopy in 2 weeks time.  I'm learning   about how to manage this condition but right at the early stage of...

Last reply
  • Diverticulitis, pickle juice

I was thirty five when first diagnosed with diverticulitis. It was an expensive issue after cat scans, emergency room morphine, and follow up appointments. The Dr told me at my age if I come see him again about this problem it's straight to the OR. So the next time I felt the tenderness, piercing...

Last reply
  • DX: Diverticulitis...I am feeling quilty and overwhelmed.

Dec 20th, feeling pain center, lower abdomen, sharp, stabbing and intermitting (right at the pubis area) Additional intermittent pain to lower right quadrant, again, stabbing and sharp. That first night stayed in bed in a fetal position in tears. Fever started and went as high as 102*. Next morning,...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.