Skip to content
Ad

Diverticula

Also known as Pharyngeal Pouch

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Effects of stress and Diverticulitis

Hi, I'm new to this group and just thought I would ask what fellow sufferers think about the implications of stress on Diverticular Disease? I'm 49 and have been a sufferer of this nasty condition for over ten years. Been hospitalised twice because of it. Unfortunately, I have multiple health...

Last reply
  • Pelvic floor pain w/ diverticulitis

Diagnosed w/ DD 7.15.17 - 6 days in hospital, 5 days IV antibiotics, bowel rest. Anyone else have pelvic floor pain? Appears that DD affects bladder? Actually, quite a bit of pain in the lower region. Anyone else? Thanks.

Last reply
  • Divictulitis help for mother

My elderly mother of 87years has divictulitis disease and her diet is a white bland one on a continuous basis. Reading up on this topic should she not be having high fibre foods when not having flare ups as I am a bit confused and hoping to help her? 

Last reply
  • Sigmoid Colon Removed for Diverticulitis

I had elective surgery in March 2011 to remove my sigmoid colon which contained a mass of problematic diverticulae. I was told by medical staff that at the age of 46 it was unusual to see so much! However, because I have always enjoyed a healthy diet, it was agreed that my condition was very likely due...

Last reply
  • The Positive!

Fever, constant nausia, inability to bend down without undoing trousers and never sure what the next visit to Captain Colon's favourite small room will bring.....BUT on the positive side I'm back down to the weight I was when I was 21: how good is that! Passengers on the great Diverticulitis...

Last reply
  • Question about pain after sigmoid colon resection

I had my sigmoid colon removed 5 weeks ago. I have a great deal of discomfort in the area of the resection, internally, near my lower left  pelvic bone. My incisions are all healed. I was wondering how long most of you hurt inside where the re-attached the "2 pieces" -sorry to be so graphic-rectum?...

Posted
  • Still fed up..

I've had DD for over 10 years now and maintain it by taking buscopan several times a day and making sure I eat fibre, but recently had a 4 day flare up by having wind cuz I had breakfast later than usual . Feeling like I just can't win or rather relax from this condition I try not let it overtake...

Last reply
  • Initial Diagnosis of possible Diverticular disease

Hi, I am completely new to this, and would welcome some help. At the beginning of July this year I started having pains in the lower left side of my stomach and had a full body sweat with nausea. I went to my Doctors who after giving me a blood test and a stool test (both which were ok) has suggested...

Last reply
  • abscess drained?

. just diagnosed three days ago....via CT and it also showed a small abscess.  Doctor said I may need it drained.... I'm so scared...depressed.  On two antibiotics and still diarrhea and slight cramping. i leave for Greece in 5 weeks and am terrified I may not be able to go and terrified...

Last reply
  • Egg

Had a boiled egg on toast for tea last night woke up this morning with really bad watery mucasy diarrhoea and bad pain in my left side.  Any suggestions what I should do x

Last reply
  • IBS

I think it might be my IBS I had a lot of stress yesterday and that probably kicked it off 

Last reply
  • Calling all exam data on the Despicable Dr D....!

Hi Everyone,                         I'm really interested in hearing what peoples experiences have been on the progression of  DD over several years? It seems to me that we all really have two mountains to climb here: the first...

Last reply
  • How to Choose the Best Probiotic Supplement

I found this explanation on how to choose the best probiotic, which I think is very useful.   Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details....

Posted
  • Flare up

Been having a flare up for the last 2 days diarrhoea stomach pains. I had tined rice pudding on Tuesday think it's that. I haven't eaten it since last year. On fluid only until I feel better 

Last reply
  • Breakfast

What do people on here eat for breakfast. I have been told albran is too harsh I am taking fybergel but I don't know what to eat x

Last reply
  • Fed up of IBS but now a Diverticulitis sufferer!

When I think back I suppose I've always had problems with my bowel. I remember, as a child, mum giving me sugar water to help me with my constipation. (not that I really think it helped). :!: Having had my appendix removed as a teenager, then having three children and suffering from IBS for the...

Last reply
  • Fiber supplements

I have slowly been adding fiber into my diet.... fresh fruit, AllBran( this works well but leaves me very gassy)...... I would like to try a supplement but am not sure how much or how often and what to use..... love to hear all suggestions and thanks

Last reply
  • Newly Diagnosed. Where do I start?

I've had belly button pain for months. I asked for a CT scan which revealed Diverticulosis. My PA says it's no big deal just eat a high fiber diet. I am anemic so I had to add Iron which can constipate you so I've added Benefiber each morning. I am overweight. I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables,...

Last reply
  • Metamucil vs Psyllium

Hi all, Just been diagnosed this year and recovering from a second bout of the dreaded D Reading the discussions, I note that Metamucil is seen as somewhat of a holy grail although expensive!  Reading up, it seems to mainly be psyllium husk.  Is this the case and why should I go for Metamucil...

Last reply
  • DIVI DINERS

Returning from a hospital session of Drips and Deprevation (food) I was handed a Low Residue diet to follow. Scant in products,and information what to do with said products, I searced the web for more information,  onlt to find contradictory eat's and don't eats, so I thought that WE the ...

Last reply
  • Anyone Had Surgery

If anyone has had surgery in the UK could you let me know your experience please. ? I've been offered surgery as I have multiple diverticular. I am having flare ups too frequently but at nearly 70 surgery is daunting . Hoping for positive posts but would love to hear any experiences....

Last reply
  • DIVERTICULOSIS - Removal of the Sigmoid Colon

I am a professional white male, 65 yrs old with diverticulosis.  I do have a lot of stress in my life too. I first bled bright red blood through my rectum 9 years ago.  I did not have any blood transfusions and it took me many months to get my Hemoglobin to 14. When I asked how to prevent...

Last reply
  • Dastardly Diverticulitis

I am 67 perfectly fit up until 6 weeks ago, have a good balanced diet, carry little extra weight, in all aspects very healthy, then acute pain doubled up in agony hospitalised and diagnosed with The dreaded D Liquid diet for about a week with antibiotics seemed to cure it and Colonoscopy scheduled for...

Last reply
  • Alternative to antibiotics?

I very recently finished a course of antibiotics but diverticulitis symptoms have returned. Blood work shows normal WBC, but elevated Neutrophils and decreased Lymphocytes with an elevated Sedan Rate of 41. Dr. Wants to put me back on antibiotics, but I fear more side effects and diarrhea/cdif. Not sure...

Last reply
  • Shouldn't I be better?

Diagnosed with mild Diverticulitis on 7/14, I took 7 days of Augmentin. Main symptoms were pain throughout abdomen and stomach. Lots of bloating and discomfort. The main pain dissipated, but now...a few days after I stopped taking the antibiotic, I feel like I'm back to square one. Abdominal pain,...

Last reply
  • Help please

I was told 4weeks ago I have DD after a 10day hospital stay which 8 off them days I was isolated.... I now have a flare up the pain in the bottom off my stomach is awful i had diearrea about 4times today.... can anyone give me some advice please... thankyou

Last reply
  • New Here, Right Side Lower Abdo Pain

Hi everyone, I have been reading up about right sided diverticulitis as I have had ongoing pain in my cecum area for quite a while now. I always thought diverticulitis was on the left so dismissed it as the cause of my pain but now realise it can be on the right. My symptoms all started with bad bloating...

Last reply
  • Colon and Bowel disorders

as a longtime suffer with DD Iv just read a article in today's Daily Mirror Mon 24th July 17 it explains the Food Map diet we hear so much about but didn't know what it means.

Last reply
  • Blockage

Does anybody have any ideas on how l can avoid another blockage l was very poorly the blockage of compacted poo passed after taking the laxative before a colonoscopy. I'm scared l will get another one. It was a partial blockage but was poisoning me!!

Last reply
  • looking for help

2 months ago got my results and have Diverticula took a while nearly 3 months to find out what it was as i only had really bad pain when i bent down and the worst ever pain when i turned over in bed.I was told to take pain killers fybrogel and drink more water none of which seem to work ! I have not...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.