Skip to content

Diverticula

Also known as Pharyngeal Pouch

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Feeling light headed

Hi all, I've posted a few times with various symptoms but just wondering if anyone gets light headed/dizzy at times, I have a lot going on wit weak painfully legs, lower back and rectum pain, Nausea etc, getting really upset and frightening now, Tks in advance

Last reply
  • Feeling so weak

Can anyone else suffering diverticulitis relate to feeling completely weak with no energy also light headed, besides all the Abdominal lower back and rectum pain which is so severe, feeling totally washed out

Last reply
  • Night sweating

I was wondering I’ve been dealing with a dull lower left abdomen pain for a year now.  Ct scan shows no infection from my diverticulosis  but the pain is still there I have nausea and very little appetite. My pain is not severe . Can I still have a small infection and inflammation that the...

Last reply
  • Flatulence....any one else.

I  suffer quite badly with wind and bloating, I think it is associated with diverticulosis....anyone else suffer and what do you suggest to ease the condition. I am avoiding any spicey food ,I do have the odd vodka and lemonade or coke, now I am thinking it is the fizzy drink which causes the wind....

Last reply
  • food diaries

Oddly enough after 3 months of pain this time that just kept getting worse I stopped eating eggs and it was like someone flipped a switch. Not 100% better but wow 95% better overnight. I can't believe it. I had been doing a diary but was not diligent with it. Write down everything that passes your...

Last reply
  • Pressure in side

I'm still pretty new to having diverticulitis and my only episode with it was a perforation. I'm getting pressure on the side of my stomach now, that kind of feels like someone is pushing their fingers into my side. It's not pain, just kind of uncomfortable. Has anyone ever had this? ...

Last reply
  • Pressure in side

I'm still pretty new to having diverticulitis and my only episode with it was a perforation. I'm getting pressure on the side of my stomach now, that kind of feels like someone is pushing their fingers into my side. It's not pain, just kind of uncomfortable. Has anyone ever had this? ...

Last reply
  • Soft food brainstorm for surgery prep?

I'm 20 days to surgery..Im great at listing out diet groups..But safe soft foods are all over the map..Just wondering if people can throw out ideas to keep up nutrition..mine are: scrambled eggs yogurt and banana smoothie apple sauce mashed sweet potatoes tender chicken cold cuts

Last reply
  • Colonoscopy done today

Had my colonoscopy this morning ...so glad that’s over!! But now I feel so weak and can feel the usual pain in lower left side 😟.  Most I have gone in past three months is 1/2 a day of no pain for a total of three days.  Results of colonoscopy said “several diverticula with mixed openings...

Last reply
  • Diverticulitis - Diverticulosis Flare up or not

Im not new on here, I love this site, has helped me stay sane knowing I’m not alone. But right now I could really use some help, advice. Am I having a Flare up or not. I was diagnosed in Feb 2018 with diverticulitis and small abscess,did one month antibiotics and probiotics,all the right things as far...

Last reply
  • Post operative advice please.

I've asked a similar question before but can someone who has had Both a bowel resection and  iliostomy please tell me how I should be feeling about now. It's 5 weeks today. I. Can walk around a bit, but not for long, still quite sore.  Is this all normal.? I know the surgeon said I...

Last reply
  • Flare ups

This is all too familiar. Neg scans, but cant tolerate dye for Ct and repeated flare ups. Where do you find a diverticulosis diet? Just have had a postive colonoscopy, and one time I drank something in ER and waited 2 hours and had CT. It was clear , does anyone know what that is called? Yhat did...

Last reply
  • Robotic or laparoscopic surgery ?

Thank you wonderful people and your detailed communication on the forum. Yesterday my surgeon mentioned that I need to heal for 30 days before she can do surgery. I can choose robotic or laparoscopic surgery. I had 3 flair ups in 2 months,  each time I was in tremendous pain for 2 weeks, I am still...

Last reply
  • Rigid colon?

Hi so glad to find this group. I'm very new to this so please point me in the right direction if my question has been discussed. Had colonscopy (not my first) yesterday but md couldn't continue it due to "rigid colon with diverticulosis" now need a CT colonscopy. I understand that...

Last reply
  • Sigmoid Colon Removed for Diverticulitis

I had elective surgery in March 2011 to remove my sigmoid colon which contained a mass of problematic diverticulae. I was told by medical staff that at the age of 46 it was unusual to see so much! However, because I have always enjoyed a healthy diet, it was agreed that my condition was very likely due...

Last reply
  • Pain off and on lower left abdomen. Diverticulitis?

Pain in left abdomen. Finally to ER 2 days ago.  had CAT scan which showed nothing unusual. Given Tramadol for pain and sent home. Pain still there off an on. My Dr son in law put me on Cipro and Flygel last night Not better. I’ve had diverticulitis before and it’s no fun. I have no fever just pain....

Last reply
  • Daily pain

I was diagnosed with DD September 2017 through CT scan. My colonoscopy showed no signs of DD. I have never taken antibiotics and do not suffer with constipation or diarrhoea. However I do have a continuous and constant low grade pain which goes across my abdomen with backache and this causes me much...

Last reply
  • Pain

Has anyone experience pain on left going all way to back with nausea ? I swear this keeps getting worst to worst. 

Last reply
  • SUDD Symptomatic Uncomplicated Diverticular Disease

I am beginning to wonder if I have SUDD as I don't spike a fever, I have long term lower left quadrant pain, my WBC has been reasonable and all the symptoms of IBS. One surgeon has said I have had diverticulitis several times stating thickening of my sigmoid colon and another surgeon has said I show...

Last reply
  • Pain for 1 year

I’ve had lower left abdomen pain for a year. I’ve had diverticuliticulosis for over 25yrs when ever I’ve had flare ups I’d use antibiotics but they stopped working. The doc gave me ct scan and it shows no infection . Can I still have pain with no infection or inflammation. I’m scheduled for surgery in...

Last reply
  • An Intro..

Im 40 something female from the NorthEast US. I was diagnosed 6 years ago through colonoscopy and cat scans. I didn't take my disease very seriously back then and it's only been about 8 months that Ive had to come to the reality that my life has changed. I've lost 30 lbs, and have had pnemonia...

Last reply
  • Dehydration after iliostomy

hi again everyone. I think most people know my story. Just need some help with a problem. My surgeon is concerned about my dehydration, common with iliostomies. It's quite bad. I can't take Imodium ,( not sure what it's called in uk, ) it gives me weird side effects ,  I just can't...

Last reply
  • 3x diviculitus flare ups in 2months😢

This is my first post!! I've had diviculitus since 2005 (last endoscope was 2017 which said there was multiple diviculitus..with narrowing and twisted of the sigmoid area)and I've just had a double prolapse operation.. bowel and bladder(Feb ) but in the last 6wks I have had 3 really bad episodes...

Last reply
  • Collagen Peptides

Does anyone add this to broths or other foods allowed on clear liquid or full liquid diet?   Any other comments on benefits or detriments of beef derived collagen peptides as it pertains to D is appreciated. 

Last reply
  • How long does diverticulitis last?

Hi, I’m 39 male, was diagnosed with acute uncomplicated sigmoid diverticulitis on a CT scan 12 days ago. Pain has been ongoing on and off for 2 weeks. I was given 5 days of flagyl and keflex. I’m a little overweight (not much atall really) and fairly active with sports and exercise 2-4 days a week. After...

Last reply
  • Anxious, Depressed, Side and back pain

I was diagnosed with right sided diverticulitis exactly two weeks ago today. I finished a 10-day course of antibiotics last Sunday and had advanced to a liquid/soft diet of Ensure shakes, grits, scrambled eggs, and tried mashed potatoes last night. Was still having pangs of discomfort in my lower/mid...

Last reply
  • Colon Resection Post Surgery Healing

What has anyone’s post surgery healing been like after colon resection? I had 13” removed (sigmoid and partial descending) along with appendix. My procedure was laparoscopic (main incision about 6cm). I am at 4 weeks post and still have deep soreness in my pelvic area along with pain on my left flank....

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.