1st week on tablets

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I am new to this site and just wondered if it was normal to lose just a 1lb in the first week.And do better weight lossses come the longer you are on them.

I am not going to get down and give up as I really need them to work for me. I know that you have to help yourself as well and feel that I am really thinking before I eat just anything.

Any feedback would be great thanks.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have also just finished my first week on orlistat only I did not lose anything at all. I have just stayed the same despite eating less than I normally would and a bit healthier ( I didnt starve myself). There doesnt seem to be any 'normal' pattern as everyone is different and will eat differently so I would say if you have had a 1lb loss then good for you! You have lost a pound and hopefully next week you might lose another one (or more!).

I could get down (I was a bit disappointed), but I have decided I am going to stick at it and I guess I will have to try harder this week to eat less sugar/fat than last week (I have a weakness for cake/biscuits/chocolate). Dont compare yourself to anyone else. Any loss is good and what matters most of all is keeping that pound off and never putting it back on again! Best wishes for the next week. Stick at it!

• Posted

buddhabelly - are you exercising along with your new lower fat diet? i have found that i lost better when exercising about 3-5 times a week (1hour sessions of step, aerobics, swimming etc) and also became firmer with muscle instead of flabby bits wink
  • Posted

Hi buddhabelly ( which I am sure your not ) thank you for your reply and words of encouragement,it really is a good site for sharing problems etc.I get weighed tomorrow so hope weight is less even if it is just a pound, the weird thing is I feel thinner.Does any one have the web site for map help as they are not available on the phone now. thanks.
  • Posted

Sexy lady

You are very welcome. A little encouragement goes a long way and we could all do with some more often I feel! I'm afraid I really do have a 'buddabelly' though - I have no illusions about myself! I have 3 kids aged 20, 18 and 9 and the youngest was by caesarean after which my 'buddhabelly' developed. Of course the day to day pressure of raising 3 children and often being lonely at home hasnt done much for my figure - I have had too many cups of tea with chocolate/biscuits/cake over the years to be 'good to myself' in between the school runs/making dinner etc. My eldest daughter has severe learning difficulties with autism and as a result I feel I am probably a little too emotional and overeat due to this. Such is life! We all have our failings and overeating is mine for sure!

Anyway, enough of me rambling on - stick at it girl - you can do it!

Sparkles,

About the exercise thing - I am a member of a gym which I have not being going to often enough - only once a week. I am trying to go 2 - 3 times a week but it is hard to get myself motivated. I havent given up yet though! Thanks for your advice - appreciated!

• Posted

Hi everyone, ive been on the blues 2 weeks now and ive lost over a stone and it hasnt been easy! Ive been very strict with myself and ive mean strict eg. no cake, biscuits, booze,chips,pastry,choc,sausage,pizza and only one take-away a week and then i choose boiled rice instead of fried and no battered chicken balls etc. Ive walked everywhere, done gardening, cleaning, swimming and overtime at work as well as school runs etc. it has been hard but i can see results already. Im the worlds worst for overeating but something changed the day i went for those pills, i was desperate for change. I worked out if i can use the pills for a kick start i might just get somewhere? I dont want to be super skinny, thats not me i just want to be 12 stone, that may not be enough for some but im being realistic and this time i think i might just do it (fingers crossed).

Please keep going just try it for 1 month if it doesnt work then the time may be wrong for you or you might just be one of those people that orlistat doesnt work for!

Best of luck, please keep going smile

• Posted

[quote:02e1c66f6a=\"carlyn30\"]Hi everyone, ive been on the blues 2 weeks now and ive lost over a stone and it hasnt been easy! Ive been very strict with myself and ive mean strict eg. no cake, biscuits, booze,chips,pastry,choc,sausage,pizza and only one take-away a week and then i choose boiled rice instead of fried and no battered chicken balls etc. Ive walked everywhere, done gardening, cleaning, swimming and overtime at work as well as school runs etc. it has been hard but i can see results already. Im the worlds worst for overeating but something changed the day i went for those pills, i was desperate for change. I worked out if i can use the pills for a kick start i might just get somewhere? I dont want to be super skinny, thats not me i just want to be 12 stone, that may not be enough for some but im being realistic and this time i think i might just do it (fingers crossed).

Please keep going just try it for 1 month if it doesnt work then the time may be wrong for you or you might just be one of those people that orlistat doesnt work for!

Best of luck, please keep going smile[/quote:02e1c66f6a]

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.