1st Weigh in!!!

Posted , 11 users are following.

Evening All

Just thought I would let you all know how I got on at my GP appointment today - In just under 6 weeks on Orlistat, I have lost an eye watering 10 kg ( 22lbs ) :lol: Thats like having triplets :shock: I knew I had lost a fair bit but YEE HA!!!!!!!!!! :cracker:

Anyway, on the downside lol I have developed high blood pressure (I thought you were meant to get healthier??) and need to go back later in the week to have my BP checked again!!

So keep at it folks, looking forward to my next weigh in already!!

Kirsty :lol:

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hey way to go Skye's sister - I am really piling the weight on and blaming the AD's that I'm taking. :shock:

Do you want to lose anymore or are you happy with your weight as it is now?

Good luck with the BP, do they have any ideas what might have brought that on?

Melbi x

• Posted

Hi Melbi

Unfortunately, I still have about 5 stones to lose so 22lbs is a small dent in the many I have to lose, but at least its going the right way! :lol:

As for the high BP, have no idea I have had no symptoms etc and nothing I can think of that would raise it so much!! I have been eating much better and exercising etc so doing all the right things. I'm hoping its just 'white coat syndrome' and one of the girls at work is going to check it tomorrow for me.

Can't believe that I am finally addressing the weight and getting slimmer, only to drop down dead with a massive CVA lol just my luck :lol:

K :D

• Posted

Hi Skye's Sister

Sorry my question forced you into the situation of looking what you need to lose rather than concentrating on what you have lost.

At the moment I am at a 'I don't care attitude' with regards my weight, but I know I'm going to regret it sooner than later if I don't curb my silly eating habits.

I have never been one for snacking of an evening but since being on paraxotine that is all I seem to do and unfortunately, it's the sweeter the better :shock:

I keep telling myself I will start doing more exercise but that is always tomorrow, and as we all know, tomorrow never comes :cry:

Wishing you all the best with the BP and hope it is easily treatable. Also, all the best for the future in your determination to lose even more weight.

Melbi x

• Posted

Hey Hi Kirsty ( Skye`s Sister).....Well done that is g8..... your weighjt loss is amazing. I bet you feel proud of yourself.....

Keep up the good work....

Hope your BP settles and that it does not course you 2 much trouble.

Luv Dal

• Posted

Hi Skyes Sister

WOW! Congrats on the weight loss. If I can achieve half that I'll be pleased as punch! :D

Way to go!!

• Posted

Fantastic weight loss keep up the good work!!!! :wink:
  • Posted

Yeah go Kirsty#

top news girl

I wish i could be as commited as you are but I am going solw and steady

Laups

• Posted

Huge congrats hun - thats fantastic news :wink:
  • Posted

My wonderful sister... :D

Melbi Ive been the same with my snacking! Infact, almost non stop eating since I stopped smoking in January. Lesser of 2 evils I guess.

• Posted

Hi Kirsty,

What a brilliant result :wow:

What you been eating :?:

Any tips always gladly received :wink:

Good luck with the BP

Jane

• Posted

hi skyes sister congratulations on your weight loss :D x
  • Posted

Hey Kirsty

[b:943e176512]YOU GR8 BIG LOSER YOU[/b:943e176512] :!: :D

i WOULD SAY 22LB IS A GR8 BIG DENT IN THE WEIGHT YOU WANT TO LOSE 8) GO GIRL :P

Did the nurse take ur BP b4 or after she told u about your weight loss :?:

Cos if she'd told me I'd lost that much then did my BP, it'd be through the ROOF :!:

Good Luck Honey and hope u sort it out.

Keep up the good work.

TTFN Kal :wink:

• Posted

Thanks for the good wishes guys!!! Lost the plot a bit over the past couple of days and have ate everything in sight lol

Jane, I try and stick to the Scottish Slimmers diet and have been making loads of low fat / low calorie soup! The big difference though has been exercising (I used to drop my son off at school in the car and its only 100 yards away from the house!!)

Going to the gym 3-4 times a week has certainly helped get the weight off.

K :lol:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.