1st Weigh in!

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi everyone!

Had to share my news with you all, had my 1st weigh in this morning and lost 4kg (8.8lbs), doc is well happy as i have given up smoking too, its been 1 month and 1 day!

Its been a hard slog but in some ways its getting easier, although still have a few moments when i think 'why me, why cant i just eat everything in sight and stay a same healthy weight' lol

Anyway, im having a nice chinese tonight, not going over board, still gonna take a tab in the comfort of my own home :0) and back on them tomorrow!

If i can loose weight, anyone can smile

Sian

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

wow well done!!

i can only hope i've done that well, its my first weigh in next thurs, i'm hoping for half a stone off *fingers crossed*

• Posted

Well Done Sian that is really good that is loads equivalent to 4 bags

of sugar.

Good luck Sparkles on your weigh in x

• Posted

That's great news Sian, brilliant. Everyone seems to be doing well at the moment, maybe it's the time of the year smile
  • Posted

Well done I have my next weigh in on Thursday, although I am not holding out much hope. I accidently missed my last appointment, so it has been about 6 weeks.

I think when I see it move I will get my motivation back xxx

• Posted

well done sian, i too have given up smoking and trying to lose weight n i know how hard it is, keep it up n well done again :D :D :D
  • Posted

:D well done i bet you feel fab :wink:
  • Posted

Thanks everyone, i feel great!! wow 4 bags of sugar, when u say it like that, amazing!!

Good luck for thurs sparkles and cluck, im sure you have both done well!!

The smoking thing has been hard, and both at the same time has been a mission, but im feeling the benefits so im still motivated to do it all :0)

sian

x

• Posted

hi sian just been reading your experience, you have also given up smoking and lost 4 kg thats BRILLIANT! weldone! :D keep up the great work!
  • Posted

I truly admire anyone that can lose weight AND give up smokimg. I'm afraid for me it's one thing at a time. Well done.
  • Posted

Hi Sian try carrying 4 bags of sugar around and you'll realise how much less weight you are carrying around x
  • Posted

Aw thanks everyone, i look foreward to logging on here, the support is brilliant, and to have ppl to talk to who know what ur going through is priceless!!

Petal - i was the same, its always been one or the other, i failed miserably at both tho! i was scared mostly, the thought of never having a fag again coupled with the fact that i was positive i would put weight on and thats the last thing i need right now! I have my goal now, my partner and i are trying to get healthy to be able to conceive (i have pcos which goes against me with the weight gain and fertility problems).

Thanks again everyone

x

• Posted

i can fully sympathise with you Sian, i too have PCOS and am trying to loose the weight before we try with the baby making to maximise the chances of concieving
  • Posted

Thanks sparkles,

i have been trying for about 2 yrs now, and im not getting any younger but the doc wont give me any more help or even a referal until i show im serious about losing weight, hense the pills and the giving up smoking smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.