1st weigh in

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had my first weigh in at Slimming World last night and I've lost 3lbs in a week. It's been hard work as I've gone from eating mostly ready meals to making meals from scratch. I've had to buy some new kitchen utensils and a wok.

I've got my next weigh in at the docs on Fri 13th May so I hope that's not a bad omen smile

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sally,well done on your 3lb loss thats great dont worry too much about going to docs on Fri 13th because dont forget its only unlucky for some think positive and you will be fine Good luck! smile
  • Posted

Well done Sally on losing 3lb in a week and if the date was unlucky everybody would stay in bed I'm sure you'll be fine at the doctor's Keep us posted on your progress :D
  • Posted

Well done Sally on losing 3lb in a week and if the date was unlucky everybody would stay in bed I'm sure you'll be fine at the doctor's Keep us posted on your progress :D
  • Posted

Luckily I am not a superstitious person so the date of the weigh in doesn't really bother me. The only real superstition I have is Magpies, other than that I'm happy to walk under ladders, cross on the stairs and put my new shoes (of which there have been many over the years as whilst I struggled to find nice clothes the shoes would always fit) on the table :lol:
  • Posted

Nice one sally smile

Oh im quite superstitious, no walking under ladders for me,crossing on stairs or walking on 3 drains, or putting any shoes on tables, or opening an umbrella over your head whilst inside, i have to salute magpies lol that does sound a bit nuts i know, but i assure you im quite \"normal\" lol

Trying to think of other superstitions now :idea:

• Posted

I do have 2 black cats. Are they lucky or unlucky, I can never remember
  • Posted

AH lol the superstition i know of is to never let a black cat cross your path i think lol.

A bit of both though i think, some ppl call it lucky, others unlucky lol

• Posted

I think the superstition about shoes is don't put new shoes on a table. Don't forget the one about 7 years bad luck if you break a mirror.Isn't there one about spilling salt and another about walking on cracks on the pavement.
  • Posted

Think it might be interesting to look and see how all these superstitions started. Bet some are really old.
  • Posted

ooh yes, if you spill salt you have to throw some over your shoulder or something to that effect.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.