1year 5months POST bunion op and the bunion has returned!!!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am suffering with so much pain, worse than before I had the op. Have nerve damage and sensitivity from op, and my foot is far less flexible. Now the bunion has fully returned and it's red and sore, no matter what footwear I put on. Doctors have suggested a repeat op. No Ways!!!!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Jesus how unlucky how long was you off work when you had your operation initially
    • Posted

Super unlucky. I had the op 23rd November 2014, and went back to work 26th Jan 2015. So I had enough time off work and wore the heel-weight-bearing show for a while when I got back to work.
  • Posted

Misery loves company. It has been 1 1/2 years since my surgery. My toe is still crooked. My toe doesn't touch ground, gait is off, has thrown my hip off, constant pain in my hip, leg and knee. My foot doesn't hurt though. I have not strength in my leg...ie need to grab something for leverage to get in to car. I'm miserable.
    • Posted

Oh no!!! The strength hasn't fully come back for me either, I don't know if I need physio - if it will even help at this stage. What are your options?
    • Posted

I was a bit optimistic about having mine done because of all the bad stories Iam only 4 weeks post op and going back to work on Monday at present I'm not sure if I'm just lucky or I've got something worse to come I've been told I'm ok to do light duties and my sick note was only for four weeks
    • Posted

My surgery was August 2014. I took 4 weeks off used, knee scooter, boot when walking etc. After a few weeks at follow up I asked, why my toe was still crooked. Drs respinse was "sorry" that happened. After a year with serious butt, hip, leg pain I went to a different Dr and they said "that sometimes happens". I asked if PT would help. 2nd Dr said probably a one in 5 chance it will help. I should have gone to a better surgeon.
  • Posted

Hi Sorry to hear about others' troubles. I am 5 weeks post bilateral bunionectomy and my 2 big toes are quite stiff and painful. I also have an area of numbness at the base if one big toe. I had the minimally invasive op through a key hole and a wire through the skin which was removed 1 week ago. The wound looks great but I am not walking properly yet. Has anyone else had the same experience?
    • Posted

Hi HillyBill, sorry to hyjack this thread but wondered how you were and how was the wire removal? I am loosing sleep thinking about it!!

• Posted

I have just had a scarf osteotomy on my second foot. It went fine with a great result. The problem is that the other foot which I had the same op on about 3 yrs ago seems like it is getting a bunion again. I like to ice skate and although my boots are a perfect fit (not tight) the left one is starting to feel tight. I will have to give up on ice skating which I only took up two years ago and which has helped my health, back etc so much. Both my toes have metal work in them which is supposed to keep the joint in place. I guess it only keeps it in place for a while until it heals though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.