2.9 cm kidney stone

Posted , 4 users are following.

I came to know that i have a kidney stone of 2.9cm..What should i do ? Please suggest something.. actually i so afraid of surgery and all...

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I just want to clarify...this is a 2.9 centimeter stone? Not millimeter? Have you seen a doctor about it? If you had a doctor tell you that you have a 2.9 cm stone, I can't even fathom why he/she hasn't set about a course of treatment for you. I am no expert, but I believe a 2.9 cm stone will require an operation. 2.9 mm, on the other hand, is passable on your own by drinking lots of water. Please clarify....

• Posted

I hv checked up nd doctor hv said to operate.. bt i m afraid of operation and i needed an alternative
    • Posted

Oh I see....well, I am sorry you are scared, but you will feel a whole lot better afterward. You will be glad to have that thing out of you! There is no other alternative I'm afraid. Have you had much pain?

• Posted

Why are you afraid of having an operation? Do you have other health problems that may cause problems if you have surgery? 
  • Posted

I just thought of something you may want to ask your doctor about and that is Potassium Citrate. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.