2 Ablations for SVT, low BP, now high BP

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, my teenage son has SVT and had his first sustaining event at 11, shortly after, he had his first ablation.  Almost a year later to the day, he had another event, followed by another ablation.  A year later he had a serious quad accident that caused him a lot of reconstructive surgeries, transfusions, a pic line, etc, and he missed his first year of high school.  Surprisingly, he didnt have any heart events during that time so we thought he was in the clear for a while.  Since his ablations he did continually measure with low BP, low as in both top/bottom number under 100 ie: 95/55 etc.  All of a sudden, out of no where, now he keeps reading high BP, his last read was 146/79.  Its always the top number that is high, bottom stays normal (but high for him) by 120/80 standards.  He is now 4 years out from his last ablation and I wondered if anyone else had a similar experience a few years after an ablation???  He is too young to be experiencing high BP and we have made an appointment with his cardiologist but Im curious if it is related to the ablations.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Finally found out why my son's BP is high...he was diagnosed with Graves disease which kind of complicates the SVT a little bit.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.