2 Bartholin Cysts at the same time!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Had anyone had a double Bartholin Cyst at the same time. I have them on both sides and they are just irritating each other. I have an apt next week to discuss the marsupialization but I can't find any info on doing them at the same time. This sucks. How is there no way to prevent these or to cure them??

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I thought I was the only one!  I had two at the same time.  I was able to get the one on the right side to open up and drain (and has stayed that way thank goodness) but the one on the left is extremely stubborn.  It has drained some but will not fully drain so it just keeps filling back up.  I have been trying all of the home remedies, Phoebe's cure, tea tree oil, sitz baths, epsom salt, silicea, tumeric, vitamins and it just will not go away.  Usually the baths work for me (this is the 6th or 7th one I've had in the last year) but not so far with this one.  I'm not sure what all you have tried but it seems many people can find relief with Phoebe's cure (just not me).  I am also considering talking to my Dr. about marsupialization but I'm undecided.  

• Posted

Same here. One drained, the other did not. Both are back in full force but since they don't fill up all the way neither fully drain properly. I'm scared to have the surgery done at the same time. They rub against each other as it is. Did your doctor say having two is a concern? Do you have any other health issues, I have an autoimmune issues. 

Thanks for the response!

• Posted

I do have an autoimmune issue but I'm not clear if they are related.  I have read about autoimmune issues being a cause but I cannot find anything specifically that calls out Celiac Disease (what I have).  Have you tried the homeopathic cures or sitz baths?  I feel like I've been living half my life in the tub...  sad

• Posted

My blood tests point more to like inflammation in my blood, possible Lupus but not really any symptoms. But the cysts appeared the same time as the inflammation. I sit in a bath 2-3 times a day. I was thinking of doing the sitz bath only so that no bacteria from the tub can get back in. I made an appointment for 2nd opinion tomorrow. I'm so worried its something more .I'm almost 40 and I just stopped taking the pill to see if that might be part of the reason. 

• Posted

You might try Phoebe's Cure.  It did not work for me but I did not leave it on as long as others did.  I do have to go to work so I can't have that odor (not terrible but not good for the work environment!)  I am now trying something called PRID that I got from Walgreens.  It is a drawing salve.  Again, I'm not using it at work, just at night.  I am seeing some draining but not that full on burst/drain for relief...

I would be interested to hear what the second Dr. has to say.  I'm 46 and still on the pill.  Whenever I call my Dr. about this they just tell me to do the baths and to call if it gets too bad and I need it drained.  I have not yet talked to him about how often I am getting them or any other alternatives...

• Posted

Hello Cheryl! My heart truly goes out to you, I cannot imagine having 2 at the same time it must me a night mare. What has helped me is curing the issue from the inside. Try taking probiotics! The more potent the better, as soon as I begun taking probiotics with 15 billion live cultures, my cyst broke down from a ping pong ball to a small grape in less than 48 hours. Also try to keep the area clean with tea tree oil! Never underestimate the power of natural remedies and the ability for your body to cure itself. Visualize the cysts going away and draining. Best of luck to you, feel free to message me if you would like more tips! 
    • Posted

Hi Bella, 

Yes I take probiotics daily as it is. I even switched it up to get different spores. I'm hesitant about tea tree oil because its really strong to me. I've using whitch hazel and apple cider vinegar too. My friend makes CBD lube and bath bombs, but It was making me itchy so I stopped. I've had this for about a year now. And having a compromised immune system I'm sure doesn't help. 

I went for the second opinion and the doctor agreed with my gyno, that I should to the marsupilization on both cysts at the same time. So I'm going to try and have it done asap. 

The sucky part, is I'm kinda seeing a new guy, and it will suck to be like ummmm we gotta wait a month to be intimate like that. I think he will understand tho. My ex was understanding, but it still made me super insecure all the time. 

• Posted

Thank you for letting us know what the second Dr. said!  I know that is tough especially with the new guy situation but I'm sure he'll be understanding.  I really hope this is the end of these beasts for you!!! <3

• Posted

Hi! I’m so happy to find at least two people who know what this is like. I’m currently crying a bit in my car outside of my gyn office... just coping.

I’m wondering where both Texan and Cheryl are at in this process.

I’ve dealt with a single cyst and two kinds of draining over the last year and while the cyst itself hasn’t gone away, the pain has, so I’ve put off excising it. Then, this past weekend I woke up to pain that almost made it difficult to walk on the opposite side. Over the past week some warm compresses have helped fade the pain, but the second cyst is there and not leaving. My new doc told me that if its painful again, the only option is to drain or excise. He had zero insight around why this keeps happening and how to try to deal with them homeopathically.

I’m terrified of what excising them both could be like for my lady parts long term...

• Posted

Hi Kmuns, 

I'm in NY. There really is no cause as to why this happens. Its just that the fluid is not draining and it builds up and we get cysts. I'm scheduled for a double marsupialization at the end of the month. I know its gonna be awful, but I'm hoping my doctor can get rid of whats there because again, mine do not fill up fully. I've done the homepathic stuff and it just didn't work for me. And since draining is not really an option this is the best advice I've gotten from 3 different doctors. What worries is me is all the comments about having the surgery and then it coming back but I'm going to try and stay positive. 

Do you currently have them on both sides or one at a time but on both sides? I find that friction causes them to flare up as well. I wish there was a study on why this happens. 

Do you have any autoimmune issues? That is the only thing I've come to see as a common similarity amongst us all. In the meantime, just take care of yourself. Take lots of hot baths with salts and even some aromatherapy while you are in there to relax. 

Ill keep you posted after the surgery

• Posted

I feel ya. I’ve had one for a little over a year, and now two as of this last week. The first was drained, came back, marsupialized, then came back. Now it’s not painful, just present. The second was painful, now just present. Something I would have wished differently with my marsupialization is to have had the incision on the outside, rather than inside. The healing and return to sex life took longer in my opinion because of the location of the scar. I discussed this option with my gyn the other day and he said it’s possible, just not something they normally do.

I am not aware of any autoimmune disorders, but I’m in my 30s and there are a number of thyroid, lymph and digestion issues in my family, so I’m always tuned into that possibility.

And YES, I wish there was a study on this! Yet another area of healthcare that feels like it’s shrugging off the female experience, imo...

Thank you for sharing. Wishing you the very best and quick healing!

• Posted

Hi kmuns,

The one I had on the right side has almost completely gone away.  I have found that giving it a squeeze (TMI, I know) once or twice a day has been helping to keep the duct open.  

The one on the left side has persisted but in the last week or so it has shrunk considerably.  Unfortunately, I do not have any insight as to why since I have not been doing anything specific to treat it.  The last couple of weeks have been hectic for me so I have not been able to do any baths/compresses.  The ONLY thing I have been doing is taking Silicea 30c (I ordered from Amazon).  So while I cannot be certain that this is what has helped the left side, I am going to continue to take it.  

I am with you on the fear of excising it.  A couple of months ago I was fed up and going to schedule this with my Dr.  But then I found this forum and decided I might not want to do that.  I would say right now mine are "manageable" so I will just continue as I have been.

Sorry for the delayed response but I have had a lot going on the last couple of weeks.  I hope yours have improved by now!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.