2 Botox injections later

Posted , 5 users are following.

Having the Balloon dialation tomorrow (13/04/2016) after suffering for over a year, had two botox injections which give relief only for a short time in being able to eat. Still got severe pains in the chest more often at night when lying on my side and occasionally during the day. will the pain continue after the dalation? 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I'm having a problem understanding what your problem really is. Does your Esophagus need to be open and is that what is causing your problem? Or, is your Sphincter not functioning properly? In my case, my Sphincter wasn't functioning properly and mostly remaining closed. The two options that i was givin was Botox and surgery. My doctor adcised me against the Botox because I'd have to come back every so often for another round where as surgery would be the best possible option so I had the surgery. It's been a year and a half now and i'm pretty much back to normal.  I eat slowly, chew my food well, eat several smaller meals throughout the day. Glad I had the surgery.
  • Posted

I have had a heller myotomy and have since had dialation and botox. So far nothing has helped my spasams which I get a lot at night and during the day. Up to 7 per day. But, everyone is different and hopefully they will work for you. My esophagus goes crazy after a scope but then settles back down after a few days.
  • Posted

Hi Sapper 806! I presume the 806 is the last 3 of your army number, but I could be wrong. My last 3 are 310, and I was in the RE from 67-73. If the chest pains are from wind, try peppermints before you go to bed and take a charcoal capsule from the usual shop. They are used in the filters in gas masks and absorb excess gases in the system. Hope this helps.
  • Posted

You really need to be sleeping more upright in bed. I have recently bought a fram thing that you can adjust with your pillows on top. The only thing is you have to sleep on your back, but symptoms alot better x
    • Posted

(sorry that should read frame)
  • Posted

Sleeping in with your upper body somewhat elevated is without question beneficial. Two way this can be accomplished without purchasing a new frame. You can simply raise the head of your bed by placing wooden blocks under each of the legs at the head of the bed. You can also purchase risers on line for the legs. These extensions will raise the head of your bed only. I purchased a wedge pillow online I then added two pillows to the wedge that props me up and it works just fine without raising the head of the bed. Good luck. 
    • Posted

just a point...the frame thing i bought was about £25.00. not an expensive piece to relieve symptoms x

• Posted

I didn't say that it was expensive, just merely indicating that there were other options.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.