2 Bulging discs!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone . Update!

I saw my doctor today, I asked if she had access to my MRI Results and hooray !! Yes she did smile

The results show that I have2 bulging discs, I now have to wait to see my consultant (for the first time) on 26th feb to see what we will do in terms of treatment.  Any ideas ???

Thanks

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Are you in the UK? If you want an earlier date, where I live, we’re encouraged to ring the appointment line regularly to see if there’s been a cancellation. And make sure you get sent a copy of the letter sent to your GP. I often have to ensure that requests from the hospital to the GP, are carried out.

I found out yesterday that my MRI revealed spondylolisthesis and my reflex responses indicate a possible problem in my upper spine, so he’s organising further MRI scans.

Physio, core strengthening in particular, and learning a lifestyle to cope with what appears to be yet another life long condition. Caused by Beijing age related, but also linked to my arthritis.

I hope you get sorted soon

• Posted

Oops don’t know how Beijing got in there haha. Should say “being”
    • Posted

Hi, yes I’m in the UK, I have tried asking for an earlier appointment but nothing is available yet, 

I hope you get the treatment you need soon ..

• Posted

Look up the exercise routine MarWin on here recomends.. After 5 weeks of me doing them I was totally pain free and have been for 4 plus weeks now.. I have 2 herniated discs L2/3 and L3/4 and had the worst sciatic nerve pain Ive ever experenced for 10 months couldnt stand strait or on my feet longer than 10 min at a time without having to sit with ice to relieve the pain
    • Posted

Try MarWin in search or sciatic pain 

This forum is a pain in butt to try and find things.I havent figured out how to use it very good yet. Just keep looking you will find it

• Posted

Don't wait ,,,,, find a physiotherapist  and go ,,NOW ... I didn't have the pleasure of a scan, or a referral to a consultant. just left to cope by myself ..as usual,, Just got back from the physio ..third session ,and Sciatica is now a mere whisper ,,from excruciating ,,never want that again,, Pain,, !!!!! Paying was well worth it,, 

• Posted

Hi, I have physio tomorrow, they are going to start acupuncture so we’ll see how that goes... I’ll try anything at this point!
    • Posted

Hope you feel a big difference like I did. Can't quite see how the acupuncture fits in , but hey bring it all on .Maybe a slight tap on your wayward discs  with a toffee hammer might help.lol 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.