Skip to content
Ad

Sciatica

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Help

Hi I wonder if anyone can relate. The dr thinks I have sciatica but being the anxious person I am I don’t fit the diagnosis. My back pain in minimal I only seem to get the pain in my thigh it’s ok while I am sitting but laying in bed it’s like constant cramp in the back of my thigh it constantly hurts....

Last reply
  • Excruciating Sciatic Pain - Gabapentin

Evening all, I've had a history of back issues, with surgery to repair 2 prolapsed discs 13 years ago. I have. When pain free and had no bother with my back since. However, the other day when lifting a case I felt my back go, since then I have had terrible sciatic pain, ranging from uncomfortable...

Last reply
  • has anyone tried acupuncture for sciatica

This is my 5th week in severe pain MRI SCAN this Sunday can't come soon enough my right side is in constant exuiating pain i cant even touch my right leg for me heat makes the pain worse but cold compressions sooth my leg slightly I'm so down I feel like crying with this constant pain i still...

Last reply
  • Back in Hell

Having spent a year in agony house bound I ended up finally having my surgery back in august , it was a success I was overwhelmed with emotion being able to sit no pain and lay down and sleep was amazing 5 weeks later I got up and it was back ,omg no not again I've had a emergency scam and waiting...

Last reply
  • Both legs random pain

Hi there! About 4 weeks ago I started gym. I work full time on my desk and used to go straight to the gym without warming up and starching.. after a week I started to feel pain in my lower left leg. I started to worry as my mind told me its a blood clot. Ive been on the pill for about 6 years &...

Last reply
  • Sciatica possibly?

Hello all. At about the age of 20, I started to develop lower back pain. Nothing serious and barely noticeable. However, it has consistently gotten worse. Now at 22, I have episodes where the back pain is okay, but other times it feels like a pinched nerve. It's hard to get out of bed etc. this issue...

Last reply
  • Can Sciatic Nerve damage cause erectile dysfuntion?

After an MRI and a number of doctor consultations, my husband was diagnosed with a number of bulging discs up and down his spine, especially the lower back. Like everyone, he has severe pain going down his legs (mainly one leg), hips and lower back.  About this same time he started having erectile...

Last reply
  • Microdiscectomy Recovery – Returned Pain Week 5 Post Operation

Hi Everyone, I’m a 33 year old, male and I've recently had a microdiscectomy (6.5 weeks ago 21st July 2014) to remove a large L4/L5 herniated disc which was pressing right central on my sciatic nerve. This was causing severe pain in my right buttock, occasionally moving to the left, and pins and...

Last reply
  • Sciatica in neck and arm??

Hi for a few days now i have had a dull ache up my arm. At times my chest hurts a bit too. From yesterday the ache has gone to my shoulder and neck. Its really worrying me so i rang my doctor who has told me its sciatica. Does this sound familiar? I can't help but think its something more serious...

Last reply
  • Sciatica nerve block

Hello  I’ve had sciatica for just over a year . I’ve been on medications all this time and have good an bad days. I am having acupuncture. Three weeks ago u had a nerve block injection and since this I have the sensations back in my foot and lower leg that I had when I was very sore . Has anyone...

Last reply
  • Sciatica, help!

Hey! I'm a 21 year old female & I was diagnosed with Sciatica in December & it's been driving me crazy since. I have had back problems in the past as I done gymnastics from a young age & studied make-up artistry for two years, both which can strain your back, also my job of working...

Last reply
  • Sciatica Surgery success rates

Hi I have stenosis of my lower limber back & recently I have sciatica pain in both buttocks & both upper thighs, it been driving me mad for over six weeks now, I have had nerve block injections which relieved the pain for only 24 hours, I am now looking at having surgery...

Last reply
  • Sciatica returning 8 weeks after L4-L5 laminectomy and fusion

I would  like to get some feedback on this recurrence of sciatica. I am 8 weeks post op L4-L5 laminectomy and fusion. I was great for the first 3 weeks and was walking up to as much as 5 km per day. Then suddently my feet went numb and now I have recurring pins and needs and sciatica is starting...

Last reply
  • Help is out there, good luck x

Hi all I'm really sorry to hear some of your stories I don't think mine has been as bad but here goes... I woke up one Saturday morning about three weeks ago and couldn't get out of bed it got progressively worse over the weekend to the extent that I got an emergency appointment on...

Last reply
  • Living with Sciatica

When was in my late 20's I started to suffer from Sciatica in my lower back, pain was excrutiation, as time years went on it eased and I learned to live with it, this was on my right side. A few weeks ago now I am in my late 40's It started down my left side. The same pain I went through before....

Last reply
  • So unhappy with this awful sciatica

Can anyone tell me anything to help with getting rid of tightning in my right thigh . I have had this pain off and on for 4 weeks i feel so down i cant work or do my normal things ive enjoyed before its took over my life has anyone got though having this awful complaint? 😂

Last reply
  • Chronic pain decisions with conflicting opinions

Anyone feel at a dead end or running into a cycle or treatments leading to same results? I have cervical injury leaving me with regular (but manageable) pain. I have permenant nerve damage leading to permanent muscle loss in my lat/triceps and shoulder. I experienced lower back injury (years after the...

Last reply
  • Severe foot pain & loss of feeling (two bulging dics)

I wonder if anyone has had a similar experience & can help at all? I have a history of back problems going back a decade. Last Feb my disc went again resulting in horrific pain in back/foot/ankle (also in leg, but gradually improved, pain in ankle/foot remains to this day at the same pain level)....

Last reply
  • Are hammocks good or bad for Sciatica and slipped discs?

Hi. I slipped a disc in L4/L5 area in May 2017. Since July, I've had Sciatica on right side from hip all the way down to foot. Taking Gabapentin for the nerve pain which helps to a degree. I have seen conflicting reports as to whether sleeping or even taking short naps in a hammock is a good or bad...

Last reply
  • Now I have the diagnosis for my sciatica

Well after having leg pain for over 4 months and numerous pain killers, Naproxin, Co-codimol,Gabapetin, Ice packs, New Mattress, Tens, Physio and chiropractor, I decided to go private and see a consultant. He clinically diagnosed a slipped disc and said I was one of 10% of people where it doesnt subside....

Last reply
  • Numb ride side~ arm, leg, shoulder etc.

I started with a shoulder strain from the gym which began to radiate to my chest also, I booked a drs appointment to discuss the chest pain. Then on the morning of my drs appointment my right side went numb (no paralysis) just a tingling pre pins and needles feeling (i hope this makes sense) right leg,...

Last reply
  • Shooting pain attacks in right groin area - female

About me: 43 years old (44 soon) Gender: Female Weight: 9 stones Height: 5'4" Births: 3 children (now in late teens) by caesarean sections Occupation: Admin Hobbies: avid weightlifter for about 5 years but given up about 1.5 years ago Daily exercise: dog walk for about 15 minutes Problem: About...

Last reply
  • Doctor has told me I have sciatica but I'm not convinced.

I have pain in my hip, cramp in my calf and numbness and change in sensation in my calf and foot. I can't lift my foot off the floor and I feel as if I'm flapping my foot when I walk. I can walk off the pain but when I sit or lay down the pain slowly intensifies and I have to get back up within...

Last reply
  • Pain for 5.5 months but determined issue 5 weeks ago

Hi, I have experienced leg pain for the last 5 and a half months and my doctor was not able to determine the cause.  She sent me for x-rays and a variety of tests before referring me to a sports doctor.  I had an ultrasound and they said I had Grade 1 muscle strains but I was in constant pain...

Last reply
  • So much pain/depression

It's been on and off since 2011. I'll pull my back out doing some mundane task like picking something up off the floor, and for 2-3 weeks I'll be in such excruciating pain. Can't walk unless I hold on to something and I can't straighten up, I'm constantly leaning to the left....

Last reply
  • Leg Pain and buttock pain

So glad I cam across this forum, Hi Im 51 and consider myself as active I cycle 3 mile a day to work and back and walk around 15000 steps . I have recently had a lower back pain and leg pain, physio helped my lower back but i am left now with buttock and leg pain. I am using the TENS machine, taking...

Last reply
  • In hospital

Hi I've been suffering for months changed my life,become as recluse . Cannot walk ,lay down sit.. all I do is wait for next pill time ..Not drove my car for months , finally had an MRI after months of waiting then get an op date 11 aug yes omg Pre op 26 July ,I've gone worse over last week ..Explained...

Last reply
  • No calf muscles

Hi everybody posting in nearly 5 weeks post knee replacement and leg straightening. Why did I ever complain about my first knee replacement 7 months ago realised although the usual hurdles I got through extremely well. Been suffering with extreme cramps and involuntary muscle spasms through the nights,...

Last reply
  • Spinal stenosis

Spinal stenosis , bulged l4, I was told back 2003 that I had two herniated discs l4 l5 ... now the doctors say l4 is bulged..I have been in pain since April 30 I'm off of both.my job as of last week when the sciatic pain got really bad.. Can't sleep can't lie down can't walk can't...

Last reply
  • Piriformis stretches for sciatica

Has anyone had relief after doing these stretches regularly? I just started yesterday and want to do them again today as When I was doing them felt some relief but still same old pain today!

Last reply
  • Finally Had op L4 L5 was in agony

Finally had my op after being in agony for a year ,was excited to think I would wake up pain free.. Woke up on Friday night after surgery still very sore , Saturday was able to walk to bathroom behind wheel chair ..Legs still feeling very stiff ..DR came said I could go home but I didn't feel right...

Last reply
  • Facet Joint Injection

Am I the only one feeling extreme pain when getting Facet Joint Injections, so much so they only could inject one side so now have to go back for right side. Thanks

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.