Skip to content
Ad

Sciatica

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Sciatica Surgery success rates

Hi I have stenosis of my lower limber back & recently I have sciatica pain in both buttocks & both upper thighs, it been driving me mad for over six weeks now, I have had nerve block injections which relieved the pain for only 24 hours, I am now looking at having surgery...

Last reply
  • Severe foot pain & loss of feeling (two bulging dics)

I wonder if anyone has had a similar experience & can help at all? I have a history of back problems going back a decade. Last Feb my disc went again resulting in horrific pain in back/foot/ankle (also in leg, but gradually improved, pain in ankle/foot remains to this day at the same pain level)....

Last reply
  • Microdiscectomy Recovery – Returned Pain Week 5 Post Operation

Hi Everyone, I’m a 33 year old, male and I've recently had a microdiscectomy (6.5 weeks ago 21st July 2014) to remove a large L4/L5 herniated disc which was pressing right central on my sciatic nerve. This was causing severe pain in my right buttock, occasionally moving to the left, and pins and...

Last reply
  • Chronic pain decisions with conflicting opinions

Anyone feel at a dead end or running into a cycle or treatments leading to same results? I have cervical injury leaving me with regular (but manageable) pain. I have permenant nerve damage leading to permanent muscle loss in my lat/triceps and shoulder. I experienced lower back injury (years after the...

Posted
  • Are hammocks good or bad for Sciatica and slipped discs?

Hi. I slipped a disc in L4/L5 area in May 2017. Since July, I've had Sciatica on right side from hip all the way down to foot. Taking Gabapentin for the nerve pain which helps to a degree. I have seen conflicting reports as to whether sleeping or even taking short naps in a hammock is a good or bad...

Last reply
  • So unhappy with this awful sciatica

Can anyone tell me anything to help with getting rid of tightning in my right thigh . I have had this pain off and on for 4 weeks i feel so down i cant work or do my normal things ive enjoyed before its took over my life has anyone got though having this awful complaint? 😂

Posted
  • Now I have the diagnosis for my sciatica

Well after having leg pain for over 4 months and numerous pain killers, Naproxin, Co-codimol,Gabapetin, Ice packs, New Mattress, Tens, Physio and chiropractor, I decided to go private and see a consultant. He clinically diagnosed a slipped disc and said I was one of 10% of people where it doesnt subside....

Last reply
  • Can Sciatic Nerve damage cause erectile dysfuntion?

After an MRI and a number of doctor consultations, my husband was diagnosed with a number of bulging discs up and down his spine, especially the lower back. Like everyone, he has severe pain going down his legs (mainly one leg), hips and lower back.  About this same time he started having erectile...

Posted
  • Numb ride side~ arm, leg, shoulder etc.

I started with a shoulder strain from the gym which began to radiate to my chest also, I booked a drs appointment to discuss the chest pain. Then on the morning of my drs appointment my right side went numb (no paralysis) just a tingling pre pins and needles feeling (i hope this makes sense) right leg,...

Last reply
  • Shooting pain attacks in right groin area - female

About me: 43 years old (44 soon) Gender: Female Weight: 9 stones Height: 5'4" Births: 3 children (now in late teens) by caesarean sections Occupation: Admin Hobbies: avid weightlifter for about 5 years but given up about 1.5 years ago Daily exercise: dog walk for about 15 minutes Problem: About...

Last reply
  • Doctor has told me I have sciatica but I'm not convinced.

I have pain in my hip, cramp in my calf and numbness and change in sensation in my calf and foot. I can't lift my foot off the floor and I feel as if I'm flapping my foot when I walk. I can walk off the pain but when I sit or lay down the pain slowly intensifies and I have to get back up within...

Last reply
  • Pain for 5.5 months but determined issue 5 weeks ago

Hi, I have experienced leg pain for the last 5 and a half months and my doctor was not able to determine the cause.  She sent me for x-rays and a variety of tests before referring me to a sports doctor.  I had an ultrasound and they said I had Grade 1 muscle strains but I was in constant pain...

Last reply
  • So much pain/depression

It's been on and off since 2011. I'll pull my back out doing some mundane task like picking something up off the floor, and for 2-3 weeks I'll be in such excruciating pain. Can't walk unless I hold on to something and I can't straighten up, I'm constantly leaning to the left....

Last reply
  • Leg Pain and buttock pain

So glad I cam across this forum, Hi Im 51 and consider myself as active I cycle 3 mile a day to work and back and walk around 15000 steps . I have recently had a lower back pain and leg pain, physio helped my lower back but i am left now with buttock and leg pain. I am using the TENS machine, taking...

Last reply
  • In hospital

Hi I've been suffering for months changed my life,become as recluse . Cannot walk ,lay down sit.. all I do is wait for next pill time ..Not drove my car for months , finally had an MRI after months of waiting then get an op date 11 aug yes omg Pre op 26 July ,I've gone worse over last week ..Explained...

Last reply
  • No calf muscles

Hi everybody posting in nearly 5 weeks post knee replacement and leg straightening. Why did I ever complain about my first knee replacement 7 months ago realised although the usual hurdles I got through extremely well. Been suffering with extreme cramps and involuntary muscle spasms through the nights,...

Last reply
  • Spinal stenosis

Spinal stenosis , bulged l4, I was told back 2003 that I had two herniated discs l4 l5 ... now the doctors say l4 is bulged..I have been in pain since April 30 I'm off of both.my job as of last week when the sciatic pain got really bad.. Can't sleep can't lie down can't walk can't...

Last reply
  • Living with Sciatica

When was in my late 20's I started to suffer from Sciatica in my lower back, pain was excrutiation, as time years went on it eased and I learned to live with it, this was on my right side. A few weeks ago now I am in my late 40's It started down my left side. The same pain I went through before....

Last reply
  • Piriformis stretches for sciatica

Has anyone had relief after doing these stretches regularly? I just started yesterday and want to do them again today as When I was doing them felt some relief but still same old pain today!

Last reply
  • Finally Had op L4 L5 was in agony

Finally had my op after being in agony for a year ,was excited to think I would wake up pain free.. Woke up on Friday night after surgery still very sore , Saturday was able to walk to bathroom behind wheel chair ..Legs still feeling very stiff ..DR came said I could go home but I didn't feel right...

Last reply
  • Facet Joint Injection

Am I the only one feeling extreme pain when getting Facet Joint Injections, so much so they only could inject one side so now have to go back for right side. Thanks

Posted
  • Severe post surgery sciatica

Second surgery L5/S1 in nine month and post op 3 weeks, sciatica so severe the pain in causing nausea .... help  struggling to Cope. Taking pain relief but nothing is working , surgeon told me to wait but the pain is the worst it has ever been 

Last reply
  • Numbness after L4/L5 microdiscectomy- tell me it goes away??

Hello, My name is Michelle. I am a RN and I have had years of low back pain with a history of herniated discs from L3-S1. These symptoms would aggravate me from time to time but, being a nurse, with a familial history of arthritis I thought it was just par for the course. Until three months ago when...

Last reply
  • Neurosurgeon appointment in 2 weeks

Hi all I have an appointment with the hospital about my sciatica and Disc prolapse plus facet joint arthritis I am not sure what to expect and I am a little bit scared. My physio said it looks like the facet joint is pinching the sciatic nerve because the disc's don't seem to bad.  Has anyone...

Posted
  • Cordal Epidural Injection

Tomorrow I have this procedure given by a Pain Management Consultant This is for continual Sciatic Pain in the legs which impair mobility. Anybody have experience of this procedure? How long did it last? I understand two per year can be given because of the |Steroid component of the injection. George...

Last reply
  • Piriformis Syndrome & Sciatica Pain

I am not usually the sort of person to post in these forums but I wondred if anyone could help me out.  My partner suffered with 2 slipped disks towards the end of 2016 which took months to heal. 3 weeks ago we had to move furniture out from our old house into our new home and this has caused him...

Last reply
  • different pain

Hi There I have had problems in the past with a bulging disc.that caused sciatic pain .I have been lucky and have only had two episodes where i had awful pain since in the last 20 years they only lasted maybe a week or so.yesterday i started getting a nerve pain in thetop of right buttock even just touching...

Last reply
  • Sciatica over 6 months, now unbearable. :'(

Hi, I've just joined & hope someone may be able to give me some hope.  I've had sciatica pain down my right leg now since January.  It came on suddenly one day & continued to come & go with my thigh muscle also contracting by itself.  In the last few days it has got...

Last reply
  • Sciatica at night -sleeping position and other tips needed

My sciatica was triggered two weeks ago by my putting on my socks while I was sitting on a step. Since then, I have been on an assortment of pills, but I am trying to get those down to just ibuprofen. I have a hip support on during the day which helps me walk, but the pain is excruciating at night when...

Last reply
  • does sciatica gradually get better or get better suddenly

my sciatic pain has been going on for 4 weeks now  i am taking naproxe and amitryptiline. Will the sciatic suddenly go away or will it go gradually. My pain is not as bad now but dont know if its the drugs or its getting better. Can anyone tell me the symptoms of it getting better and should i continue...

Last reply
  • HELP WITH SCIATICA

Hi Anyone suffering with sciatica and or lower back pain my advice is to call Spinex disc clinic on 0207 100 4598 They helped me and I was suffering for a long time and I was saved from surgery. They can help you Don't hesitate

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.