Skip to content

Sciatica

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Excruciating pain in both legs and buttocks

Hi Guys, I have been suffering with Sciatica for 11 mos. now. I’ve had 2 epidural and scheduled to receive another one tomorrow. My question is does anyone have any idea of helping with the pain upon waking up or even just relaxing. I can’t sit or drive. The next final step is surgery but I’m …

Last reply
  • Buttock twitching 11 days post discectomy

Hello. I had a l5/S1 & L4/L5 discectomy on 30th July for terrible sciatica in my left leg. Things are much better, still getting some leg pain tho. Yesterday & today, I'm getting twitching in my right buttock..so my good side.! It's quite vigorous at times. I get it when I'm sat …

Last reply
  • Sciatic Nerve Pain From the Perspective of Many Decades

I'm not a doc but was married to a pharmacist for 25 years and now a 30-year psych nurse for the last eight.  As of December 31, 2017, I'm almost 70 and I've had 28 real, "out cold" operations in the past 18 years...not counting tests and work done by chiropractors and …

Last reply
  • Sciatica over 6 months, now unbearable. :'(

Hi, I've just joined & hope someone may be able to give me some hope.  I've had sciatica pain down my right leg now since January.  It came on suddenly one day & continued to come & go with my thigh muscle also contracting by itself.  In the last few days it has …

Last reply
  • Dr says I have sciaitica

Hi all, about 5 days ago I started getting bad pain in my knee which has now spread to my thigh and hip. Sometimes the pain is in my foot too. I had a fall about 3 weeks ago and banged my knee. Everything was ok up until 5 days ago so I assumed the pain I've been getting was from that. However …

Last reply
  • Anyone had spinal decompression L4/L5- in UK?

Hi, I've recently had a spinal decompression on L4/L5- L5/S1 back in March this year in the UK. I had been suffering for almost 2yrs with sciatica and was on lots of pills, mostly towards the end Codeine and Morphine (morphine worked wonders) but was getting fed up on meds as it's not a fix. …

Last reply
  • Unable to bare weight on my leg.

Hi. I'm waiting for my 2nd discectomy on my L5/S1. However, about 10 weeks ago, I developed a more intense pain down the back of my thigh, knee and into my calf. It's gradually got worse. 3 weeks ago, I couldn't stand on my leg, the pain was so intense, like it's being ripped apart. …

Last reply
  • Anterior Lumbar inter body fusion

Hello, I am 52 y/o woman, I have been suffering with sciatica for longer than 2 years and the last six months the pain has been increasing dramatically, the pain is excruciating, my buttocks hurt so much I can't even sit down in my car or seeing a movie.I had a chiropractor stretches, epidurals, …

Last reply
  • Leg pain and weakness

I have been having a lot of pain in the back of my right leg. Specifically in the right glute and down the back of my right leg. It has been going on for about two months now and the pain is constant while driving or sitting. I can deal with pain, but what I can’t deal with is a new symptom where …

Last reply
  • Sciatica Pain Killers Help!

Please help! Im a 30 year old man my wife and i have 10 month old twins which is hard work even for a fit person! Ive been in and out if my work for the last few months due to the pain and can take much more. I’ve had and MRI scan and its revealed i have an l5s1 protrusion of the disc with …

Last reply
  • Chronic Sciatic Pain feeling hopelesd

I am a 21 year old female who has been having issues with my back for the past two years. The first time my back flared it was due to me sleeping in an odd position on a couch. Those symptoms lasted for about 7 months and then went away for about 10 months only to come back. The second flare up …

Last reply
  • Ongoing issues with sciatica

I have moderate to severe sciatic pain in my left leg lasting 8 months now. MRI confirmed disc bulge at L4/L5 causing stenosis. Doctor originally said it's in recovery but little relief for the last 3 months. Two steroid injections made little difference. He has now changed one of my meds from …

Last reply
  • Debwall

Have super bad fybrimyalgia got awful sciatica for four weeks now. Having tramadol co codamol. Naproxen sleeping tabs. Bug still can’t move or pain to go. Can’t sleep eat focus lie sit or walk!!!!!! Help me or I’m going to hospital tomoz to beg xx is liquid morphine better 

Last reply
  • Degenerative Disc disease

After finally getting results from MRI scan i was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease,(having suffered a slipped disc in March this year) ,still feel as though my walking is impaired. Anybody else had this diagnosed? What happens next i wonder?

Last reply
  • Sciatica

HELP 😢😢 I have been suffering with sciatica for 8 mos. now, I’ve done absolutely EVERYTHING I can do and this junk refuses to go away. I’m having my 3rd and final epidural shot July 10th. Can any of you guys tell me what worked for you. I am sooooo depressed, just retired a year ago, …

Last reply
  • Hernitated Disk Sciatica - HELP!!

Hi All, I have been reading this forum for the last couple of the days, normally in the middle of the night when I am forced to get up because of the pain. Let me give you some background. February last year I was a normal healthy 34 year old. I was helping my girlfriend move house and during the …

Last reply
  • Siactca

Help I’ve had this for 8 weeks , can’t sit can’t walk can’t sleep, got pain killers naxpoxin , tramadol , can’t move in the morning can’t even sit on the toilet pain brings me to tears , can’t sleep even tried the pillow under my legs , no joy , waiting for physio, but don’t hold much hope , …

Last reply
  • Lower back pain and shoulder pain and NOW sciatica

Hi , 3 years ago i fell and landed on a plant pot hurting my back only bruising but, it was ok a couple of months later got back pain then nerve issues in buttocks and legs and pelvic area (tingling, burnig, feeling wet on my skin. i was referred for an MRI have a bulging disc L1 and I ended up on …

Last reply
  • ? Sciatica

Am waiting for mri to be done but am wondering whether anybody else has problems with pain when walking.  I have had sciatica some years ago but don’t remember if I had this problem. Pottering around the house am fine but any distance outside I get severe burning in my leg that goes if I sit.

Last reply
  • 12 months on...

after all the tests, x ray,ultra sound,MRI and now a pending standing x ray I'm no further forward. Spondylolisthesis grade 1 diagnosed and Physio recommended. Numbness and pins and needles have increased and pain is off the scale.... averaging 2 to 3 hours sleep feeling pretty low. Supposed to …

Last reply
  • Sciatica? Please help

I'm 33 years old and am a supervisor in a inbound call center. Today I got home from work and did my normal routine (cook, take dog out for potty break, sat down on couch and watched tv), shortly after i sat down i felt a sharp pain in my left butt cheek and it was radiating into my hip. The …

Last reply
  • Severe left groin pain (female- 6+ months)

I am a 19 year old female and have had severe groin pain for six months now. The pain is indescribable and takes my breath away, it is so sharp almost like someone is viciously ripping my leg from my pelvis bone. It happens all day everyday consistently no matter if I'm resting or walking. …

Last reply
  • Sciatica?

Hello Can anyone please help ? Can sciatica cause tingling in lower back and stiff on walking in lower leg? Please if any of u tell me what symptoms you all ecperience sith sciatica? Does sciatica causes stiffness?

Last reply
  • Medication issue; long term nerve damage and diclofenac!

Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice. I have had sciatica for nearly six years now; it has been on and off depending on my activity levels and pain killers. I currently take 600mg of Pregabalin and 100mg of Diclofenac a day and that has been working well to keep the pain at bay. I' …

Last reply
  • Lumbar spine injections

Has anyone had lumbar steroid injections ? I’ve got a chronic injury to lower back L4/L5 disc tear. Had a flare up and had a lot of lower back pain over the past week. I have been offered the injections for the second time , think I am going ahead with them this time, pain is easing now with physio …

Last reply
  • Sciatica?

Hi I have pain in my leg sometime right sometime left leg calf. I also feel heaviness (weakness) in legs but i can walk with limp Feels stiffness on walking and sometime pain going into the feets as well but the symptoms are better when i lie down and is worse on standing up from sitting or lying …

Last reply
  • Sciatica - Calf weakness but not much pain anymore

Hi all, I hope this finds somebody! Bit about me - I'm 21, (was) fairly active and in shape. So, a couple of weeks back I went to a physio regarding my sciatica-like pain where I was told that I had slipped disc in my lower back. At this point I was in a fair amount of pain. 3 months prior to …

Last reply
  • Lower back muscle Nerve Pain.

I had a 2 inch lipoma removed 15 years ago. The past 5 years a had 2 discectomies for back and sciatica leg pain and can hardly bear to put weight on it.My back swells slightly most days and sometimes goes into spasm. Is it me or is it just a coincidence that the scar from the lipoma removed is …

Posted
  • Numbness in groin area

Hi just wondering if anyone has experienced numbness in the inner thigh area and outer pubic bone area ... been suffering for about a week with it now 🙈

Last reply
  • I can't stand up straight

I think I have sciatica but in the last few days when I try to stand up straight i get a shooting pain through my right thigh and ankle. I'm doubled over in pain. I'm on naproxen, zapain and diazepam which take the edge off the pain but don't take it away. I'm now worried it's …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.