Skip to content

Sciatica

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Sciatic nerve pain - can’t walk!

Have herniate disc at L5 and went thru all pain mgmt possible.  Not sure what aggravated it but have been bed ridden for four days now!  Right leg from butt to thigh to calf to foot feels like charlie horse....taking tramadol with tylenol arthritis, using heat pad and no relief.  Thinking...

Last reply
  • Lower back pain and pain down to my toes

Hello all I have just been to my doctor as I have been having pain in my lower back and down to my toes on my left side and sum pins and needles around my gron it will last for a few minutes my doctor told me that I have damage nerve in my lower back and give me sum naproxen but it don't have any...

Last reply
  • Sciatica, chiropractic, general treatment and exercise bike

Hi there, I developed my sciatica about 9 weeks ago, it was more profoundly painful, persistent and with frequent attacks than at any time before, and after seven weeks I could bear it no longer, my GP just threw pills at it, which didn't work, at it, I was told yet more time would have to elapse...

Last reply
  • Debilitating chronic pain, similar to sciatica. PLEASE HELP

I am praying someone will see this and offer advice for my dear mother. My mother is in a complete debilitated state of physical health. Let me provide details.  In August of 2017, my 66-year-old mother had her left hip replaced. Surgery went well, no complications. Afterwards,...

Last reply
  • Medication issue; long term nerve damage and diclofenac!

Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice. I have had sciatica for nearly six years now; it has been on and off depending on my activity levels and pain killers. I currently take 600mg of Pregabalin and 100mg of Diclofenac a day and that has been working well to keep the pain at bay. I've...

Last reply
  • Numbness after L4/L5 microdiscectomy- tell me it goes away??

Hello, My name is Michelle. I am a RN and I have had years of low back pain with a history of herniated discs from L3-S1. These symptoms would aggravate me from time to time but, being a nurse, with a familial history of arthritis I thought it was just par for the course. Until three months ago when...

Last reply
  • Pain

Today I have had awful pain in my hip and lower calf and foot and Gabapentin does not seem to give any relief. I did try to wean myself off Gabapentin but the pain got worse and now on the full dose I was on I still have bad pain. I am on holiday until next Monday so I suppose I will just have to...

Last reply
  • Scs

Hi I was wondering if anybody was around that has the permanent spinal cords stimulator specifically Medtronic I'm doing the trial right now I'm on day 4 and it feels like the leaves are like pushing on my spine but they want to come out or something. I'm just other than that like I but not...

Last reply
  • Severe left groin pain (female- 6+ months)

I am a 19 year old female and have had severe groin pain for six months now. The pain is indescribable and takes my breath away, it is so sharp almost like someone is viciously ripping my leg from my pelvis bone. It happens all day everyday consistently no matter if I'm resting or walking. Nothing...

Last reply
  • Shooting pain attacks in right groin area - female

About me: 43 years old (44 soon) Gender: Female Weight: 9 stones Height: 5'4" Births: 3 children (now in late teens) by caesarean sections Occupation: Admin Hobbies: avid weightlifter for about 5 years but given up about 1.5 years ago Daily exercise: dog walk for about 15 minutes Problem: About...

Last reply
  • Sciatic nerve agony, what's best to do?

Hi I've had sciatica before last year and in the years leading up, but this is a whole new ball park game, its excrutiating, from my lower back, right down the whole of my right leg and including my foot all over it.  It happens when I am sedantary as well as on the move. I'm taking glucosamine...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin use

I agreed with my doctor to cut down on the amount of Gabapentin I was taking (2× 300mg, 3 times a day) as I didn't think it was giving me much relief. So I cut down one capsule every four days. I had got down to three capsules a day, and then last night I had awful pain seeming to affect...

Last reply
  • Shock wave device

Has anyone tried a so called shock wave device such as the Sciaticalm for pain relief, if so please post.

Last reply
  • Excruciating Sciatic Pain - Gabapentin

Evening all, I've had a history of back issues, with surgery to repair 2 prolapsed discs 13 years ago. I have. When pain free and had no bother with my back since. However, the other day when lifting a case I felt my back go, since then I have had terrible sciatic pain, ranging from uncomfortable...

Last reply
  • Is this sciatica

Just been to a and e cos my leg is so painful really sharp going up leg I've been in tears taking regular pain killers nothing touching it. Got no pain in back. The physio touched my back and it hurt.

Last reply
  • Hi

How many of u find the pain worse at night when lying down woke up in agony this morning. I find heat helps more hope this goes soon it's awful.

Last reply
  • Bulging disk: it's a pain in me arse🙄

Hey been suffering for a while I'm 3 months in have found some do's n don't that have worked for me an more than willing to try new treatments that have worked for yourselfs                  HELP ME LOL

Last reply
  • Cortisone injections for sciatica relief

Does anyone know anything about cortisone injections for sciatica pain.  I have heard they can be painful but work.  I've had chronic sciatic pain for over seven weeks now and get an attack up to four times a day every day, having to apply tons of lavender oil, deep freeze or ibuprofen...

Last reply
  • Scatica

Been in so much pain over the last two weeks in my left calf radiating into upper leg and groin. Been in tears it's that bad. Been to drs many times there been saying it's muscular and wouldn't do an mri. I'm off work and just scraped the money to see a physio private he said it's...

Last reply
  • True sciatica

About September last year, the pains in my left leg started and have been virtually unrelenting all that time. Other people that I have spoken to have taken medication for a while and the pain has gone and in some cases with only an occasional flare up. Do other people have periods virtually free from...

Last reply
  • Sciatic Nerve Pain From the Perspective of Many Decades

I'm not a doc but was married to a pharmacist for 25 years and now a 30-year psych nurse for the last eight.  As of December 31, 2017, I'm almost 70 and I've had 28 real, "out cold" operations in the past 18 years...not counting tests and work done by chiropractors and acupuncturists. ...

Last reply
  • Horrible Pain

I have had 3 back Surgeries and I need another soon, but besides that about 25 Days Ago I was in a Gas Station and had a Seizure and fell and when I did I Hip My Left Hip. After about an hour I couldn’t bear any Wt so I went to a ER and X-rays were done and no fractures were seen (it was a small ER in...

Last reply
  • What's this pain in left leg

For 10 days now I been experiencing severe pain in my left leg. It started at first with cramping in left calf that woke me for two days. Since then the pain is like a severe dull ache which goes up my left leg. My leg feels week. It's also gone to my upper leg and groin. I'm worried sick this...

Last reply
  • Can someone help?

Getting really strange sensations in left leg started like cramping at night now I'm getting like a dead leg feeling. I'm worried I have a blood clot but my blood test has come bk normal what could this be

Last reply
  • Sciatica - Calf weakness but not much pain anymore

Hi all, I hope this finds somebody! Bit about me - I'm 21, (was) fairly active and in shape. So, a couple of weeks back I went to a physio regarding my sciatica-like pain where I was told that I had slipped disc in my lower back. At this point I was in a fair amount of pain. 3 months prior to this...

Last reply
  • 6 moths of Sciatica - doctors not helping?!

Hi guys! I was wondering if anybody could offer some advice when it comes to getting a referral for an MRI scan? To give some background, I'm 26 years old & have been relatively fit & healthy all my life. Around October last year, I started to experience frequent pins & needles in my...

Last reply
  • Hernitated Disk Sciatica - HELP!!

Hi All, I have been reading this forum for the last couple of the days, normally in the middle of the night when I am forced to get up because of the pain. Let me give you some background. February last year I was a normal healthy 34 year old. I was helping my girlfriend move house and during the course...

Last reply
  • Sciatica on behalf of active mother prior to condition.

A little history my mother was very active prior to this condition she and a friend would walk 5 to 7 miles 3 times a week, now she cannot walk any long distance because of back and leg pain. She has been to the doctors have been prescribed pain pills that do not work, as well as topical ointments. The...

Last reply
  • Sciatica over 6 months, now unbearable. :'(

Hi, I've just joined & hope someone may be able to give me some hope.  I've had sciatica pain down my right leg now since January.  It came on suddenly one day & continued to come & go with my thigh muscle also contracting by itself.  In the last few days it has got...

Last reply
  • Severe sciatica

Hi everyone  I’m looking for some advice - I’ve just joined out of desperation.  I have recently had an mri and I have a disc protrusion l4/l5 I initially felt the pain in my back in August 17 which lasted about 3 weeks - I woke up one morning and all the pain had gone. I was pain free for...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.