Skip to content
Ad

Sciatica

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pain for 5.5 months but determined issue 5 weeks ago

Hi, I have experienced leg pain for the last 5 and a half months and my doctor was not able to determine the cause.  She sent me for x-rays and a variety of tests before referring me to a sports doctor.  I had an ultrasound and they said I had Grade 1 muscle strains but I was in constant pain...

Last reply
  • Piriformis stretches for sciatica

Has anyone had relief after doing these stretches regularly? I just started yesterday and want to do them again today as When I was doing them felt some relief but still same old pain today!

Last reply
  • Finally Had op L4 L5 was in agony

Finally had my op after being in agony for a year ,was excited to think I would wake up pain free.. Woke up on Friday night after surgery still very sore , Saturday was able to walk to bathroom behind wheel chair ..Legs still feeling very stiff ..DR came said I could go home but I didn't feel right...

Last reply
  • Facet Joint Injection

Am I the only one feeling extreme pain when getting Facet Joint Injections, so much so they only could inject one side so now have to go back for right side. Thanks

Posted
  • New product to help relieve sciatic pain when sitting?

Hello I hope that our new product (the Sciatic Pain Relief Cushion) , a cushion designed to offload the sciatic nerve, can help some of you.  The cushion will be launched on Crowdfunding in four weeks time, but we are already on twitter (@thesprc) and facebook etc so you can sign up to be notified...

Last reply
  • Severe post surgery sciatica

Second surgery L5/S1 in nine month and post op 3 weeks, sciatica so severe the pain in causing nausea .... help  struggling to Cope. Taking pain relief but nothing is working , surgeon told me to wait but the pain is the worst it has ever been 

Last reply
  • Numbness after L4/L5 microdiscectomy- tell me it goes away??

Hello, My name is Michelle. I am a RN and I have had years of low back pain with a history of herniated discs from L3-S1. These symptoms would aggravate me from time to time but, being a nurse, with a familial history of arthritis I thought it was just par for the course. Until three months ago when...

Last reply
  • Neurosurgeon appointment in 2 weeks

Hi all I have an appointment with the hospital about my sciatica and Disc prolapse plus facet joint arthritis I am not sure what to expect and I am a little bit scared. My physio said it looks like the facet joint is pinching the sciatic nerve because the disc's don't seem to bad.  Has anyone...

Posted
  • Cordal Epidural Injection

Tomorrow I have this procedure given by a Pain Management Consultant This is for continual Sciatic Pain in the legs which impair mobility. Anybody have experience of this procedure? How long did it last? I understand two per year can be given because of the |Steroid component of the injection. George...

Last reply
  • In hospital

Hi I've been suffering for months changed my life,become as recluse . Cannot walk ,lay down sit.. all I do is wait for next pill time ..Not drove my car for months , finally had an MRI after months of waiting then get an op date 11 aug yes omg Pre op 26 July ,I've gone worse over last week ..Explained...

Last reply
  • Piriformis Syndrome & Sciatica Pain

I am not usually the sort of person to post in these forums but I wondred if anyone could help me out.  My partner suffered with 2 slipped disks towards the end of 2016 which took months to heal. 3 weeks ago we had to move furniture out from our old house into our new home and this has caused him...

Last reply
  • different pain

Hi There I have had problems in the past with a bulging disc.that caused sciatic pain .I have been lucky and have only had two episodes where i had awful pain since in the last 20 years they only lasted maybe a week or so.yesterday i started getting a nerve pain in thetop of right buttock even just touching...

Last reply
  • Sciatica over 6 months, now unbearable. :'(

Hi, I've just joined & hope someone may be able to give me some hope.  I've had sciatica pain down my right leg now since January.  It came on suddenly one day & continued to come & go with my thigh muscle also contracting by itself.  In the last few days it has got...

Last reply
  • Sciatica at night -sleeping position and other tips needed

My sciatica was triggered two weeks ago by my putting on my socks while I was sitting on a step. Since then, I have been on an assortment of pills, but I am trying to get those down to just ibuprofen. I have a hip support on during the day which helps me walk, but the pain is excruciating at night when...

Last reply
  • Living with Sciatica

When was in my late 20's I started to suffer from Sciatica in my lower back, pain was excrutiation, as time years went on it eased and I learned to live with it, this was on my right side. A few weeks ago now I am in my late 40's It started down my left side. The same pain I went through before....

Last reply
  • does sciatica gradually get better or get better suddenly

my sciatic pain has been going on for 4 weeks now  i am taking naproxe and amitryptiline. Will the sciatic suddenly go away or will it go gradually. My pain is not as bad now but dont know if its the drugs or its getting better. Can anyone tell me the symptoms of it getting better and should i continue...

Last reply
  • Spinal stenosis

Spinal stenosis , bulged l4, I was told back 2003 that I had two herniated discs l4 l5 ... now the doctors say l4 is bulged..I have been in pain since April 30 I'm off of both.my job as of last week when the sciatic pain got really bad.. Can't sleep can't lie down can't walk can't...

Last reply
  • HELP WITH SCIATICA

Hi Anyone suffering with sciatica and or lower back pain my advice is to call Spinex disc clinic on 0207 100 4598 They helped me and I was suffering for a long time and I was saved from surgery. They can help you Don't hesitate

Last reply
  • Anyone tried Physiokey?

My friend works as a massage therapist and think that's physiokey may help my sciatica pain that I have down my right leg. Has anyone tried it and if so, what do you think?

Last reply
  • Neurosurgeon appointment.

Hi all I have facet joint arthritis and 3 prolapsed discs which cause sciatica. I have just received a letter off the neurosurgeon to make an appointment. I am a bit worried about this and am wondering if it will help with the burning pain I have in my back and pain down my left leg when I walk. Does...

Last reply
  • Help ! My sciatica Is ruining my life.

I am 50 years old and according to my physiotherapist very fit for my age. I was diagnosed in March 2013. Since then I have had this debilitating condition off and on, more on though. At first it wasn't too bad, but now it's getting worse. I have been taking the highest dose of diclofenax...

Last reply
  • Medication that worked for me for scyatica

Hi, I started having pain and numbness on my right foot for some time. Then my ankle was hurting then my calf then my leg was in pain. One morning I woke us feeling kind of stiff and tried to stretch only to send me to my knees. The pain radiated from my back all the way to my ankle then my little...

Last reply
  • This is awful!!!!

This is just awful! About three months ago, I woke up, and it felt like someone had taken a sledge hammer directly to my right hip. Walking hurt ferociously. I don't recall falling, nor slamming into anything, and I certainly don't remember getting hit with a 10 lb sledge. It stayed that way...

Last reply
  • Recovering from sciatica

I had sciatica 6 years ago and had a very successful op that took a long time to recover fro .however I damaged my back 6 weeks ago today herniated disc and am glad to report it is improving from a lot of pt i can now walk pretty good and pains in butt and thigh have gone and calf is slowly going .I...

Last reply
  • Sciatic pain from L5 / S1 facet joint senovial cyst

Hi there, Has any one had a synovial cyst on the L5 /S1 facet joint.? I have had injections to no account. The next step is partial removal of the cyst, but it seems posible that the cyst may just grow again. The last and final opp is removing the synovium sac (or what ever) and fusing the two joints...

Last reply
  • Help with my partners non stop Sciatica.

I'm posting on behalf of my partner, he's 30 years old from the UK and around 5-6 years ago he slipped a disc after sneezing. I should probably mention that he is 6 foot 8, if that makes a difference with spinal injuries I'm not sure. But after he slipped his disc he developed very severe...

Last reply
  • 10 months out from microdiscectomy still in pain.

I had a second L5S1 discectomy back in August, after surgery my pain had gone but the left side of my left foot and the back of my left leg were numb, which they had not been before the surgery. the numbness gradually subsided revealing that it had been masking a lot of pain. This too has lessened over...

Last reply
  • pain in groin

can anyone help who has experience similar situation? I have pain in my groin, after prolong sitting, when I stand I experience excruciating pain.  I walk as if am old then suddenly pain will disappear. I feel as if I want to vomit sometimes and afraid to walk?  

Last reply
  • Long car journey advice for sciatica relief

Hi, I experience pretty regular bouts of sciatica on all ends of the pain scale. I can usually manage it quite well with various pain relief, heat/ice and have a tens machine that is great. Unfortunately what seems to aggravate it the most is being in the car for anything more than an hour, I will then...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.