Sciatica Pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

My wife has had pains in her buttock, down her leg, gets a severe pinching sensation in her calf and a stabbing pain in her ankle. This started seven months ago and got progressively worse and so painful she couldn't walk. She was getting nowhere on the NHS (in fact the advice given was making it worse) so we paid to go private and she had a MRI scan. This showed disc problem in her back and a nerve that was being squashed hence the pain.

She was then referred to have a procedure which was a Left S1 DRG block. This was an injection she had in her back. This was last Wednesday (30 November) and she was told that it should resolve the pains she is getting. Today (Sunday) although there is slightly less pain in her buttock, she still gets the severe pinching in her calf, the pins and needles in her foot and the severe stabbing pains in her ankle when she walks.

Has anyone had this injection for similar symptoms of sciatica and if so did you find the injection eased all the pain especially in the calf and ankle and if so how long it took.

Many thanks.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I had TWO epidurals and both did nothing to help me. MRI showed 2 herniated disc. Waiting on call from surgeon. 😦

• Edited

l have my first injection Friday and am praying that it works.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.