Disfigured foot from chronic sciatica

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I have as the title says a disfigured foot from my chronic sciatica which I have had for about thirty years. I have to claw my toes to keep a shoe on and the side of my foot is numb (as are other areas of my right thigh/leg. I still get a lot of tingling, especially at night & my leg kicks out from it. My foot is very often a purple colour too. I just wondered if anyone else has this. I also walk with a limp.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi,

I have had sciatica for 2 and a half years. It is getting worse. My foot isn't deformed but is permanently numb, as is the back of my thigh. I was in A&E yesterday getting tested for cauda equina after collapsing on the bathroom floor and in intense pain. Yes, I too constantly have pins and needles and strange sensations. I also get cramp in the back of my leg.

Have you had any treatment? Do you take medication?

I feel I've just been left to get on with it. Waiting for a place on a pain management course. However, my biggest fear is having more permanent nerve damage on what is already there and becoming more disabled.

Sorry I don't have any answers. Sometimes it's good to know you're not on your own.

Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.