Nerve root injections...do they work?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all,I have suffered with sciatica for over 20yrs now on my left side,3 years ago it started in my right side going down the back of my leg to my ankle but it was manageable with paracetamol and the odd Naproxen...Its now gone into my thigh and into my knee and calve of my right leg making sitting and sleeping horrendous!

I also suffer from Fibromyalgia and peripheral neuropathy in both legs and feet,I'm a type 2 diabetic,my sciatica was probably due to working in hospitals and nursing homes in the past, especially homes that didn't always have a hoist. I am awaiting an appointment with a chronic pain management consultant to assess my pain and to organise another MRI,nerve root injections where mentioned in a previous telephone consultation but I'm very sceptical about these,has anybody had any?did they work? and did they hurt?..

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.