2 cysts in the same ovary!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. 

I've been in pain for weeks. 

I ended up having an ultrasound. 

They found 2 cysts in the same ovary. 

I'm tried, breasts become tender on & off. 

Pain like nothing I've ever felt before . 

I also, had some spotting & black/brown discharg. 

Has anyone else had 2 cysts IN the same ovary? 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I have one cyst which is painful.  I don't know how you are able to keep going with two cysts.  I had an ulrasound and was prescribed Ponstan and Cyklokparon which does help.  I'm reallt surprised that your G.P. hasn't prescribed anything for you.  I'm having a D&C in August.  I hope that I was of some help.  Look after yourself.

• Posted

Hi what is a D and c? 

Mine all started when I ended up in a and e, they wanted to keep me in for observation but I refused I have a daughter at home. I agreed to go for an ultrasound scan as an outpatient. I was told everything was fine. Then I had another appointment for a transvaginal ultrasound and pelvic ultrasound. At this point I thought there must be something wrong so I found my GP. I was then told that I have to cysts in one ovary. 

I haven't seen a consultant or anyone since being in a A and E i still don't have an appointment with the consultant so I'm not really sure what's happening. My GP only has a letter saying I have two cysts in one ovary.

I am now struggling to put up with the pain as no medication really seems to work plus I haven't been given any medication either. it hurts and I'm tired 

• Posted

Hi,

The cyst is on the ovary.  The gynaecologist has requested a repeat  scan in July to see if it has reduced or grown in size and that will determine the type of surgery I will have for the D&C i.e. keyhole or ordinary surgery.

• Posted

Hi,

Yes I got 4 cysts on my right ovary at the moment although fortunately for me, they aren't causing me any pain.  I am having a full hysterectomy in 10 days time as one of the cysts has a dark area on the wall of it and although my gynaecologist thinks it's benign, he can't be 100% sure until he removes it and sends it for testing.    

• Posted

hi

my cysts in my ovary are not on the outside. They are in it. so basically my ovary is creating eggs then not releasing them & there turning in to cysts. 

How long is Ur recovery for that?  What tests did you have? 

• Posted

Hi Rebecca,

i think it's a 6-12 week recovery for a full hysterectomy from what I have heard.  I went to the doctors as I started having periods every 15 months after going on the menopause and not having had any for 12 months so it needed to be investigated so my GP got me an appointment to have a scan (I had the ultrasound one and the one they put inside you and then saw the consultant the same day who did a smear test and womb biopsy (which all came back normal). I also had some blood tests at the doctors before I had the scans, one of which was a CA125 test which came out normal at 14. Had some more blood tests at hospital to make sure my kidneys were okay to undergo an MRI scan which they were so I had the MRI a few weeks later and then went back to see the gynaecologist who suggested due to my age (nearly  51) that he recommended a full hysterectomy. smile

• Posted

Hi Rebecca,

My G.P. recommended that I go to A&E which I did because the pain was excruciating, they prescribed tablets, had an ultrasound and am now booked for D&C.  In my situation I just couldn't carry on with the pain any more.  I do hope that this was of some help.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.