2 days after op

Posted , 2 users are following.

Had my surgery Wednesday for my ovarian cyst was told would tske about an hour ended up being a 2 and a half hour surgery which luckily they managed to keep my ovary smile turned out the cyst was 8cms across so bigger than expected. I was home the same day although the gas pains from the keyhole surgery at one point were unbearable I would advise anyone to have peppermint tea at the ready! Took the dressings off the 4 incisions I have today and although they look pretty nasty the pain isn't so bad all I can describe it as is like a muscle strain or like I've been majorly punched in the stomach. I was just curious although I have removed the dressings I'm slightly worried about catching my stitches etc but also aware I do need them out in the air to heal anyone have any tips what I can do? Also how long did people's gas pain last? I still get a pain in my shoulder tips every now and again any replies would be great smile 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Gas pain can come and go for about a month, but generally for only an hour or so at a time. Generally it is three or four days.

My dressings were taken off by and left off after a week. Probably only on that long as hospital left them until I was discharged.Up till then cover them when think danger could catch them, otherwise don't bother. Most literature says keep covered for three to four days.

• Posted

Thanks for replying smile well the hospital told me to havw a shower the following day and take them off which I thought was odd hence why I left it until today I do havw a large incision on my bikini line which I've had to re cover as its position makes it awkward I suppose the more air gets to it the quicker it heals how long did yours take to heal? Did you have keyhole.or.open surgery? 
    • Posted

Keyhole. One on left side about ten days, one in belly button about two weeks, one on belly (bikini line) still getting there,  but stitches had receded in about 10 days.

The advice is not to bath as would get scars too wet, hence longer healing time for one in belly button as damp. Reason belly one taking so long is due to complications.

I am diabetic so heal slower than most. The average is a week to ten days, but depends on the person as some heal faster than others.

• Posted

Advice is if dissolvable stitches and still prominent after 10days see GP. Same if become tight or painful whatever the sort. (Came from my own GP)
    • Posted

Forgot to mention op on 15th Sept, cuts larger than normal particularluy belly one which is two to three times normal size

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.