2 days post op

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi every one just come out of hospital after having discectomy (needed it done by emergency) is it normal to still have some numbness in your feet and legs. getting quite a few weird sensations.but thank goodness no more pain. :lol: had first full nights sleep in six months.any one out there worrying about having this op done please dont. cant believe i walked out of hospital without help the day after. hope everyone keeps well...... love louisa

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Louisa,

Welcome home!! You must be so relieved that it is all over now.

The numbness will possibly take many weeks to go as although decompressing the nerve will allow it to heal, it is a slow process. You will probably find that over the next few months you will experience all sorts of weird sensations. The important thing now is to get plenty of rest and to take things easy. It is very easy to overdo it in the early days and I think that most people post op get carried away at some time. Not being restricted by pain is a wonderful feeling but you still need to be careful. The worse thing for me was lying on the settee, bored to death of watching daytime TV and looking around at all of the chores that needed doing. Over the months before my op things had got behind and fired up with enthusiasm I thought, pain free, now would be a good time to catch up. Wrong!!!!

At least you can lie around in the sunshine, if we get any!!!

Best wishes

TFU

• Posted

Hi

Iam so pleased it all went well for you and i hope that you have a good recovery iam pleased that you posted as iam going in for my op on friday.

They might not do it as mines got a bit better but iam booked in at 7am fri so i will have to wait and see but you have made me fill a bit better thank you.

Stacey

• Posted

thank you both for taking the time to reply. you have set my mind at rest. have found that over the last day or so feeling a bit more sensation in leg although still got the weird limp sad having staples out tomorrow so should feel a bit more comfortable (hopefully) dont really know how much walking i should be doing at the moment, just so scared in case i get that HORRIBLE pain back. stacey hopefully you should have your op over with by now dont forget to take it easy wishing you a speedy recovery............ lots of love louisa :P
  • Posted

Hi Louisa

Well i guess i got of lightly i never had it done they pulled me about drew on back with marker told me i was next down then consultant came round and said that as i was alot better they were ging to leave it for now to see if it got better on its own.

I must admit iam alot better and iam still under consultant ive got to go back in 5 weeks so hopefully i will be ok.

Thanks for the reply hope you get better soon thinking of u all on here as i know how bad this is.

Stacey

• Posted

Hi Stacey,

Good news that you didn't need an op after all. You must be so pleased. What are they suggesting now as a treatment plan to continue your recovery??? Just take it easy though, better safe than sorry!!!

Best wishes

TFU

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.