2 days post op and up in the chair

Posted , 9 users are following.

I got up with support today to sit in a proper chair for just 3 or 4 mins. Tomorrow will be an hour ! Such a difference to yesterday when I thought I'd never walk again.I couldn't lift my leg much at all just enough to sit on the edge of the bed. Today is a marked improvement.so proud of myself but it will take weeks to be imde9emdant I feel.

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Well done Angela! Each day you will make improvements and in just a few short weeks youll be amazed at your progress. How is the hospital? 

Carol x

• Posted

Well done Angela.  In just a few weeks you will be feeling much better, but remember, it's not a competioton.  We are all different & we all recover differently.  Best of success to you, Ray

• Posted

So proud that everything went great for you!!! Hang in there gal!!! 

I am 3 days post op and at home!!! So happy to be at home!!!! 

Take care and good luck with recovery!!!!!

• Posted

dear angela, 

wonderful news, darling ... pretty soon you will be more independent  - will be able to goto the bathroom by yourself,  get you self dressed etc ... it will all be little and big victories - 

They made me sit in a chair for 2 hours the first time ... brutal,if you ask me ..

now remember to be gentle with yourself - one (little) step at a time ... taking your time -

when can you go home ?

you go, girl

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

No talk of going home yet as I'm only just getting in a commode. And chair for first time this lunch time.can't wait as lying down is playing havoc with my digestive system! I do feel I'm getting there but it's such a fight with myself.I'm taking everything at my own pace and the nurses are so supportive of that.

• Posted

Angela

Yes, I'm afraid the combination of not moving, hospital food and morphine based pain meds messes with your digestive system. But it will get better.

Mike

• Posted

another 24 hours have passed - 

how are you doing, darling ... I was in the hospital for 4 nights -

great that the nurses are understanding - can your bed be elevated to almost upright position?

I had no physical therapist coming on Sunday but did go out of bed and walked around anyway (with rollator) - 

you are doing great - no struggling with your self okay ?

angel blessings

renee

• Posted

Try to eat plenty of roughage. I chose very carefully from the hospital menu! All the best, Judith
  • Posted

Angela

Well done. In a week you will be doing much more.

Mike

• Posted

I'm glad you're feeling better. Sometimes those little victories are a lot of work but be proud of yourself when they come! Best wishes in your recovery, Candice

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.