2 days post op, when will I start to feel better? :(

Posted , 5 users are following.

On Friday I had laparoscopy to remove a 13cm simple cyst on my left ovary. During the operation the cyst did rupture so they had to make a few small cuts to get it out and clean inside. In total I have 4 cuts across my stomach. Other than that, the surgery went well and I am now at home.......but feeling depressed. My stomach is so bloated and such an odd shape. The pain to stand up and walk is horrible. I feel as if I've been stabbed and then forced to do 1000 sit ups. I know that all of this is normal but I just cant help but feeling a little bit down. I just want my body to go back to normal. It feels like I've been put into someone else's body. I am very grateful that the operation went okay but I just don't know how to keep myself positive

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hugs! It sounds like although the Op went well, it's left you feeling very uncomfortable and in pain and this in turn is making you feel depressed. Are you taking regular pain meds? The bloating is often due to the gas they use to inflate your tummy during the operation and this can make you uncomfortable for a little while afterwards. However, if you are taking pain relief and still feeling in lots of pain you may want to contact your GP for advice.

In terms of helping to lift your mood (and help with inflammation) taking a teaspoon of turmeric in water. Also, can you rest and watch your favourite movies/TV shows and get your favourite foods to eat. Being kind and gentle with yourself will help you recover better than trying to get back to normal too soon.

I hope you feel better soon.X

• Posted

Thanks lovely, I am taking endone and panadol which does help with the pain. The worst part is moving from laying down to standing upright, but once I'm up the pain isn't too unbearable. Yes the doctors did tell me about the gas which is really horrible sad it is causing my ribs to hurt but I was told that the more I move around the quicker the gas and bloating will go.

I will admit I am enjoying bumming around on the coach.

Thanks for your reply x

• Posted

Hey Danielle.

Don't worry yourself too much because like you say everything is normal! I had the same surgery as you but only 3 incisions. The one on my public bone is about 1 1/2 - 2 inches wide because my cyst was a dermoid cyst and they were removing my ovary along with it...

I know exactly how you feel about the pain because I had to stay in hospital 2 nights after surgery because I couldn't even get out of bed. My bf at the time had to physically roll me off the bed and catch me because I couldn't bend or sit up! It took about a week or so for my pain to ease and I was finding ways to sit on the sofa and in bed more comfortable - bum to the edge 😂 Just so I could get up by myself! Just keep up with your pain relief for the time being maybe go to your GP and ask to be put on some tramadol. I was put on this at night time for the first week I was home to help me sleep. Don't ever feel like your alone!

I felt like a burden on everyone else and then they kept shouting at me for being silly! Ask for help from your family and friends!

You need to think positive because the depression will hit you if you don't think your going to get better...! Set yourself little goals like you will walk a little while, or do some colouring in a book! You need to keep your mind off things and the worry! Just don't over do things like trying to clean or do washing up! Take it easy! Because you will heal quicker !

Personal message me if you want to chat!

Hope you feel better soon xxx

Love Stacey xxx

• Posted

Thanks hun for your reply. Yes moving around is definitely tricky, I've found some pretty wacky positions to try and help myself get up haha. I am trying to keep positive because I know in the long run I will feel much better...it's just everytime I look down at my stomach I feel like balling my eyes out.

I'm lucky to have my mum here to help me. I'm sure I things will get better soon, just feeling about sore and sorry for myself at the moment

• Posted

Awww bless you! When walking round I was hunched over And the gas pain made me constantly cry!

Just try and be positive easier said then done I know !

Take care and heal quickly ☺️ Xxxx

• Posted

Danielle, I'm 11 days out from having ovaries and tubes removed, due to suspicious complex cyst on rt ovary, ovarian cancer suspected but it was benign, thank God but I literally could not stand up straight for 4-5 days, walked all bent over, felt like I had been cut in half, hormones all over the place, I did nothing but cry, then I was in pain, I cried more. I was a mess, but finally on the 9th day, I turned the corner, it feels like forever, but you will get there. I had alot of adhesions they removed, they actually had to put mesh under the muscle to avoid hernias, so until the muscle grows around it, its pulling, tugging and pinching, now that's the issue. I hope you have friends and family who are checking on you and visiting, that's what lifted my spirits, will be anxious to hear from you in a few more days, to let us know, you too, have turned the corner, lots of hugs to you
    • Posted

Also forgot o was on percocet but it wasn't doing the trick, drs office called and reminded me that they have to cut the abdominal muscles, so a couple hrs after the percocet, take a couple advil, that helped SO much, so every few hrs you're either taking your pain meds or advil, hope this helps too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.