2 dermoid cysts on one ovary. Has anyone else experienced this

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

Just wondering if anyone else has been in the same situation as me, I have 2 dermoid cysts on my right ovary. One measuring 10cm, one measuring 4cm. When I was scanned in Feb I only had one, which was 8cm so they seem to be growing/ multiplying pretty quick in my opinion. I'm finally seeing the Gynae next week. Did anyone else have 2 on one ovary? Did you have surgery any quicker due to this? I feel really sore/uncomfortable and it seems to be getting worse as the weeks go by.

Any advice much appreciated

Megan

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Megan

I have 2 dermoid cysts on my left ovary, and due to have surgery on friday i have been waiting since last september..ive had several scans and also a biopsy taken from the lining of my womb..i was very uncomfortable with my cysts dull aches irregular bleeding bloatedness..but hopefully thus is all gonna come to an end on friday

Hope everything go's well for you xx

• Posted

Hi Debbie

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with two! I almost fainted when they told me there was another one in there. Guessing you've had your surgery now, if you don't mind me asking did they manage to keep your ovary intact? Hope everything went well for you and your on the road to a speedy recovery. Sending love xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.