2 large hemorrhagic cyst on my left ovary

Posted , 2 users are following.

3 weeks ago i left a lump on my lower abdomen and visited my family doctor. She told me it might be a fibroid again and not to worry. (I had a very large fibroid when i was pregnant with my first and disappeared after i gave birth). I was booked for an ultrasound but the earliest is Feb. 19. But doctor's visit, I couldn't really stop worrying thinking it might be something else or worst cancer and I'm still 36 and have two small kids. Barely a week after that i got my period which was very painful and experienced pelvic, lower back and thigh pain. I was peeing more as well. I though after the period my abdominal pain will go away but it didn't. So, I went to the emergency and they discovered i have two hemorrhagic cysts on mg left ovary measuring 6 cm and 4 cm. I just visited my family doctor and said that she's happy that there was no suspicion at all coz she said she usually receive report like this with suspicion. She told me they were just simple cysts with blood...no solid at all and she booked me for an ultrasound for March. She said all i can do now is take pain medication.

Just wondering if anyone has the same experience and cysts just go away. Im a person who worries and imagine the worst which is not nice...im still scared of the possibility of cancer. Thanks!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If they are just full of blood as your doctor suggests, then it's not likely they are cancerous. Most cysts aren't cancerous anyway. I wouldn't worry about it.

• Posted

Thank you for the reassurance. I have another ultrasound this April 1. Praying that the cysts are shrinking and not getting bigger.

• Posted

Even if it is growing, it's probably not cancer. Have they suggested surgery to remove it? Once they do, they perform a biopsy on it to make sure it's not cancerous.

• Posted

For now, they are just monitoring it coz the ER doctor and my doctor think it will just go away...that's why i have another ultrasound this April 1st to see if it's getting small. My doctor knows the pain its causing me and she understands but all we can do know is wait. Then if its still growing, she'll refer me to a gynecologist.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.