2 Lumps at the back of my head, Should I be worried?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am new to this website so I don't know how much detail I should provide so I will give as much information as possible.

I am a 32 year old male, 5'5", 155lbs.

Ive had two surgeries just in 2 years. My first surgery was to have my gallbladder removed. Just a little over a year later, I had my appendix removed.

A couple of months ago I thought I was having heart problems. Long story short after a couple of blood tests and a x ray on my heart, apparently I am fine. Although the reason that led me to see a doctor was because my heart would quickly stop randomly while I was sleeping that had been going on virtually every day a month prior to the hospital visit.

Fast forward to 2 days ago. I sit in my bed quite frequently to watch YT videos. I sometimes (recently stopped due to what i will describe later) lay my head against the corner of a wooden frame (the edge of the frame mind you). It was OBVIOUSLY uncomfortable after a while, so I would naturally stop. Well this idiotic move of me COULD have caused this bump on my head, where it so happened to be the location of my head i leaned on, the back JUST at the base on the left side of my skull. The bump is almost the same size as a canadian quarter (money) in diameter.

In the past two days, I don't believe it has gotten bigger.

As you can tell by my analogy of the Canadian quarter, I am indeed Canadian which yes, thankfully we have basically free health care but the wait times in Canada are insane. You can wait up to 4 to 5 hours on a good day. It also feels they don't take me seriously because im only 32 years old. HOWEVER if this doesnt go away in the next 3 days, i have no choice.

I also believe I could be a hypercondriact and i worry too much because I am the type that immediately draws my conclusions to some sort of cancer because so many articles with a google search result seem to love the word cancer...

In the past 2 days since ive noticed this, majority of that time was me panicking i might only have a few months to live thinking the end is nigh.

Then I doubled down the research and found out my issue seems to closer resemble a "bone spur" as everything in the medical article seemed to have suggested. Basically if you lean one piece of bone on something for too long, i guess something grows from the bone. I don't know what im talking about lol but the bottom line apparently it a easy solution to fix. Ice or hot pack against my head and/or anti-infammatory medication. Since i researched that, i went phew... i probably dont have cancer. Im just being paranoid.

Buuuut... i noticed yesterday that about 3 or 3 cm down from my bump at the edge of my back hairline... is another... little bump... this time it's not hard. It feels squishy a little. I cant tell if it has gotten bigger since yesterday. But it got me back to panic mode again... 😦

Question: Could it still be related to my speculation of it being part of the bone spur theory orrrr do i have it all wrong and need to see a doctor??

Final note I need to add is i smoke weed recreationally every evening until i go to bed. I noticed my breathing is a little more difficult while i stand up on weed (yes i get up slow) i feel as i am going to faint and my breathing feels limited. Apparently from what i read online, that weed can do that to some people because my breathing is almost 100% during the day but once i "blaze"... OR could this be a symptom of brain cancer as ive read??

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Did you tell your doctor that your smoke weed in the evenings? That could be the reason for your "heart problems" in the night.

As to the bone problem, bear in mind nobody on here can see your head/skull or the 2 lumps you mention.

The larger harder lump sounds totally normal. It could be a bone spurr or it could be the normal bony lump on our skulls that neck muscles and tendons are attached to. Most of us have some sort of lumpy feel to our skulls, and they are often found when we rest our heads against something hard. The second lump ,as its soft , could be a cyst or a fatty lump.

Stop thinking about brain cancer.If you feel unwell then certainly see a doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.