2 lumps in 2 weeks

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all. I'm 17 y/o female and recently posted an anxious question to which I had no response. 

Anyway, since that, I had been told it was an abscess and got given 500mg amoxicillin 4 times a day for a week. During the course I had throbbing pain down my arm. I finished the course an the lump was still there but tiny. A week on, I found anothr lump on my other armpit.Just as painful, just as big.Beneath that now, theres a big red lump; you could notice it from the other side of the room. I didnt have this with my first lump. Anyway, I sometimes get throbbing pain in my glands in my neck, sometimes they're so severe I can't talk. I occasionally get them on ym armpit lympth nodes. Any ideas whats going on? I just feel like I'm always under the weather (sickness, aches, pains, dry eyes, tiredness, nausea (i sometimes feel like i'm sick with the bug), random swollen glands, cold-like symptoms which then disappear after like 10 mins, feeling like my throat is swollen shut, nerve pains and the list goes on). I have a variety of symptoms and not sure if they link up to  1 condition or not (i wrote a thread about this but no response) but I do have GERD/B9/B12 deficiencies/AFIB/Tachycardia/Costocondritis and the list goes on. 

Thanks for reading, pls help

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I am so sorry about all your medical conditions and at such a young age too. Sorry you didn't receive any replies on your original post. First I would suggest you talk to your parents about your lump you feel, next step I would go see a doctor. Most often when lumps/lymph nodes are felt it's likely infection or a benign cause. Many things like a common cold, inflammation, epstein barr virus (which causes mono) , tuberculosis, toxoplasmosis, cat scratch, and plenty of other things will cause enlarged lymph nodes. Once a person gets Epstein Barr it will always be in thier body laying doormat and can reactivate it's self. Mention a few of these to your doctor they should be able to test you for them. If the lymph node lasts for some time they may be able to order an ultrasound for you. I hope I helped ease your worry some. I know it's hard not to worry. Keep following up with your Dr and tell him all your symptoms and show him the red spot along with the lymph node. I hope you the best of luck.

• Posted

Hello thank you for your lovely reply. Yeah I've had mono before so could be that. I've told the doctors and my parents but the doctors are just too busy and overworked to properly investigate sadly, that's why I seek help on here.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.