2 months after total knee replacement.

Posted , 5 users are following.

its just coming to 2 months since my knee op. Everything is going fine. No real pain and i am managing a knee flex to the limit of the joint which is good. I have still not managed to fully straighten it yet as from before the op but only 5 degrees and i am assured i will get there. I have noticed over the last week during walking or exercising a clicking sound coming from my knee. There is no pain with it and seeing as i have another 2 weeks until my next physio appointment if anyone else has experienced the same. I am only slightly concerned with it but enough to query it.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Good afternoon Brian , seems to me you are doing extremely well - I think we all perhaps get a little impatient on the recovery process!

I'm 4 months post op from full knee replacement and have only recently been able to walk downstairs normally instead of one step at a time , was becoming to think I would not do stairs normally again ! I will add I too get some clicking sound, like you , no pain , but it is getting less frequent.

Wishing you a speedy recovery, although it does take time x

• Posted

Hello Brian,

I'm just over the 12 week mark and also have some steady clicking...usually a double click every time my knee goes forward. It really doesn't cause too much pain and I've been told it should get at lease somewhat better. Other than that, I'm bending to about 125 degrees and it's straightening out pretty good. I can walk upstairs pretty good and downstairs sometimes, depending on how much I've done during the day. 😃 Sounds like you're right on schedule!

Kelvin

• Posted

The clicking is normal. I am thirteen months after bilateral TKR and suddenly had a loud popping noise from my right knee. Happened a few times and then stopped. Seems all these strange sounds are all part of the long journey to recovery.

• Posted

I am 18 months TKR and get a clicking noise at times

mine is more noticeable when I come down the stairs.

I was told this is normal when the knee is swollen the joint is tighter.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.