2 months on HRT patches and already dress size bigger!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I am new to this, but went to Drs this morning as I have been on Evorel Conti patches for only 2 months and I have already gone up a dress size! I started the menopause at 47 and I am 51 now and still have the mirena coil in place.  My moods have levelled out and dryness below has gone now, but this weight is really making me depressed (which I have suffered in the past with) along with massive, tender boobs. The Dr. said just stop using the patches and no need to wean.  I have read other peoples notices and am so confused.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I started evorel conti patches 6 months ago and I have also gained weight,7lb, mostly around my middle and breasts. I've had to get my larger jeans out of the cupboard! The breast tenderness I experienced at first has now gone. But because I feel so much better since starting the hrt I feel the weight gain is a small price to pay. I've been saying to myself for ages I should cut back on fattening foods and start exercising/walking more so today is the day! The sun is shining and forecast is good for the weekend so let's get out and enjoy it.

Don't give up x

• Posted

You've made me feel so much better maisie05 lol. I started evorel conti today and have seen a lot of reviews on social media about weight gain. I decided today that I was going to drastically cut down on the sugar and walk more. I wasn't sure it would help (I thought the weight gain would start whether I cut down on sugar or not).

Here's to no more hot flushes, more excercise and a better sex drive haha xx

• Posted

Good luck with the patches, keep in touch. I've walked 5 mile today!

• Posted

maisie.  you are on conti evorel patches.  is that because you are post meno?  i was given evorel 50 for first two weeks and then evorel conti for second 2 weeks.  wondering if I should just have the conti instead
    • Posted

Hi metamorphed. When I asked the doctor for hrt last August she more or less gave me a list to choose from! She said as I was 57 I must be near menopause and therefore it was ok to have the continuous combined hrt. I had missed 3 periods in the summer. Since starting the patches I have had periods roughly six weeks apart and spotting. So I am thinking it maybe the wrong one for me. I'm still waiting results of a hysteroscopy and waiting for an appointment at gynaecology to discuss the way forward. Me and you have discussed the mirena coil haven't we? The scan showed a small cyst on my ovary and I've now got to have an mri. I'm getting fed up with all the messing about. But I have to say I have felt much better on the hrt health wise and mentally.

• Posted

hi maisie.  Yes, it is a lot of messing about.  I am waiting for the mirena (they want to do it during period, but I have not had one, so left to suffer on in the meantime!!,  will they ever get it??  I need help NOW, don't want to wait).  so that is why I was considering just using the patches.  Now that you say it, I think maybe the oestrogen for two weeks and then the combined prog and oestrogen for the next two weeks is what we both need?  Did you start feeling well on HRT fairly quickly?

• Posted

Yes the waiting is so frustrating. I'm pretty sure I could say I felt better within 2 or 3 weeks. . I was offered the mirena 2 years ago to reduce heavy periods  but refused it after reading of others experiencing spotting, but as that is what is happening to me now I may as well have tried it! 

It's hard to know what to do for the best. 

• Posted

Thanks hun. Im actually on the tablets. I feel like ive got more energy smile

I did over 7000 steps yesterday and hoping to do the same today. Onwards & upwards hunni xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.