Skip to content
Ad

HRT - Hormone Replacement Therapy

Also known as Hormone Replacement Therapy

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Sudden anxiety attacks

Hello For years I have suffered with PMS.  I didn’t suffer from heavy periods but I did have horrendous mood swings.  Eighteen months ago I made the decision to see a Gynaecologist to decide whether a hysterectomy was going to be beneficial.  The treatment started by me having an implant...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Sudden anxiety attacks

Hello For years I have suffered with PMS.  I didn’t suffer from heavy periods but I did have horrendous mood swings.  Eighteen months ago I made the decision to see a Gynaecologist to decide whether a hysterectomy was going to be beneficial.  The treatment started by me having an implant...

Posted
  • Pcos and POF and menapause at 30

Hi lady's I'm looking for help deciding if I should go on hrt as there are for n against but the info I'm finding is for women 45-60 in worried if I use the HRT it will effect my PCOS  and make the cysts grow bigger my remaing ovary is failing and 2 months back had 7 cysts in n on it...

Last reply
  • Newbie to HRT and website

Just started Femoston 1/10 am on 4 week, was great first 3 weeks now feeling little low & anxious, is this normal? Can some body advise are patches safer than tablets? I am age 50 1/2 peri.

Last reply
  • Femoston 1/10 - still not sleeping great

Hi ladies, One of the reasons I started taking hrt was to help with my insomnia.  Although I do feel better on hrt,  no more night sweats and anxious feelings... I still don’t sleep that great - I’m still waking several times during the night for no particular reason - and just feel drained...

Last reply
  • Forced off HRT at 60?

I've been on HRT, very happily, since my menopause at 45 (I'm now 67).  My doctor is really pressing me now to come off it.  Personally, I believe in 'if it ain't broke, why fix it?'.   I am (as far as I know!) in very good health:  I walk for over an hour...

Last reply
  • Stopped Evorel Conti

Hi, I stopped Evorel Conti last  October as I was spotting/bleeding very few weeks and it was driving me nuts! I wanted to see how I would do without it and so far no spotting/bleeding... but I am experiencing vaginal dryness and burning which is unpleasant and also the flushing has come back to...

Last reply
  • Weight gain with Evorel 50 patches anyone?

I've been on Evorel 50 patches for about a year now and I've gained about a stone in weight! I know this doesn't seem a lot compared to some women but I'm generally very healthy and exercise about 3/4 times a week and usually manage to lose weight quite reasonably! But now I really struggle...

Last reply
  • Is it ok to take multi vitamins along with hrt? Any advice please

Hi ladies, wondering about taking multi vitamins along with your hrt?, thinking particulary about B6. I read its meant to help with mood?, tho the bottle says helps regulate hormonal activity - would this work againat whatever your patches are trying to do? Hope ive explained ok? Any advice would be...

Last reply
  • Estrogel and depression

Good evening Ladies - hope you have all had lovely weekends! To cut a very long story short have had the most difficult perimenopause and have shared many of the symptoms described by some lovely ladies here.  I have given in (again) and have agreed to a therapeutic dose of bio-identical HRT - Estrogel....

Last reply
  • Addition info

To.go with my other post what's weird is I only taking prog and testosterone not estrogen...anyone else been on this kinda plan after2 hyster or partial hystr

Last reply
  • Hormone Replacement Therapy - Pellets

I recently had testosterone and estrogen pellets put in as well as an oral progesterone pill. Just wanting to get positive and/or negative feedback on this type of HRT. It's only been 3 days and I'm experiencing a lot of body/muscle aches and not sure if it's related or not. I feel like I've...

Last reply
  • Yes it's tough

I found it tough on hrt my hormones are all over place I've got frozen shoulder through menopause as anyone else had this going for bit physio wed

Last reply
  • HRT life is good again.....

Hi ladies I just wanted to share some Positive feedback. I know HRT is not a Solution for everyone but it seems to be Working for me after 4 years of misery Wasted years now that I look back. I have lots of energy, I could barely make it out of bed before, the depression has gone and the terrible...

Last reply
  • Partial hyster and now one hrt?

Anyone else had to be put on hrt after partial hyster and if so what and did it help ? Been on m8nr 8 months and still don't know if they are what I need since still have anxiety and other symptoms I had before taking..also how can the Dr know I am low on something when I don't have a cycle...

Posted
  • HRT (weight gain & bloating)

Is anyone suffering the same, I have recently had my ovearies and tubes removed, because of severe hot sweats etc my doctor perscribed hrt (Elleste Duet). I have gained nearly 2 stone in 3 months and my stomach is constantly bloated, which causes me to feel depressed. Does anyone on this tablet on any...

Last reply
  • Best HRT for low side effects? Allergic to Patches

Hi everyone  I am so allergic to patches they give me raised red itchy lumps and even after removal I am covered in bruises!  I would love your opinions especially positive experiences with HRT hopefully without side effects.  My GP seems clueless on HRT so it is left to me to do my research...

Last reply
  • HRT for anxiety

Hi, I've just been prescribed Evorel Sequi patches as blood test show am in or through menopause (age 55). Had a complete crash in July after working non stop for ages and have been off work with depression since the summer. On anti depressant and now not feeling depressed but huge anxiety and very...

Last reply
  • HRT and hyperpigmentation

Just had some cosmetic surgery round my eyes that should have healed in 2 weeks but I have brown hyperpigmentation which is impossible to cover. My Dr thinks it’s triggered by the bio identical estrogen I’m taking and that it will take weeks to resolve. I wasn’t asked about any hormones before the treatment...

Last reply
  • Hrt query

Hi. I have just joined the forum and need some advice please. I am 52 and have been on eleste solo for 12 months. All was going fine then i found out through a friend that i shouldnt be on an oestrogen only hrt as i havnt had a hysterectomy. Went to see the doc and he agreed then written another script...

Last reply
  • Just started femeston....still not sure.

Just started femeston after much deliberation . Still worried about taking hrt as I’ve heard so many scare stories. I’m 51 and doctor is quite happy for me to take it but still feel a bit apprehensive .

Last reply
  • Tablets or patches?

Hi there, I have been taking elleste 1mg combi for approx 3 months now and although I think I'm feeling a bit better there has been no significant improvement in my low moods. I have been researching and it seems that I may need a higher dose of oestrogen and many of the articles I've read have...

Last reply
  • Sleepless Nights

I had an estradiol prescription to refill and was told I had to take a lower dose . Dr. Would not refill my dose I felt great on due to my age. She reduced it by 25% and after a month I have been exhausted due to waking up in the middle of the night. What can I do to? Refuse to take sleeping pills or...

Last reply
  • I think I feel a bit better

Hi, I know that my menapause symptems have been normal, extreme fatigue, crying all the time ,being nasty to my husband who trys to understand but then he gets irritated trying to put up with me, I know I have been extremely difficult to live with, but I can't help it as much as I try. I went to...

Last reply
  • Ovestin cream and weight gain

Hello. I had a prolapse operation last November and was prescribed Ovestin cream to be used for 2 weeks before surgery.This year I was prescribed it again as I wasn't healing as well as I should have done and was having problems resuming my sex life. After a visit to the gynaecologist in August he...

Last reply
  • Early bleeding on Femoston 1/10

Hi Ladies, This is my 3rd month of Femoston 1/10 and I have been feeling much better. However, my period has started on day 5 of the progesterone, previously it started towards the end of the two weeks of Progesterone... is this ok? Thanks in advance! N

Last reply
  • HRT PATCHES MY GP HAS TAKEN ME OFF THEM AFTER 5 MONTHS

Morning one and all and a Merry Christmas to you all. I have been on HRT patches Evorel Conti for 5 months doing well no more hot sweats which I have had for 10 years. I went to see my GP this week and told her that for the last 5 weeks i have been bleeding on and off. My GP has told me to stop...

Last reply
  • Why you should refuse to take Premarin

Do you know what Premarin is and how it is made? It is extracted from pregnant horse urine. The pregnant mares are kept in cramped appalling conditions, chained in a stall that restricts movement, given minimal water so that their urine is concentrated. They have to be pregnant, so they are kept continually...

Last reply
  • Thinking of stopping my HRT

Hi. I am new to this site. I am 38yrs old. Been on HRT premarin 0.625 for 7 years now as i had a complete hysterectomy. Apart from the weight gain i have in the past 2 years started seeing my skin around my chin and neck turn into a grayish colour and looks darker than the rest of my face. I have spent...

Last reply
  • Duavee side effect - lumps on arm, knee, ankle, forehead

I took Duavee for thirteen days beginning on May 23. On June 4th (a Sunday) my forehead was hurting slightly so I held the cup of warm green tea I was drinking on my forehead. Later that day I was using a magnifying mirror to pluck my eyebrows and saw a mark on my right eye that looked like a “water...

Last reply
  • HRT Pellet

I just had the pellet inserted a month ago and was very happy until I started bleeding. I think it’s the progesterone that is causing this but I’m not sure. Is any one familiar with the pellet and it’s side effects while taking progesterone?

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.