Skip to content

HRT - Hormone Replacement Therapy

Also known as Hormone Replacement Therapy

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Hrt for life?

Hi Ladies! The more I read about meno and the long term consequences for our health due to the lack of estrogen the more I believe that we cannot survive without our hormones. I am on hrt and recently I was told that it’s up to me for how long I will use them. I am convinced that there is no an easy...

Last reply
  • Worrying week!

Hi just really need some reassurance from you lovely lady's I have been on here before with HRT questions and insomnia questions. This week so far has been a very anxious time I had a smear test done 11 days ago which came back as a high grade severe pre- cancerous cell change today I have had a...

Last reply
  • Forced off HRT at 60?

I've been on HRT, very happily, since my menopause at 45 (I'm now 67).  My doctor is really pressing me now to come off it.  Personally, I believe in 'if it ain't broke, why fix it?'.   I am (as far as I know!) in very good health:  I walk for over an hour...

Last reply
  • Darned if I do and darned if I don't... dang hormones

I am wondering if I am the only weird one out there. So I just found out from my doctor about my last uterine scan that while my uterine lining isn't thick my small uterine fibroid tumor has doubled in size. It was stable in the last scan I had years ago. I do not do well with progesterone and have...

Posted
  • HRT (weight gain & bloating)

Is anyone suffering the same, I have recently had my ovearies and tubes removed, because of severe hot sweats etc my doctor perscribed hrt (Elleste Duet). I have gained nearly 2 stone in 3 months and my stomach is constantly bloated, which causes me to feel depressed. Does anyone on this tablet on any...

Last reply
  • Femoston - how long does it take for your body to settle down

Diagnosed as peri-meno back in November and started on Femoston 2mg.  Its really helped with the flushes, anxiety and I am sleeping way better.  However experiencing random bleeding, bloating and swollen boobs.  Think Im PMT now as back aching like crazy and period pains - but hard to...

Last reply
  • Oestrogen only HRT

HI,   I’m considering starting in oestrogen only HRT and would like to hear from others who are using it.  My doctor has told me about the increased risk of breast cancer, however when I had my hysterectomy a few years ago, my gyro told me that the oestrogen only treatment had no increased...

Last reply
  • 2 years without period

Hi you lovely people I am 52 and have not had a period for almost 2’years. I am occasionally experiencing  the cramps and low backache as if your period is coming and going to start but doesn’t.  It normally only last few days and only happens once in a blue moon.  I was wondering...

Last reply
  • Coming off HRT

Hi 👋 I am 60. Have been on HRT since I was 50. Have tried to wean myself off a few times but with no success due to symptoms returning full on. Had a few bleeds in the last year so after the last one decided to go off it for good. Six weeks in and I'm going mad. Massive joint pains, ...

Last reply
  • Pellets

Has any one been on a certain brand of pellets & then dr changed to new brand of pellets & had problems dealing with the new ones.  My dr changed brands with out telling me & shortly after I started having horrible symptoms I never had before  Went to many dr,s & tons of blood...

Posted
  • Elleste solo 1mg, no sex drive whatsoever!

hi all sorry for intimate detail here but I’m a 47 year old woman, I had a partial abdominal hysterectomy at 39 and subsequently went through an early menopause a few years later. My GP prescribed Ellleste Solo 1mg to help the inevitable mood swings, hot flushes etc. I can’t honestly say they’re helping...

Last reply
  • Yasmin to treat Peri Menopause ??

is anyone using Yasmin contraceptive pill to treat their Perimenopause? I have been on Femoston but the PMT symptoms are awful in the progestorone portion of the pack so looking for alternatives.  Im 44 years old. Thanks

Last reply
  • Weight gain with Evorel 50 patches anyone?

I've been on Evorel 50 patches for about a year now and I've gained about a stone in weight! I know this doesn't seem a lot compared to some women but I'm generally very healthy and exercise about 3/4 times a week and usually manage to lose weight quite reasonably! But now I really struggle...

Last reply
  • New to Hrt Patches

Hi I'm looking for some advice, I've been using Everol Sequi Patches for 6 weeks now and apart from the general side effects, I have been suffering from major digestive issues, heartburn, indigestion, reflux and a cough related to  the reflux.  The doctor gave me to take lansoprosole...

Posted
  • Premique

Thanks for updates ladies.  I have been taking low dose since discontinuation of the higher dose.  I was told by boots two weeks ago low dose would back in stock on 16 Feb.  When I rang to check they said it will be 23 Feb.  I am taking the tablets every other day to make them last...

Last reply
  • HRT How long before symptoms go?

Hi I have been on estalis continuous (50/250) for 24 days now. I am in the pre Men stage. My hormones actually were in the normal range but I convinced doc to let my try HRT due to chronic reflux. From researching I have read that there is probably a link between Pre Men and Men and digestive issues! ...

Last reply
  • I'm so upset and feel let down with my treatment

Hi, I've recently posted about early menopause at 40 and my last few years of hormone hell (all the symptoms of anxiety, hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, crying, racing heart, etc) and I was so excited to finally be validated with hormone tests that showed my estrogen levels to be extremely low...

Last reply
  • HRT and cellulite?

Hello - I am currently on Estrodial 1 mg with Progesterone taken for 12 days of the month. I have noticed more cellulite but not really sure if it wasn't there all along or just getting worse due to low estrogen levels and thinning skin due to reduced collagen integrity that is a normal part of...

Last reply
  • Just started my HRT today what should I expect?

I have just started vagifem and femoston today. I asked GP if I would have a period with these and he said to  me that it would only be for first couple of times, who has found this. ? Anyone else on these , I have read both leaflets but would like to hear someone further down the line than I am.

Last reply
  • HRT - Some truths and what worked for me

Hi. I started menopause a couple of years ago and have been on HRT patches for several months now. It was really a lot of trial and error for me, because there are some things the doctor doesn’t let you know. Everyone is different, what works for some doesn’t work for others, but I’ll tell you what worked...

Last reply
  • Breast Cysts that continuously hurt

Dear ladies, I recently had a mammogram & ultrasound (as doc found a lump) and was told I have several benign cysts - phew!!! Probably caused by HRT, too much Estrogeon can possibly cause this.  Does anyone else suffer with these cysts? My question is....do your breasts feel sore all of the...

Last reply
  • Hi Bioidentical hormone therapy

Hi there, I'm 43 years old and I have diagnosed with perimenopause. I have all the symptoms and also I lose will to do anything. My life is hard at the moment and I'm very debusolated regarding rht. My question is that anyone tried the bioidenthical hormones therapy .?Dose have the same efects...

Last reply
  • Suggestions please

I'm 43 perimenopausal. Been on HRT since Aug. Currently on Femoston 2/10. While most things are so much better I'm still having extreme tiredness especially when on the progesterone phase of the tablets. I feel great the rest of the time. Do you lovely ladies have any suggestions to help? ...

Last reply
  • BHRT

Hi everyone, can somebody help me with good Dr specialized in Bioidentical hormone Replacement. I'm living in London but can be also near by London .thank you

Last reply
  • Progesterone cream?

I have been on evorel 50 patches since my total hysterectomy 3 years ago. I have started to get a few hot flushes and wonder if the hrt has lost its effect on me. I also have put weight on my hips and waist. My libido is an absolute zero! And I have been getting headaches daily (have been told it could...

Last reply
  • Coming off Tibolone

Goodmorning, Im trying to come of HRT as have been on it for about 6 years and now down to 4 tablets a week. Iam having some pains in my stomach, almost similar to mild period pains.  Also at times some diarrhoea.  My stomach just doesn’t feel right.   Anyone else have similar symptoms...

Last reply
  • Menopause

good evening ladies. Has anyone been on evorel conti 75 and if so did you suffer any side effects. 

Posted
  • Itchy inflamed skin- estrogen dominance?

I started with itchy skin around my eyes about 10 weeks ago and this has now spread to all of my T zone and scalp. I have watery eyes and blurred vision and am really tired. My skin has become inflamed and I’m losing parts of my inner eyebrows. Blood tests have largely been normal but as I’m on HRT Estrogen...

Last reply
  • Hello I have just started HRT

I have terrible night and day hot flushes so have decided to go on HRT  Elleste Duet 1mg. 3 days so far and slight decrease in flushes. Hope to update later as I progress on these. Anyone else no how long before they stop the hot flushes 

Last reply
  • NEWBIE - desperate for HRT advice

I am 42,  on prostap 3 injections, and now started evorel conti HRT patches but horrendous joint pain. It’s only been 2wks. Doc told me to up the dose to changing patch every other day. I’m in so much pain. Advice please please x 

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.