Skip to content

HRT - Hormone Replacement Therapy

Also known as Hormone Replacement Therapy

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Menopause

So very hard.... I’ve hit a wall.... been so jolly happy upbeat my whole life .. now I wake up crying... no appetite lost weight... just the dread sadness gloom is kicking my ass... it’s horrible... I try so hard.. go to gym try to keep upbeat somewhat... Dr put me in Paxil 10 mg.. I just tossed those...

Last reply
  • Estrogel and depression

Good evening Ladies - hope you have all had lovely weekends! To cut a very long story short have had the most difficult perimenopause and have shared many of the symptoms described by some lovely ladies here.  I have given in (again) and have agreed to a therapeutic dose of bio-identical HRT - Estrogel....

Last reply
  • Testosterone added! 😁

Hi ladies! I had a sub-cervical hysterectomy and one ovary removed 15 years ago. Started on .o5 Viville Dot patch (estradiol) almost 4 years ago. Work great, but several months ago up started having hot flashes and found out I had reached menopause. So my patch was bumped up to .1 and added Vagifem tablet....

Last reply
  • Two weeks on her and I want to change

Ok I realize two weeks isn't a fair trial but I don't like the way I feel. Is it suppose to be worse before it gets better? I take .625 of premarin in the morning and 100 mg of progesterone at night. I really don't think I need progesterone I don't have my uterus but Dr gave it to me...

Last reply
  • Help Interpret Please. 21 YR in the Military

Hello everyone, after nervously waiting for a couple weeks to get my blood work in I’ve finally got it! However, I won’t be speaking with my doctor until sometime in August, so I am hoping I can get some thoughts, and opinions here on the forum to help me interpret this. I got a decent amount of blood...

Last reply
  • Menopause Clinics

Hi All i live in the South East of England  i had full hysterectomy when I was 45 was given Estradern MX50 patches which suit me fine no side effects. Two years ago when I was 68the doctor refused to prescribe any more saying I had been on HRT far too long I have since suffered most of the symptoms...

Last reply
  • Estrogel

I started taking 2 pumps of Estrogel and a progesterone tablet 11 days ago. I am feeling so tired, is this normal? My main symptoms are loss of life’s joys and lack of motivation, low libido as well as mild flushes. I just want to get back to my usual energetic self & I can’t be bothered with anything...

Last reply
  • Forced off HRT at 60?

I've been on HRT, very happily, since my menopause at 45 (I'm now 67).  My doctor is really pressing me now to come off it.  Personally, I believe in 'if it ain't broke, why fix it?'.   I am (as far as I know!) in very good health:  I walk for over an hour...

Last reply
  • Hi Bioidentical hormone therapy

Hi there, I'm 43 years old and I have diagnosed with perimenopause. I have all the symptoms and also I lose will to do anything. My life is hard at the moment and I'm very debusolated regarding rht. My question is that anyone tried the bioidenthical hormones therapy .?Dose have the same efects...

Last reply
  • Advice needed 😩

I’m 47 and had a hysterectomy 7 years ago.....it’s taken this long for my doctor to agree to HRT ive previously been prescribed antidepressants to counteract the effects of menopause but can deal with the insomnia it causes.  I have been prescribed Elleste solos MX 40 patches, when the lady cave...

Last reply
  • Elleste duet

Ive just started on HRT and been given the above. Anybody on these and having side affects?

Last reply
  • HRT advice

I am 55. Started menopause around 54. The worst thing is the mood swings low mood and anxiety  I am considering HRT.  I have controlled high blood pressure.  I believe there are many different types of HRT  I have the obvious concerns over the increased risk re breast cancer ...

Last reply
  • Advice

does anyone know the best way of cutting tibilone 2.5mgs in half without losing half to powder. have tried pull cutters from leading chemists without any luck.

Posted
  • Desperate for sleep

Last week I was started on .625 Premarin and 100mg of progesterone. I had a full hysterectomy in 2012 and was on hormones for 2 years and took myself off I regret it because now I have been suffering from insomnia for 3 months. I am 45 years old so I guess I'm going through menopause which I didn't...

Last reply
  • HRT life is good again.....

Hi ladies I just wanted to share some Positive feedback. I know HRT is not a Solution for everyone but it seems to be Working for me after 4 years of misery Wasted years now that I look back. I have lots of energy, I could barely make it out of bed before, the depression has gone and the terrible...

Last reply
  • Bleeding while on Evorel conti for HRT & weight gain.

Hi All, Ive been on evorel patches now for about 7 months. I was ok for 1st 2 months but for the last 5 have had a “period” every 2 months!! 😩  until then I hadn’t had a period for near enough 2 years!! My night sweats have pretty much stopped and I don’t get the aches & pains in my...

Last reply
  • Please Help! Struggling with anxiety, crying and depression.

Hi i had happily been on Evorel Conti patches for 11 months when in january 17 i was hit with terrible anxiety and crying, mood swings, low mood, night sweats, hot flushes back. My doctor did try me on a couple of different hrt's but they didnt make any difference (have since been told i didnt stay...

Last reply
  • Hrt for life?

Hi Ladies! The more I read about meno and the long term consequences for our health due to the lack of estrogen the more I believe that we cannot survive without our hormones. I am on hrt and recently I was told that it’s up to me for how long I will use them. I am convinced that there is no an easy...

Last reply
  • 29 Years Old - Hormonal Imbalance for Years?

Hi, I've posted on other forums before as I'm trying to navigate my symptoms to determine what is going on with me. I will try to keep this as short as possible. I have been having many, many symptoms since I was about 22 / 23 years old (29 years old currently). My symptoms include: - weight...

Last reply
  • 2 weeks and tinnitus is extreme

I would like to become a actieve member of this group! Just started 2 weeks ago with 1/2 patch estradiol and Progesterone pills because of extreme postmenopause symptoms: Anxiety, Burning skin, insomnia, Weakness, low mood, unable to handle stress etc. etc.etc. My levels are extreme low (also no testosterone)....

Posted
  • Evorel Conti making me bleed.

Hi there, i am 53, have been on Evorel Conti for a year now, although they help with the flushes, sleepless nights and restless legs they are causing me to bleed. At first it was once a month, but now it is every 2 weeks although not heavy. GP referred me to have a scan etc to check the thickness of...

Last reply
  • New to Hrt Patches

Hi I'm looking for some advice, I've been using Everol Sequi Patches for 6 weeks now and apart from the general side effects, I have been suffering from major digestive issues, heartburn, indigestion, reflux and a cough related to  the reflux.  The doctor gave me to take lansoprosole...

Last reply
  • Femoston Conti after Uterine Ablation

Good Evening Ladies, I am hoping that someone can give me some advice as I am getting really fed up with how I am feeling. A little bit of history, I am 48 and 2 years ago I was diagnosed as peri-menopausal. I had constant bleeding, with maybe 5 days off a month if I was lucky, I suffered with this...

Last reply
  • Is hrt the best thing for treating my peri menopause?

I'm 48,still having periods (although changing) and no hot flushes yet, but I'm constantly anxious, get lots of headaches, extremely irritable and can't concentrate. My doctor said earlier that she would prescription hrt, but wanted me to look it up first. Please help xxx

Last reply
  • Fem seven conti

Anyone had bleeding while on these, I've been on them nearly a year and suddenly have bleeding, i do sometimes forget to change patch on time and still have flushes on them although not as bad as before

Last reply
  • Evorel patches

So after 10 years of menopause symptoms I took the plunge & was prescribed tibolone - after 6 weeks nothing had improved !  So I’ve now been prescribed Evorel sequi patches ! I’m on day 5 and still sweating ! Anyone know how long it takes to kick in ??  Today I have a very upset stomach...

Posted
  • Coming off HRT

Hi 👋 I am 60. Have been on HRT since I was 50. Have tried to wean myself off a few times but with no success due to symptoms returning full on. Had a few bleeds in the last year so after the last one decided to go off it for good. Six weeks in and I'm going mad. Massive joint pains, ...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.