Skip to content
Ad

HRT - Hormone Replacement Therapy

Also known as Hormone Replacement Therapy

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Duavee side effect - lumps on arm, knee, ankle, forehead

I took Duavee for thirteen days beginning on May 23. On June 4th (a Sunday) my forehead was hurting slightly so I held the cup of warm green tea I was drinking on my forehead. Later that day I was using a magnifying mirror to pluck my eyebrows and saw a mark on my right eye that looked like a “water...

Last reply
  • Sage

Hi some friends have been taking sage instead of hrt and say once in your system it really works with hot flashes etc and also black gohosh is meant to be good gonna try both again as don't like the weight gain patches are giving out ? 

Last reply
  • Weight gain with Evorel 50 patches anyone?

I've been on Evorel 50 patches for about a year now and I've gained about a stone in weight! I know this doesn't seem a lot compared to some women but I'm generally very healthy and exercise about 3/4 times a week and usually manage to lose weight quite reasonably! But now I really struggle...

Last reply
  • Depressed on Everol 100

Im 6 weeks PO TLH im sge 35 so put on Everol 100 2 weeks after op, 1st week i was fine and it worked wonders for the hot flushes.. Then week 2 i started crying for no reason, then started with major headaches snd dizziness.  Im starting to feel depressed now at the thought of being like this forever...

Last reply
  • Hi Lyn

My Doc also prescribed antidepressants to be taken also but both patches and tablets have the same side effects so not sure this is a good thing to do ? If anyone else is taking both let me know  Kazza

Last reply
  • HRT evorel conti

Hi ladies just joined site read your posts and they really help started patches 2 months ago sleeping better which is great but weight gain has arrived and not good around the belly and boobs so gonna try taking sage as well 

Last reply
  • Hrt stopped working

Hi ladies I wonder if anyone has advice.i was put on hrt about 1 year ago and over the past few weeks I feel my symptoms is coming back one by one the hrt stopped my flashes and tummy pain .But my depression is still there a little I am on citropram for 6 months but feel my mood slipping again sore...

Last reply
  • Hrt query

Hi. I have just joined the forum and need some advice please. I am 52 and have been on eleste solo for 12 months. All was going fine then i found out through a friend that i shouldnt be on an oestrogen only hrt as i havnt had a hysterectomy. Went to see the doc and he agreed then written another script...

Last reply
  • Evorel side affects

Hi all I have been on Evorel since May and in the past couple of weeks have been upgraded from the 50 to 75. But now am feeling rubbish and was wondering if anyone else had these possible side affects and what they did about them (off HRT completely, take something else etc??) :- Dizziness Fatigue Limbs...

Last reply
  • Newbie to HRT and website

Just started Femoston 1/10 am on 4 week, was great first 3 weeks now feeling little low & anxious, is this normal? Can some body advise are patches safer than tablets? I am age 50 1/2 peri.

Last reply
  • Need advice please on my Evorel Conti

I am post meno around 4yrs, have Hashimoto's, low thyroid, gut dysbiosis and Candida.  I have lots of anxiety every flippin day amongst other symptoms but unfortunately I can't tell what my symptoms relate to exactly because they are all common with the other complaints I have. I started...

Posted
  • Everol sequi bleeding

I’ve been on these patches since February. Within two weeks felt great - no more flushes and aches and pains all eased.  My periods started up again which I knew would happen. However, the last few months, the periods are heavier and I have spotting throughout. It’s becoming such a nuisance plus...

Last reply
  • No bleed with Femoston 2/10...help

I went through early menopause at 16 and have been on Kliofem for 17 years since. We are hoping to try ivf so my consultant changed me to femoston for a few months and is planning to re scan me in jan and all being well we can try ivf. My problem is she said I'd have a withdrawal bleed but I havnt...

Posted
  • How do you know what needs changing?

I'm 42, perimenopausal. Started with symptoms in December. Anxiety, low moods, the lot! Started on citalopram and been on them for 8months. Began HRT (Elleste duet 1mg) in August. Now on my 3rd cycle and just feel awful. Stressed , anxious, sad, sweaty, tired the whole lot. What is not working?...

Last reply
  • I have been on bio identical harmones for eight years

I am 71 years old. I  recently had saliva testing done and was told my estragen and progesterone was high and was told to stop using my harmony creams. After several days I began to feel just awful. My bones and muscles ache and my fingers feel like electric shocks are going threw them. I am also...

Last reply
  • HRT DAY OR NIGHT?

I'm on Estelle Duet 1mg. Does it make a difference when you take it? I'm really fatigued during the progesterone phase and wondered if I should swap to night time?

Last reply
  • Femoston vs femseven sequi

Hey is there anybody who has had a good experience changing from femseven sequi to femoston 2/10? Without MORE weight gain? Has any one just used femoston and got on great with It? I have been told it may be a better option but really don't want anymore weight gain 😔

Posted
  • HRT - Femseven Sequi - should I change?

I've been on Femseven Sequi patches for around 5-months now.  I feel a lot better in terms brain fog but my body still hurts (but different from pre patches) and my mood swings are still with me although they are shorter.  Does anyone have to same as me.... I notice at each change of patch...

Last reply
  • Hysterectomy scar

Hi I've had a hysterectomy two years ago I've noticed that the scar is still red is this normal it doesn't hurt or itch

Last reply
  • Hormone Replacement Therapy - Pellets

I recently had testosterone and estrogen pellets put in as well as an oral progesterone pill. Just wanting to get positive and/or negative feedback on this type of HRT. It's only been 3 days and I'm experiencing a lot of body/muscle aches and not sure if it's related or not. I feel like I've...

Last reply
  • Hrt

I tried hrt cream therapy 4 years ago. It made me extremely naseous and i felt like i was going crazy!  It took me quite awhile to feel normal even after stopping therapy. My dr is asking if i want to try again. Has anyone else had this experience as side effects of hrt?

Last reply
  • HRT PATCHES DO NOT STICK AT TIMES

HI  my fellow HRT patchers. I originally started off using 2 patches a week they were called  Evorel Conti, I followed the instructions for me I find they stick better to the outer part of my thigh. I went back to tell my GP they really were not sticking especially after a shower, and i do...

Last reply
  • Willl HRT help me grow?

Hiya guys i was wondering if anyone could help me, i'm transgender and seriously considering HRT i'm FTM, 20 years old, but i'm extreamly short for my age (about 5'1), and i was wondering i know HRT is like a second puberty would it give me a growth spurt? or help with my growth at all?,...

Last reply
  • Hrt

Hi i have been on hrt for about 7 years now that i am 60 doc put me on medroxyprogesta 10 mg any o e elsa had tbem would like your help thanks

Last reply
  • HRT for 15+ years

Helllo  I'm 44 years old I have premature ovarian failure  I found out at 19 that my ovaries were done  I have been on HRT since then I have osteoporosis and was on fosamax for over 10 years  I am reaching out trying to see if there's something else I could try 

Last reply
  • 42 started HRT 8days ago.

Hi I'm 42, after a rough year anxiety, sweats the lot. I started HRT Estelle Duet 1mg 8 days ago. When will I start to know it's effectiveness?

Last reply
  • bleeding after menapause

You should definetely go and see your doctor . I had bleeding and it turned out I had endiometrial cancer . This happened 4 years ago and it came back and I have had a radical hystectomy and just finished 6 sessions of chemotheraphy and about to start radiotheraphy . Never ignore bleeding

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.