Skip to content
Ad

HRT - Hormone Replacement Therapy

Also known as Hormone Replacement Therapy

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Stopping hrt patches and starting hrt tablets

Im in Australia  (ex Pat) the supply of my patch, applied twice weekly, has run out Nationally and as alternative I've been prescribed the equivalent tablet. Not sure when to start taking it as I dont want a gap. Can anyone advise please? 

Last reply
  • Has HRT (patches) helped anyone with vaginal atrophy

Hi I am using topical HRT (for vaginal atrophy - mainly urinary pressure and stinging). Went on to patches as well a couple of weeks ago which helped with mood swings but struggling with urinary pressure. Desperately seeking anyone who has been helped with this. I am using vagifem twice weekly and evorel...

Last reply
  • Hormone Replacement Therapy - Pellets

I recently had testosterone and estrogen pellets put in as well as an oral progesterone pill. Just wanting to get positive and/or negative feedback on this type of HRT. It's only been 3 days and I'm experiencing a lot of body/muscle aches and not sure if it's related or not. I feel like I've...

Last reply
  • HRT, time to stop?

i had hysterectomy with BSO 2 years ago, been on Evorel 50 patches since. I am now 52 yrs old and my gynae has told me I need to come off them now? She says I don't  need oestrogen now as I would've gone into menopause if I still had my ovaries. I really don't want to stop, I felt like...

Last reply
  • Increading dose of Evorel Conti patches

Hi I first posted re my doc telling me to wean off my patches. I am 65 and have been using evorel conti which i cut in half for around 6 years. Been on patches for 13 years. Over the last 7 weeks, after attempting to wean off very slowly, my flushes returned with a vengeance after only a few days, since...

Last reply
  • Newbie to HRT and website

Just started Femoston 1/10 am on 4 week, was great first 3 weeks now feeling little low & anxious, is this normal? Can some body advise are patches safer than tablets? I am age 50 1/2 peri.

Last reply
  • Thinking of stopping my HRT

Hi. I am new to this site. I am 38yrs old. Been on HRT premarin 0.625 for 7 years now as i had a complete hysterectomy. Apart from the weight gain i have in the past 2 years started seeing my skin around my chin and neck turn into a grayish colour and looks darker than the rest of my face. I have spent...

Last reply
  • Can HRT stop the osteoarthritis?

I am 55 three years post menopause and this year has been the worst of all, just found out I have arthritis in my spine and my joints have started to ache and cracks. I am changing my diet to healthier than ever, adding collagen hydrolized, bone broth and more. I never thought of using HRT but if it...

Last reply
  • Mag

I am 67 and have post menapausal bleeding on and off. No cancer.  My Gyno has been trying to balance my hormones with HRT patches. I'm not happy. 15 lb weight gain in 2 months, my libido is gone and my hair is falling out. I'm bitchy!  My hot flashes are gone but I still have spotting. ...

Last reply
  • Stopping Progesterone for one week out of two months

My doctor is recommending that I stop taking progesterone for one week out of every two months. I've been on estradiol patch (no longer do creams or pills) and progesterone pills for over 15 years and feel great. I'm 69 and can pass for 55 in looks and energy. I also take Nature-Throid thyroid...

Last reply
  • Just started femeston....still not sure.

Just started femeston after much deliberation . Still worried about taking hrt as I’ve heard so many scare stories. I’m 51 and doctor is quite happy for me to take it but still feel a bit apprehensive .

Last reply
  • Bleeding while on Evorel conti for HRT & weight gain.

Hi All, Ive been on evorel patches now for about 7 months. I was ok for 1st 2 months but for the last 5 have had a “period” every 2 months!! 😩  until then I hadn’t had a period for near enough 2 years!! My night sweats have pretty much stopped and I don’t get the aches & pains in my...

Last reply
  • HRT Patches taken in wrong order please help

Hi,  I have just come off tablets waited a week then began my EVORIL patches ONLY I put on EVEORIL CONTI first I didn't realise till I had put my third on  I know its very stupid of me I blame the menopause lol  should I be worried or just carry on anyone know? Thanks.

Last reply
  • MRS

I have just started taking Estradial HRT patches.  I have been so down, stressed and depressed, plus weight.  Can any one tell me if they have taken this medication and felt better?  

Last reply
  • Changes in breasts with HRT

Has anyone else experienced increased firmness in breasts on HRT? I'm not complaining but just concerned about the risks with breast cancer.  Over the years I've gone from a C to DD and much firmer breasts.  Your comments welcome.  Lyn

Last reply
  • Premarin

I just started taking Premarin 1.25... I don't really take medicine.. I have some concerns. I've heard that it makes you moody and gain weight.. I've always had a small figuire and really not trying to gain much weight..What are some other side effects I should worry about

Last reply
  • What is the lowest dosage of Femoston?

Hi Ladies,  I am really struggling to get a doctors appt and need some advice. i am still having periods, I am on Femoston 1/10 (the first two weeks Eostrogen, then second two weeks Progesterone). The Progesterone is causing heart palpitations. I think I need a lower dose, does a lower dose actually...

Last reply
  • New medication- Evorel Sequi

Hi I’ve just started on Evorel Sequi and was just wondering if anyone else has or had experience on these patches.  I’ve been on hrt for 5 years and I am 20 years old with premature ovarian failure and secondary amenorrhea.  Thanks x

Posted
  • Day 1 of HRT

I started using HRT patches last night but am worried I have not used it correctly as it has unstuck after less than 24 hours and it is meant to last a week. Help!! Thanks

Last reply
  • Femoston 1/10 Progesterone causing heart palpitations

Hello Ladies, I have completed one month, the first two weeks I took the estrogen tablets and started to feel much better, it really helped with my main problem (insomnia). However after 4 days of taking the Progesterone, I started to have heart palpitations. I took myself to A & E and they agreed...

Posted
  • Extreme bleeding for years now

Hello everyone! My name is Maggie and I'm only 15 years old which is definitely very young to be in a group like this but hang with me guys! I was diagnosed with percosious puberty when I was 4 years old, and have struggled with hormones ever since. I was on the lupron shot for years before switching...

Last reply
  • hrt just started bit now HEAVY bleed?!

Hi all. I have just started taking HRT cyclical where I have white tablets to take first then green ones. So think this means oestrogen then progesterone. However I am 8 days into starting and have had a VERY HEAVY CLOTYY FLOATING period. Periods have been on and off for last 2 years I'm 45 years...

Last reply
  • Sage

Hi some friends have been taking sage instead of hrt and say once in your system it really works with hot flashes etc and also black gohosh is meant to be good gonna try both again as don't like the weight gain patches are giving out ? 

Last reply
  • Femseven sequi 50 vs Evorel sequi 50

Hi everybody, I am 47 and earlier this year I experienced 5 weeks of the worst night sweats when I was woken up about 5 times every night. I was badly deprived of sleep and utterly miserable. I went to see my GP who ordered some blood test which confirmed that I was perimenopausal. The GP offered HRT...

Last reply
  • Hrt after coil.

Had my Marina coil removed last wk after 5yrs ,and put on hrt patches same day. however have been bleeding quite heavily for over a wk now .is this normal? I was told they were continuous patches with no bleed.. As I've not bled for 5yrs I'm not liking this at all. I know things take time to...

Last reply
  • Everol sequi bleeding

I’ve been on these patches since February. Within two weeks felt great - no more flushes and aches and pains all eased.  My periods started up again which I knew would happen. However, the last few months, the periods are heavier and I have spotting throughout. It’s becoming such a nuisance plus...

Last reply
  • No bleed with Femoston 2/10...help

I went through early menopause at 16 and have been on Kliofem for 17 years since. We are hoping to try ivf so my consultant changed me to femoston for a few months and is planning to re scan me in jan and all being well we can try ivf. My problem is she said I'd have a withdrawal bleed but I havnt...

Last reply
  • Which HRT is best?

Hi I am 53 and am 3 years post menopause .  Just recently my symptoms have got a lot worse and I have been feeling very ill.....terrible nausea, can't eat, hot and cold flushes, heart palpitations, no energy, crying.  I have had blood tests and an ECG, so GP says the symptoms are menopause...

Last reply
  • HRT

I have been prescribed evorel sequi this week by my doctor does anyone no when is the best time to start the treatment.i have regular periods and have never taken hrt before and in the leaflet it says to start on the first day of your period ..is this what I should do or can I start it straight away.....plus...

Last reply
  • Duavee side effect - lumps on arm, knee, ankle, forehead

I took Duavee for thirteen days beginning on May 23. On June 4th (a Sunday) my forehead was hurting slightly so I held the cup of warm green tea I was drinking on my forehead. Later that day I was using a magnifying mirror to pluck my eyebrows and saw a mark on my right eye that looked like a “water...

Last reply
  • Weight gain with Evorel 50 patches anyone?

I've been on Evorel 50 patches for about a year now and I've gained about a stone in weight! I know this doesn't seem a lot compared to some women but I'm generally very healthy and exercise about 3/4 times a week and usually manage to lose weight quite reasonably! But now I really struggle...

Last reply
  • Depressed on Everol 100

Im 6 weeks PO TLH im sge 35 so put on Everol 100 2 weeks after op, 1st week i was fine and it worked wonders for the hot flushes.. Then week 2 i started crying for no reason, then started with major headaches snd dizziness.  Im starting to feel depressed now at the thought of being like this forever...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.