How long doe HRT patches take to work?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi

I started using patches twice a week one week ago for symptoms of menopause; including low mood. Does anyone have experience of how long they take to work? They seemed to help straight away but then today (a fter a week) I felt low again.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hang in there, they can take a while to fully kick in, hormones are up and down. I'm sure things will improve over the next few weeks, they did with me.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply.

I am on Evorel Conti 50 g. I was so happy when I first put the patch on, they truly seemed to work straight away and I felt better than I had in ages. However yesterday I seemed to drop again. Does it work like this? Is it a bit up and down and does it stabilise?

• Posted

I'm on Evorel conti too. Yes, it works very quickly but you have to give it time for you to adjust to it and it to adjust to you.. it's early days and there will be days when you feel lower, but stick with it and eventually it will all settle down, dont give up. 

• Posted

Thank you Pat for taking the time to answer. I am in Yorkshire, where are you?
  • Posted

Hi there. Can't say I have felt 'low' as such but waking 2-3 times a night was very tiring so maybe a bit fed up. Been on Evorel patches for 6 months now and feel so much better hardly any flushes so be patient. Maybe we have to try diferent ones before we find one that suits us.

• Posted

Thanks Jean

I am already feeling lots better in terms of my mood and much more myself so hope it continues. Unfortunately I have other symptoms (vaginal atrophy) which I take topical esstrogen for (vagifem) and still got those but as my mood is better I am slightly better able to cope.

• Posted

Hi. I've also just started on the patches. H ad awful problems with hair breakage and now hair loss hoping this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.