Thinking about getting a full hysterectomy. Any advice?

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi. my name is krissy. I'll be 41 in February. back when I was 18. my periods started to get bad to where it was twice a month, I ended up having very low iron. I didn't pay much attention to it till. back in 2013 after I had my last son. I have 6 kids. I ended up going to the Dr. and she suggested having an oblation surgery. I ended up having it done. it fixed my iron. but I still have my period. not as bad. then back in 2018. I was diagnosed with endometriosis. I ended up having to have my right ovary taken out do to the fibroid. before then. it has been painful intercourse. sometimes it's ok. in 2022. I was diagnosed with hpv. so my ob. suggested a full hysterectomy. she said my left ovary don't slid Like it should. but overall everything looks good. I was just diagnosed with all this mess. I'm still undecided. does anyone else have the same problem? or know someone? any suggestions will help?. she also said I will be put on a estrogen patch after surgery..

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.