trying to find the right progesterone dosage

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am perimenopausal. Had been experiencing terrible anxiety and rage and brain fog. I have been experimenting with dosages of bio identical Progesterone with my doctor. Started off with 200mg for half the month but my withdrawal for the other half of the month was awful. Then 200 and 100 for the other half of the month. This definitely helped but i still had withdrawal including panic and shivering and faintness. Now i am on 100mg for the whole month and this is definitely the best however my symptoms are not completely gone. I still occassionally have panic at night and trouble sleeping and some although much lesser brain fog. Would anyone out there either recommend double dosing on the occasional bad nights. ie random 200mg doses on those nights. Or is there another hormone ie oestrogen or even testosterone that i should be considering in tandem? Thanks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi, I have been on HRT for 3 years not bio identical but i can tell you that it did take away alot of my symptoms but i am still experiencing some. I was told by my doctors and other sources that HRT takes a longtime to work. its like an ocean tide it will come in little waves every month i feel a bit better than i did. I hope this gives you some solace

hugs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.