The WRONG hrt! !

Posted , 15 users are following.

For 6 years I have felt dreadful...Each year getting worse, kept describing how I felt to female drs but got no joy.recently a young male gp actually LOOKED at my records and found I was prescribed estrogen only hrt and i have a womb!!!!.I am elated I now know why I've felt so I'll, has anyone else been so unfortunate? This is unbelievable, these iincompetent Dr's could kill someone.

2 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Amanda, you need to complain to your surgery or local NHS.. you must be given norethisterone if you have a womb to protect against cancer

Complain to your GP surgery 

Your feedback is important in making sure that the NHS provides the best service it can. Some problems can be dealt with on the spot if you’re comfortable raising them informally with staff.

If you’d like to complain, ask for a copy of the surgery’s complaints procedure, and use this to help you. 

Keep a record of who you speak or write to, and on what date. If you raise your complaint verbally, make sure you write down everything you discuss.

Included in your formal complaint should be the following:

What or who you’re complaining about

What happened and when

What you’d like to be done to resolve your complaint

How to contact you

The NHS Constitution says that you have a right to have your complaint properly investigated. Your complaint should be acknowledged within three working days, and you should also be told about the outcome of the investigation. 

If you’ve been harmed by negligent treatment, you have a right to compensation.

To have your complaint investigated, you usually need to complain within 12 months of the event happening, or as soon as you first become aware of the issue you want to complain about. 

The time limit can be extended in special circumstances.

• Posted

Pat! Thank you so much!.It is so wonderful to find I'mnot going Iinsane and there was ssomething VERY wrong.

I'vea ssolicitor working on it, he says I'm a solicitors dream as I have diaries!.

SIX years of just existing tho', these bloody drs need stringing up!!!.

• Posted

Hi Amanda, I've just come across your post and was wondering what the outcome was. I've just been going through the same thing and ended up having 2 surgeries (not hysterectomy) due to excessive bleeding. A new GP found that I was on the oestrogen only a few months later. I made a complaint to the hospital but they said it was my fault as I hadn't told them I was on HRT (which i did), they then said it was the GP fault as they hadn't told them. Its been a total mess, things have settled a little now but I am so angry that they tried to blame it on me so I have also instructed a solicitor on a no win no fee basis, this will mean I won't get much if any if any compensation is awarded which I am pleased about as only want them to learn from their mistakes. My present GP said that she wanted me checked yearly now for womb cancer. I hope you don't mind me asking I just wondered what happened as I am at the beginning of all this.

• Posted

Hi Sally!

I got absolutely no where at all.... could have killed me ,still may.

Absolutely disgraceful!, they had not even checked my records.

Nobody seems to give a damn anymore in any area of life. You may get further as their negligence has obviously harmed you. Hope you're better now. dont let it go and good luck.

regards Amanda.

• Posted

Thanks Amanda, I am getting there but unfortunately due to the HRT shortages there has been alot of messing around but hopefully I am getting there now

• Posted

Definitely complain amanda because when you have a womb you have to be prescribed both hormones. Take it further.
  • Posted

Hi Amanda, I hope your new HRT helps you feel better and relieves you of the symptoms that have made you feel so ill for the past six years.

If you decide to complain try not to let the stress cause you anxiety and upset your hormones. Make a decision and take strength from it. 

Good luck and take care

• Posted

Hi Maisie. Thanx! Ooooh I've made a ddecision and have stuck to it!!...cannot believe that they have been so incompetent .my male doc was great for sports injuries etc but wanted a good female Dr too and the one I liked was rarely available ( but she'd put me on wrong hrt) so changed! .2 female drs 2 more years and a MALE gp discovers in 5 mind why I've felt so Ill .will stick with the boy's from now on !!.
  • Posted

Oh Amanda!!  This is unbelievable!!  6 Years of your life was made dreadful, and these women Doctors never caught it???  This is plain crazy!!  It is a misdiagnosis, it is down right incompetence!!!  There is no excuse they never caught it in your chart!!  Someone’s head(s) should roll!!  I hope your attorney’s/solicitor’s are really good, you are due a hefty compensation!!!  Thank Goodness you found a good doctor!!  Good Luck to you!! 
    • Posted

Hi Deidra. It has been hell ! .fortunately I don't give up but everything I have carried on doing has been such an effort.

If I can help other people, even if I get no compensation, it will be something, so, I'm telling everyone to check what they're given!!!.

• Posted

Oh Gosh Michelle. .. aching all over., dreadful headaches lasting for days, heavy eyes, aching abbs, tight head astho under water, worn out no incentive. It's been hell on earth. These Dr's need stringing up!!! X
    • Posted

Oh poor you. I can imagine how horrendous it has been. I have not gone through things as bad as you. My horrible symptoms are debilitating headaches every single day,even when I go to bed. Head pressure at the back of my head,at temples and forehead with burning type feeling. My ears buzz and feel muffled always. I am on combined hrt because was still having a light period. Something just doesn't feel right but I just keep plodding on. Now it's time for you to enjoy life!
    • Posted

....ears buzzing too....go back and get checked out....don't TRUST them as I did. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.