The WRONG hrt! !

Posted , 15 users are following.

For 6 years I have felt dreadful...Each year getting worse, kept describing how I felt to female drs but got no joy.recently a young male gp actually LOOKED at my records and found I was prescribed estrogen only hrt and i have a womb!!!!.I am elated I now know why I've felt so I'll, has anyone else been so unfortunate? This is unbelievable, these iincompetent Dr's could kill someone.

2 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Same thing happened to me on patches but I realised before I started them. Went straight back to the doctors who were very apologetic. I now make sure I see a senior doctor.
  • Posted

did you end up with endometrial hyperplasia due to estrogen only therapy?

• Posted

i was on combined HRT for 2 years and then it was changed to oestrogen only patches wrongly as i have a womb ! which i have been using for past year, i have been bleeding on and off fir 6 months and drs just realised mistake . I have been referred to consultant now.Do you know if there any long term complications possible ?

• Posted

Hi All,

This has just happened to me.

I have been taken only estrogen ( Everol 50) and it should have been Everol Conti, for the last 12 months!

Any help, greatly appreciated!!

This was prescribed by a private Gynacologist in the UK. I am now very worried about Womb cancer.

He has suggested that I should have a scan asap but also playing the risk down alot, I am speechless!

• Posted

hello Amanda

i realise that you posted this article a long time ago but you are the only one i have found that has had the same problem.

i have just found out that i have been prescribed oestrogen only patches for a year and i still have a womb.

so i guess i just wanted to say hi and see if you are well and to ask if you have found out any further information in regards to this situation??

julia x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.