HRT Advice

Posted , 4 users are following.

I struggle with mood swings especially a week before my period. It is sucking the life out of me. I am on anti depressants which are fine but don't seem very effective around that time of the month. The doctor has suggested the mirena coil but I'm not keen on having something inside me. HRT is the other option suggested to me. I am nearly 49 and am miserable all the time. Can anyone share their experiences to help me make my mind up. I need to do something.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hazel, if i could turn back time I would have started the HRT years ago. Everyone is different but Peri and post menopause have been a literal nightmare ( just check out the Menopause community on here it is horrendous what hormones do to us). If your doctor is willing to prescribe it I would do it. It does take a long time to work so don't expect these symptoms to go away instantly.

Best of luck to you

• Posted

Hi Hazel, did you find a solution with your hrt? I've tried femoston tablets, progesterone creams, evorel sequi patches and am now trying Estradot patches with Utrogestan capsules. I can't find a type of HRT where the progesterone element suits me. I keep feeling awful but I can't not take hrt because when I don't I'm so exhausted I can barely function.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.