2 months on Sertraline and nothing has changed. Will it ever work?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I've been taking 50mg of Sertraline for 2 months now and still can't feel any changes. I'm still anxious and much more tense and agitated than before i started. Is there any chance that Sertraline will work for me? I'm going to talk to my doc in a week so i can discuss this with him, but i'm just wondering if any of you went to through the same thing, and needed more than 2 months for it to actually kick in.

Also my doc prescriped me some xanax for the first couple of weeks because of the side effects. I haven't taken it since then but my anxiety is so bad right now. Would there be any harm in taking it just until i see him?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I'm currently 2 weeks in on 100mg. I take diazepam 5mg tablets when my anxiety gets bad so no there wouldbt be any harm in taking it x

• Posted

I'd be a little bit weary of sticking with the Xanax just because it's addictive. But I'm kind of in the same boat as I'm nearing 2 months now and in that time I've increased to 100 and feel a little bit better but still a long way off from where I'm hoping to be.

• Posted

I've been prescribed Buspirone for anxiety. It's taken 2-3 times a day depending on the dosage. It feels like it's really starting to ease my anxiety. This also takes about a month to get to therapeutic levels but once it does, you will feel better.

• Posted

Not sure whether it’ll help but my psychiatrist tells me she almost always end on a dose of over 150 mg before positive signs are showing. Is there a reason why you haven’t upped your dose? Right now I’m on 50 mg but intend to go as high as 200 mg as this was what worked for me prior.

Just remember you can - but only for a few days - can feel the side effects again. Do use your Xanax!!!

• Posted

If its any consolation I felt shocking on the 50mg for the most part. Improvement when I went to 75 and even better at 100. I am now on 150mg and although I'm not better my panic attacks have stopped. 50 mg is a very low dose I believe... keep on trucking ..eat and drink loads of water

Good luck

🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄

• Posted

Hi I started on 100 mg sertraline which did nothing for me at all.  The doctor then put it up to 150 mg and it made a massive difference.  Your dose might need to be upped so speak to your doctor.  x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.