2 Months Post 2nd TKR.

Posted , 8 users are following.

WOW,that 8 weeks has flown over,first 6 weeks of sleep depravation hell,then like a switch sleep improved so much and the world seems a better place.The knee still has a little swelling and stiffness but no pain,the scar is sensative to touch but improving as well.Dog walking a lot doing round 8,000 steps a day,stationary cycling 3x10 mins a day and the usual laid about exercises,the knee does stiffen up after exercise but nothing to what it was like a while back.The odd day i'll have a 'back off' day where i do very little and my god having a long bath everyday is so good as well.I hope to be back at work on a phased return at 12 weeks but thats not set in stone. All in all the knee is progressing as the last one did and the surgeon was more than happy at my 6 week check up. Big help this time was the physio she spent so much of the time doing deep manipulation and massage and left the exercise to me at home really,dont get me wrong she checked the bend start and finish everytime but this really seemed to take the swelling down and certainly broke up the scar tissue.Everything good at present but still wary and careful dont want any set backs if possible.Hope all you guy's going through this now, IT DOES GET BETTER it may no feel like it sometimes but stick in there, best wishes all.

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Well done Brent, that's amazing if your feeling that good you must feel like a whole new you especially now you have both knees done, I wish I was like you.....if I'd known my knee would feel like it does now I would never have got it done.....6 monthsmonths ago now. ..Rose

• Posted

Hi Rose,i really saddens me to read how some TKR aren't healing well,im said it before the surgeon i had was recommended to me and he did two great jobs on me,so much so iv'e put others onto him all surgeons AREN'T the same,i really hope things improve for you rose it still only 6 months and everyone heals at a different pace so stay positive and keep posting please. brent

• Posted

Thank you for the positive encouragement Brent...the surgeon did my knee has retired but I have a check up with the replacement consultant end of this month so I can't wait to find out what's happening to my knee...I hope I get answers.

• Posted

i agree not allsurgeons are the same, I asked mine about all the failures i hear about on here and he said there ate a lot of poor surgeons around , more so in certain countries

• Posted

Good to hear from you, and that life is much better. I am at the same stage as you, and as you say, things do get much better. My knee feels different now, I am aware of my knee. I feel so much better in my mood, happier now. Still a way to go. Not doing as much as you though. Sleeping deeply, walking more, but havent attempted to walk normally up and down stairs, Best Wishes Susane

• Posted

Thats great to hear susane so pleased your doing well,as i said the first six weeks are really hard then it eases (hopefully)keep posting and try the stairs going up only to start mind its a bit of a mind game and another hurdle to conquer.

• Posted

I will have a try with the stairs today, our stairs are very steep, that's what is putting me off. I started driving last week. So another hurdle. Will keep in touch, Susane

• Posted

Brent,

It's great to hear your are doing so well! Keep up the good work! I had my LTKR the end of June last year and Iam doing very well! Before I had my knee done I couldn't do much of anything! I really enjoyed PT and like doing the exercises at home! I'm also getting a recumbent bike and I do a lot of walking! I gained my independence back! Positive attitude also helps! Best wishes to everyone!

• Posted

Exactly Jarme, PT you've put the work in and your so right positivity is key,every hurdle you pass gives you a boost and i know sometimes you cannot see any light but in the words of chico you've got to kick it ar##.

• Posted

well done Brent!

yes, massage it yourself too at home...it's very beneficial!

Epsom salts in bath is very good.

bit later on around 12 weeks I found sauna really good for nudging bend along...did a bit of a swim first then sauna when all loosened up!

all the best to you!

j

• Posted

Great news Brent!

I am nowhere near 8000 steps yet and my knee is still quite swollen most days. Think need to ICE more.

Manage the exercise bike for 15 mins a day.

Driving since 6 weeks.

Great to hear that you are now sleeping finally.

Onwards and upwards! 😃

• Posted

Hey Brent!

Glad to hear your recovery is coming along so well!

Keep up the good work!

Melissa

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.