2 months post op sharp stitch coming through skin

Posted , 3 users are following.

Around 2 months post op pelvic floor rebuild all round still can see bulge inside so still no real opening tried sex tight not great but now I have what feels like a sharp bit of plastic coming through the skin it looks like a fish bone so nylon stitch I thought they was all dissolvable will this go or am I going to have to have it cut out advice please very sharp can't were wear jeans

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Your stitches are dissolving but they can take up to 14 weeks to go completely so what you feel will be a stitch. If it's a problem make an appointment with one of the practice nurses at your GP surgery because it may need to be snipped but do don't try and do yourself, you could cause an infection.

• Posted

Hi thank you for your answer I didn't think this type of nylon thick stitch was dissolvable it feels really thick sticking out about a few.mm and just under the skin I can also feel like hard limbs like two lines that must be a line of stitch under the skin feel a bit better now you have said they will go in time but I think I will have to get the bit sticking out cut as jabbing me lol

• Posted

If it was a non dissolving stitch you would have had more problems much sooner such as an infection. All the stitches used dissolve but if they weren't you would have had to see a nurse to have them removed after about a week. The stitch you feel is one of the stronger type that do take longer to dissolve. They are needed to hold everything in place and they are meant to take longer to dissolve.

• Posted

Yes I know what you mean it feels like fishing wire and is very uncomfortable! If in doubt, see your dr. I have to have further surgery as my prolapses came back 2.5 weeks after surgery, v daunting but at least I'll know what to expect next time! Take care xx

• Posted

Yes that's right fishing wire lol and 2.5 weeks your prolapse was back omg you poor thing I hope that is not what I can see inside me as it looks like another prolapse total covering my hole I have not seen a doc about it yet as was told could be swelling I had my op on 7th July

• Posted

Hi Amanda, please don't worry this is perfectly normal. I had my op in May and the last of the stitches went about 2 weeks ago! The trouble with hospitals etc is that they don't tell you what to expect, thank goodness for this forum. Hope you feel better soon xx

• Posted

Some hospitals are very good at telling patients what to expect, I know I've worked and had surgery in one. We just don't hear about the good ones because they have no need to access a forum like this one.

• Posted

Thank you answering I don't like to trouble doctors etc so this forum has been amazing for help and peace on mind xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.