2 months post UFE early menopause symptoms

Posted , 6 users are following.

hey not sure if anyone else can relate. had ufe in August the procedure itself was fine. had a heavyish period 2 days later which lasted 3 weeks! no bleeding at all since then only white discharge

have been getting awful hot flushes and night sweats every day for around 6 weeks. I am 44 years old. went to see gp yesterday who is sending me for hormone blood tests. anyone else experienced this?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Haffy, Hope your GP tests for infection too. My gynea put me on antibiotics when I mentioned the discharge and foul smell. Do you have foul smell? Hopefully it's not an infection. What type of fibs did you have?

• Posted

hi cmak27104 thanks for replying. thankfully the discharge doesn't have a smell it's a watery type so don't think it's infection and I don't have a temperature. the fibroids were Intramural ones on uterus wall ..I don't feel like the ufe has worked as I haven't had any of the post op symptoms besides not having any periods so far!

• Posted

Hi Haffy, you are welcome. It takes time to fully realize the positive effects. My Radiologist told me about a year for most of the fibs to shrink significantly. Your next MRI result will give you a more clear conclusion of the on going effect. Am at 11 months mark, 50 yrs and so happy with my results, though the jouney after my ufe was not without drama at around 7 weeks. Am in a happy place as far as periods ate concerned. Hang in there Haffy.

• Posted

I'm glad to hear yours was a success... hoping further down the road I'll have some positive results.. thank you for your kind words x

• Posted

Hello Haffy,

Please can you share an update about your post UFE situation?

I am 44 y.o., and had my UFE in February of 2020. After the procedure I had white/watery discharge for about 4-5 months. And the only period I had was in October of 2020. No periods after that. Does it mean that my ovaries got affected? I am very upset! Please can you share an update? Did you get your periods? I can't find this info anywhere.

Please someone help!!!

• Posted

hi @suzana18857 I didn't have a period for 4 months post ufe. After that they were back to normal without the heavy bleeding so it looks like the ufe was successful after all! I was due a mri last year but that didn't happen due to covid.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience why don't you contact gp to get some hormone blood tests done for peace of mind x

• Posted

Hi Haffy,

Thank you for your reply. It is great that the outcome has been positive for you. Most women ( about 95%) are happy with the result. And I am in the minority who didn't get their period. Moreover, a few weeks ago I was diagnosed with menopause after UFE. And this news killed me! I do not have children and was planning to have. My gyno knew, and still insisted on UFE for 1 fibroid ( 5x3cm) that he left out during myomectomy. I wish I would never listened to him! I don't know what to do other than suing him and the hospital. UFE was unnecessary in my case, but he insisted, he didn't want to surgically remove this fibroid because it would be embarrassment for him for leaving it out in the first place. So, he put me on Fibristal twice, then -- Lupron, and then -- UFE. I was like a lab rat. He has to be sued! He ruined my life. Around September/October it will be 12 months with no period.......and I prey that my ovaries start working again.....Please Haffy, tell me something! Please help!

• Posted

Hello. I know it has been a few years since this horrible experience, but this has happened to me as well. I'm 41 with no children and found out I was in early menopause a month ago. It has been so difficult for me because I didn't do my research and I'm so ashamed of myself. Not at peace with myself. Also, my obgyn and the radiologist didn't tell me that early menopause was a complication. I hope and pray that you are doing well physically and mentally. If only, I had seen your post before March. Please take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.