2 months since bicep shot

Posted , 3 users are following.

So it has been 5 months since surgery and 2 months since i had the shot for the bicep tendon. My range of motion has improved. External rotation is still not great and my arm is super weak. Not from pain but just unable to lift. If i try to put a gallon of milk on a shelf at eye level it is impossible. When I do have pain it goes from my upper arm and elbow. Fixing my hair or anything i have to hold my arm up for awhile still causes fatigue and then pain. I have an apt in oct for the 6 month follow up. Im not sure if he will recommend bicep tendon repair or not. Is the weakness from the bicep tendon or could it be the previous surgery still?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I am 6 months post op and still have weakness.  Like you I have good range of motion  and  I can lift my arm up over my head.  Put much of a weight in my hand and forget it.  I can get a 3 lb weight just a little higher than my waist.  I can't imagine putting a gallon of milk on a shelf.  My goal was to be able to put a plate in the cupboard and I think I finally can do that.  Anything heavier, nope.  I can comb the back of my hair, but if I have the curling iron up too long, my arm is very fatigued.  So, in my non professional opinion,  I think it is still the surgery.  It takes a good year to recover and my doctor told me I would never lift more than 10 lb overhead.  As long as I am not in pain and I can reasonably handle day to day activities, I'm happy.    Let me know how your appointment goes.  

• Posted

Yes straightening my hair is awful. Putting on a seatbelt, paying at a drive threw, etc is really hard. I have to turn my body to face the window. Over head has improved a lot but with no weight. I also just drop things. Or if im carrying a plate i will just spill it. I think i have pushed my self with lifting more weight because this is a work injury and my dr is being difficult.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.