2 months without Gabby!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Welll its been two months now Gabby free..must say I am feeling better than I was two months ago.

​Question to anyone going thru this..I can understand the anxiety, nervousness, no sleep, headaches because this messes with your brain but why does it interfer with your stomach so much???

​Would appreciate any input to this..only problem I am having right now. Appetite is a little better but still have that upset, bloated feeling..not all the time but off and on.

Thanks. rolleyes

3 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm not going back to the doc.....I already take 150mg Zoloft per day following the death of my only brother last year.  Then in July I almost died with clots on my lungs.  By about November I was doing well and travelled from UK to NZ to see my son, got back end of Jan but with neuralgia.  I saw a new doctor and he prescribed gab
  • Posted

.......so I'm wondering if I should have had it on top of an SSRI?
    • Posted

It's an anti-depressant!  It's questionable why a new doctor gave me gab on top of them
  • Posted

I'm not going back to the doc.....I already take 150mg Zoloft per day following the death of my only brother last year.  Then in July I almost died with clots on my lungs.  By about November I was doing well and travelled from UK to NZ to see my son, got back end of Jan but with neuralgia.  I saw a new doctor and he prescribed gab
  • Posted

I'm very restricted with the meds I take because I take warfarin (Coumadin). I just hope I can wake up one day soon feeling as if I'm functioning properly
  • Posted

I th8ink because the system still in there, normally it will go after 3 months post medication, but it is really blessed though that you are free from gaba...sometime it is very hard from others to get free from it..so keep up the good work..and very well done
  • Posted

Hi Sandy. It is the anxiety that is giving you stomach issues. I ave had the same thing, and still do. Your stomach has as many nerve endings as your brain, so all the stress can play havoc with you stomach. Have you asked your doctor for anything to help? Try taking a daily pro-biotic which has helped me a bit. Also was prescribed Omeprazole 20 mg once daily before food to help with digestion. So annoying all these symptoms we put up with!!! 

Hope all is well smile

• Posted

Might be aniery with my stomach. There were days when my whole insides shook.

Taking each day at a time. Dr said to try over the counter meds. But I will give it some more time. Only meds in me now are BP meds!!

Hang in there. smile

• Posted

Yes I get a knotted feeling in my stomach.....and I end up in tears with it. I live on my own too which doesn't help
    • Posted

Sounds like aniety sad. I'm having exactly the same issue. The movement inside my chest and stomach is a horrible feeling, and makes me think the worst most times. Meds which allow your stomach to settle have helped a ton. God i hope this all settles down soon...we have all been through so much! Thanks sandy....all the best smile
    • Posted

Sounds like you are having a really rough time Iris sad

Time will heal and all will be back to normal. You have us all here as friends smile.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.