Skip to content
Ad

Gabapentin

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Potential Long Term Effects Of Gabapentin

I have been on Gabapentin on and off for about 7 months (since approx January). I was taking it for chronic pelvic pain, and it worked well, but it made me very emotional and made higher cognitive functions difficult. After 4 months of semi-regular use, I got off it quickly, but kept it around in case...

Last reply
  • BEWARE OF THIS DRUGS WITHDRAWAL

I was recently put on a filthy drug aka GABAPENTIN 300 MG once daily ,then 300 MG twice daily after one week(for "daily migraines" I am so terrified to keep taking it as it has caused me side effects . This is around my second week of taking it & in the first week I just didn't feel...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin Withdrawal IMPORTANT

I spent 4 days in intensive care following a spinal operation. This was found to be the result of the sudden complete withdraawal of Gabapentin. For 3 whole days I was, to quote my surgeon, 'on another planet.' The only drug, of the many I was taking for pain, the only one that could not been...

Last reply
  • Breast Enlargement and Weight Gain

Has anyone experienced having their breast get bigger after taking Gabapentin? Also, I can't lose weight to save my life. I workout hard every day and I eat right, however, I can not lose 1 pound no matter what. I'm suppose to take two 3 times per day, but I take 1 or 2 once or twice a day.

Last reply
  • gambepentin and stomache problems

i have posted here a few times about taking 100 mg of gambentin for just 4 days..and had to stop due to serious side effects..which a month later i am still having....after stopping..one big issue is my tummy...aches when its empty aches when i eat its very weird and upper chest pain...that i have to...

Last reply
  • Skin burns while taking Gabapentin! Does yours?

I've been taking Gabapentin - 800mg 2x's a day - For a good 4 months. I have been on this drug for over a year. I'm trying so hard to get off of this poison! Yes, it did help my pain in the beginning but I'm so ready to get off of it now! My skin will burn so badly and I don't...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin withdrawal

I've been on 900 mg of gabapentin 3 times a day for years a week ago I ran out of My meds and started to experience bad diarrhea panic attacks and insomnia is this normal has. Anyone else had a similar experience

Last reply
  • Gabapentin question

I've had two heart bypass surgeries in 6 years. I was left with extensive chest wall nerve pain starting in 2004. Have tried every pain med in the world , I think. Nothing worked. Now it effects my sleep. If I manage 4 hours a night , thats great. My doctor recently prescribed Gabapentin at 300mg....

Last reply
  • Tapering off Gabapentin

I've been taking 400mg 3x daily for 6 weeks. I want to stop taking it because of side effects.  Does anyone have any advice or suggestions as to best way to do this?  

Last reply
  • gabapentin side affects?

I am on gabapentin 300mg capsules 3 times a day for nerve pain that i have been suffering from for quite a few weeks now. Since taking these capsules i cant believe how weird and spaced out i feel,i feel confused alot of the time and also like many other people - dont feel like im in my own body anymore....

Last reply
  • Gabapentin withdrawal effects worsening

i need help here. I have been tapering off of the Gabapentin but the withdrawal effects keep getting worse the lower I go. I am now at 100mg and have been so for 6 weeks. The itching/prickling in my arms and face just seems to get worse. I still wake up every morning and have waves and waves of hear...

Last reply
  • Extreme dry 👄 mouth

I've been on 300 mg a day of Gabapentin for a year. Been off two weeks. The doctor took me off. Abruptly. I'm experiencing extreme dry mouth. Anyone else had this problem on or off this medication? Also, headaches in the afternoon.

Last reply
  • Gabapentin sudden death

our daughter was prescribed Gabapentin earlier this year for the Peripheral Neuropathy pain. She was 5feet talk and weighed 11 stone. The side effects were horrific. Induced fits up to 25 daily. Rash. Behaviour changes. Hallucinations. Panic attacks and weight gain. She gained one stone per month. This...

Last reply
  • Wean Off Gabapentin

I've been on 600 mg (3 x day) of Gabapentin daily for the past 14 years. I've gained a ridiculous amount of weight and I've gotten to the point of not enjoying life much at all. A few months ago, I was able to wean down to half the dose (around 300 mg 3 x day now). Depression and worrying...

Last reply
  • Coming off gaba

I have been on 100mg in morning and 200 at night 4 months then changed to 300 at night as I was getting too tired. Within 4 days I was floaty,sweaty,itchy tingling skin Nausea and feeling awful. Stated decreasing 3 days ago now on 100 at night With plan to decrease over the next 2 weeks. Does anyone...

Last reply
  • Day one tomorrow

I'm having to go off my 100mg pills taken 3x a day for the past 2 months. Pharmacy has left messages with doctor for refill... Doctor does not call back. After reading so many distrubing things about gabapentin, I am worried about going off of it cold turkey. Any advise. I was taking it for sciatica...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin 300 mg 3xday cause eye problems?

I have taken Gabapentin for 6 weeks for nerve pain in my leg. Last week I completely lost sight in one of my eyes for at least 7 hours . It being the 4th of July weekend Drs were off . My sight returned completely but 2 days later my Optometrist checked my eye throughly and found no problem ! Has anyone...

Last reply
  • amatriptyline versus cymbalta

ok so tried Gambepentin for 4 days was sick day 2 through 4 so stopped its been 2 weeks and i still have dizzyness and chest pain and an upset tummy.! now my doc says wait till you feel better then we will try you on a very low dose of cymbalta (my arthritis doc says amatriptyline) reading some scarey...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin withdrawal and palpitations

Hi. I was put on Gabapentin for nerve pain (though it turns out I was just having nerve pain-like withdrawals from coming off Mirtazapine). I only took Gabapentin for a week - max 200mg - then stopped as it gave me terrible side effects. I have now had two weeks of terrible withdrawals - nausea and insomnia...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin and alcohol

I've been taking gabapentin for a week now. I take 100mg 200mg lunch and 200mg evening. It's my birthday tomorrow and wondered if I have half a pint of beer will it knock me out. The pharmacist said no alcohol what so ever I wondered what people's thoughts were

Last reply
  • Constant Sore Throat After Neurontin Use

I was taking Neurontin 100 mg twice a day for about 2 years.I suddenly started to get a sore throat constantly and have read that a possible side effect of Neurontin is viral sore throats.I stopped the neurontin about 5 months ago and I am still getting the sore throats constantly.Has anyone experienced...

Last reply
  • At my wits end after taking gabapentin

I took gabapentin for one week only, having had severe burning pain in my leg, I had to come off abruptly due to a allergic rash, in total I took only 1500 mg. i am now five days in with the most horrible withdrawal side effects, so dizzy that I can hardly stand, sickness, palpatations dry mouth nervousness,...

Last reply
  • Fear of Gabapentin

I've been on gabapentin since November 13th 2015 due to a back injury. The doctors believe this is the best medicine for my back pain. Since being on this I have experienced high blood pressure. The doctor say that the high blood pressure is due to the pain. I have had three children I have had quite...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin advice

I have been prescribed 300mg gabepentin for 3 days then up dose to 600mg then 3 days later up to 900mg and keep increasing until I feel comfortable. Wow within 2 hours of taking 1 tab I feel stoned, I mean really stoned. It's like I'm not in the same world as everyone else and it's making...

Last reply
  • Bipolar 1, Gabapentin, and LSD...My story

So I am new here and I have not read anything about anything. I’m just going to tell you about me. I’m 41 and seven years ago I was diagnosed as bipolar one. I went through Trumatic time and someone close to me left me. I I lost it completely and ended up in the hospital twice. I’m going to be slowly...

Last reply
  • chest pains and stomache aches after 4 days on the drug

so i started on 100mg for fibromyalgia after day 2 had severe chest pains and bad tummy...my doc said perservere it will get better...by day 3 headaches severe chest wall pain and bad tummy...stopped on day 4 still dizzy, still bad tummy and chest pains and face pain and headaches.. like ok i was on...

Last reply
  • Missed one dose yesterday and day before, DIZZY???

Hello all, I knew to this bored and looking for some help! I have been on gabapentin for one month at 300 mg twice a day for nerve pain. I missed one of my doses yesterday and also one does the day before. To clarify I took only one dose The last two days, instead of my normal two, today I am very...

Last reply
  • Positive stories please***

I have been given gabapentin for occipital neuralgia and anxiety, im so scared to take it, as its my anxiety keeping intilling this fear in me. I took gaba for 2 months 1 yr ago but didnt feel any difference so not sure if it will work or not, and also im reading so many negative responses that im now...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin for fibromyalgia

I've been prescribed gabapentin for pain associated with fibromyalgia. I've started one twice a day and they said gradually increase. I don't know how often to increase by, every day or every week. Don't want to increase too quick as I'm feeling no side effects at the moment

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.