Skip to content
Ad

Gabapentin

All discussions in this group

Next
  • gabapentin

Such good support over the last year since having massive PE five years ago recently changed from warfarin to apixaban now doc has put me on gabapentin for cluster headaches since reading posts on this site scared me to death I don’t want to take this med had one week of 100mg x 3 a day and told from...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin

Can anyone tell me if this nightmare will ever end!! My life has been hell from this med! I'm beginning to think I need medical intervention before I get nuttier!! I'm really having a super hard time!! Only been on it for 3 months! Help at first, but had to many side effects!!!!  Does this...

Last reply
  • Should I simply not take it?

I have pretty significant numbness in my toes/feet. There is some pain, but it is tolerable. I was tested for many things, plus nerve tests, and they found no cause. My doctor subscribed 300mg/day of gabapentin. It has only been 3 days. I take it shortly before going to bed and am still in a fog for...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin horrors

I was given gabapentin supposedly for nerve pain!! Really didn't know if I had nerve pain! This drug has been a nightmare for me. I got more depressed, crying all the time, hot flashes, chills, blurry vision, thigh muscle pain, weak legs, pronouncing words wrong, brain fog, etc etc!! Now I am trying...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin withdrawal after short term use?

Hi there, I was prescribed gabapentin for a nerve issue. The goal was to start at 100mg and work up to 800mg by adding 100mg every 3 days or 4 days. I started to feel badly at 300mg (slurring words, irritable, feeling violent), and then did one day of 400 mg and could take no more (feeling extraordinary...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin withdrawals

Has anyone had a heavy feeling in chest! Slight physical work gives me horrible breathing problems!! Never had this before this nightmare medicine!! 

Last reply
  • Scary Gabapentin side effects

Hello all I started taking Gabapentin for a nerve problem in my foot in November 2015 starting at 300mg and working up to 900mg over 6 weeks. At the end of May this stopped having an effect so the doctor doubled the dose - again increasing in 2 weekly amounts. I stopped at 1200mg as this was working...

Last reply
  • Pain medication for chronic leg ulcers

I've got 3 chronic leg ulcers and I'm prescribed gabapentin 600mg 3x a day but the pain is still there all the time!! What pain medication should I be prescribed for the constent pain it is causing me?

Last reply
  • Coming off low dose Gabapentin after less than 2 weeks

I was put on Gabapentin 100mg x 2, 3x daily not quite 2 weeks ago. For the first day I had 100mg at lunch and then 100mg in the evening. The following day, my dose was doubled to 200mg 3x a day. I was on this dose in hospital for 2 days before I was sent home. When I came home I dropped down to 100mg...

Last reply
  • Potential Long Term Effects Of Gabapentin

I have been on Gabapentin on and off for about 7 months (since approx January). I was taking it for chronic pelvic pain, and it worked well, but it made me very emotional and made higher cognitive functions difficult. After 4 months of semi-regular use, I got off it quickly, but kept it around in case...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin Withdrawal Horror

I want to start by giving an apology for my doubts towards patients who posted about problems with gabapentin withdrawal.  How hard could it be?  It has a short half life.  It is not an opioid. My plan was to write about my extremely painful and unexpected withdrawal experience after...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin and Memory Loss

Hi all,  Just need some advice. Im 36 on Gabapentin 600mg 3 times a day. Since having this high amount ive started having issues with my memory. Ive forgot to swicth the oven off a few times. Ive forgot to take my tabelts a few times and other things. Can anyone advise me if this is a knowin issue...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin and itchy scalp and back

Hi all I was prescribed Gabapentin a few weeks back and i am slowly trying to increase my dosage to 3x300mg a day. So far only managed two a day. I am always tired and recently since increasing to 2 a day i have an incredibly itchy scalp and back. Now i know I dont have head lice or anything like that...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin Withdrawal IMPORTANT

I spent 4 days in intensive care following a spinal operation. This was found to be the result of the sudden complete withdraawal of Gabapentin. For 3 whole days I was, to quote my surgeon, 'on another planet.' The only drug, of the many I was taking for pain, the only one that could not been...

Last reply
  • Coming off gabapentin

Hi, Please bear with me, this is my 1st post! I have been on 1800mg a day of gabapentin for about 9 months due to a back problem. In this time I have put on over 2 stone and have now got the point where I've had enough. I went to my doctor on Tuesday and she has advised me to reduce my daily amount...

Last reply
  • Leg Pain

Has anyone taken Gabapentin for Peroneal Nerve Palsy ? I have been suffering from this for years in my left leg and nothing has helped my pain except this medication. I started out 300 mg 3 x a day but the pain started back fast so of course the Dr told me to increase med but I refuse to With the knowledge...

Last reply
  • Intense rebound Gabapentin withdrawal??

Hi, I posted early about the dangers of Gabapentin. What I didn't know is how it would affect me one month after discontinuing it. I apologize if I am wrong; I don't mean to scare anyone. Quick backstory....I overdosed on Gabapentin on Sept 21, 2017 after one month of being on it. I am a recovering...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin

i have been taking these fir a few weeks and it is giving mebad anxiety i feel funny and been peeing alot since starting istopped it for a day and ended up in the er with diaherra and a high ass heart rate as anyone taking this experiences peeing alot or anxiety tremors dizziness from this med???

Last reply
  • Breast Enlargement and Weight Gain

Has anyone experienced having their breast get bigger after taking Gabapentin? Also, I can't lose weight to save my life. I workout hard every day and I eat right, however, I can not lose 1 pound no matter what. I'm suppose to take two 3 times per day, but I take 1 or 2 once or twice a day.

Last reply
  • Awaiting MRI for sciatica type symptoms, now on Gabapentin

Hi all and thanks for reading this. I have suffered with back pain for many years but what i thought was standard aches and pains. I have quite an arched back and am quite tall, working a desk job, so put it down to this. At the start of this year, things changed and i started to get shooting pains in...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin and Infections

Has anybody taking gabapentin been made worse by all the side effects. I can't keep My electrolytes balanced and also the upper respiratory infections are about to do Me in. I've had 4 near death pnuemonia that went septic and just have been releases from a nursing home where I was getting IV...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin Reinstatement Will it Take??

Hi, I am trying to taper from a benzo called Klonopin.  My doctor gave me 300mg to help. I took it at night and it did help with sleep and mood. However I noticed some cognitive problems as well as constipation and fatigue. I decided to taper off and did so for 5 nights getting down to 150mg. ...

Posted
  • Never ending gabapentin side effects ?

I stopped gabapentin 300mg  1x a day cold turkey after 6 months. Within  24 hours I was having every side effect you could name,  it has now been 10 months and it has gotten better , but how can I still be extremely nervous for no reason at times, and sometimes I feel like my brain is...

Last reply
  • BEWARE OF THIS DRUGS WITHDRAWAL

I was recently put on a filthy drug aka GABAPENTIN 300 MG once daily ,then 300 MG twice daily after one week(for "daily migraines" I am so terrified to keep taking it as it has caused me side effects . This is around my second week of taking it & in the first week I just didn't feel...

Last reply
  • Best way to come off gabapentin

I have only been taking it for 3 weeks. I increased at only 100mg a day so took me 10 days to get to the 900mg they said needed for pain relief. I took this for 4 days but had no pain relief but felt pretty awful decided to come off it slowly.  I have been decreasing at 100mg a day but am increasing...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin skin issue

Hello all! I was prescribed 200 mgs of gabapentin to take three times daily for pudendal neuralgia. I've been on it a few months and have started to develop red pustules on my body. They never fade or go away. Has anyone else encountered this? I hate to discontinue but my choice is to be in constant...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin side effects

I was given Gabapentin for withdrawal symptoms from diazepam which my doctor cut me off of but I have itching and a mild rash on my shoulder so if I keep taking it is it possible that that rash and itching will go away? I really want to take the Gabapentin for my withdrawal symptoms. 

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.