Skip to content

Gabapentin

Also known as Neurontin

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • share my experience with gabapentin...turned into a nightmare

i am off the evil drug gabapentin . getting off was easier than i thought it would be. short transion. was like having a giant cloud of depression lifted....went to lyrica and the lyrica so far is working great. i'd stay away from gabapentin if possible ..........i realize everyone is different

Posted
  • Life after Gabpapentin?

I have been completely off Gabapentin for 3 months now. My eyes aren't the same yet and also dealing with insomnia but the worst feeling is the demons in my head. I have such negative and very harsh feelings since  starting this drug and continuing all during withdrawal and still now after …

Last reply
  • Gabapentin Withdrawal and Magnesium. Success.

I was on 600 MG's of GB for three months.   Fog, nausea, depressed and anxiety.  My GP Told me to go cold turkey!  Big mistake, I was very ill.   He then tapered me, 2x100 for two weeks and 1x100 for two weeks.   I read about magnesium and tried it.  My mistake was …

Last reply
  • Skin burns while taking Gabapentin! Does yours?

I've been taking Gabapentin - 800mg 2x's a day - For a good 4 months. I have been on this drug for over a year. I'm trying so hard to get off of this poison! Yes, it did help my pain in the beginning but I'm so ready to get off of it now! My skin will burn so badly and I don' …

Last reply
  • Gabapentin Withdrawal Horror

I want to start by giving an apology for my doubts towards patients who posted about problems with gabapentin withdrawal.  How hard could it be?  It has a short half life.  It is not an opioid. My plan was to write about my extremely painful and unexpected withdrawal experience …

Last reply
  • At long last.

I have lost count on how long I have had this continual nagging pain in my which has generated down my right leg. I also have depression due to having to live with this condition. I can't have a MRI as I know I would freak out. I was seen by a different doctor a while back now who has put me on …

Last reply
  • Muscle twitching and cramping

I'm being tested for various things to include hyperparathyroidism. I've been on gabapentin 300mg supposed to be once per day but I've increased it to 3 times. The twitching and muscle cramping is ruining my life. Get woken up with severe cramps and the twitching I have videoed where …

Last reply
  • I understand the concern for me starting it but......

I am having an awful time now. I have spent 4 out of the last 6 months with sciatica problems. I am stretching on my own because I can't afford physical therapy. It has isolated me where I can't attend church or go anywhere that I have to sit. I posted before and all the negative comments …

Last reply
  • neurotin side effects

I am beginning to think doctors should try medications they prescribe. This drug was aweful of course maybe 300 mg too high to start on but people have to work and try to deal with terrible side effects. New drug of choice for pain management. I took four days and felt like was coming unglued. Will …

Last reply
  • Gabapentin Withdrawal IMPORTANT

I spent 4 days in intensive care following a spinal operation. This was found to be the result of the sudden complete withdraawal of Gabapentin. For 3 whole days I was, to quote my surgeon, 'on another planet.' The only drug, of the many I was taking for pain, the only one that could not …

Last reply
  • What I should do?

I am 31 years old girl. From long time my arms , hands and foots are remaining swelled continuely, pain in shoulders , legs and lower back . From last two days, after every 15 minutes I feel coldness in my chest?

Last reply
  • Tapering off Gabapentin

I've been taking 400mg 3x daily for 6 weeks. I want to stop taking it because of side effects.  Does anyone have any advice or suggestions as to best way to do this?  

Last reply
  • Gabapentin

My brother has been taking this & can't walk very far w/o tiring now it has been prescribed to my son & just reading these posts makes me feel he should not take it!  Their diagnosis is completely different what are the pharmaceutical company trying to do kill us?

Posted
  • Gabapentin causing depression?

I've been suffering from depression for a few weeks now. I've stopped taking Atorvastatin as it was causing peripheral neuropathy and non allergic rhinitis (among other things) so I don't know if that could be causing depression or the Gabapentin. I take 400 mg three times a day ( …

Last reply
  • WTH what does Neurontin drug!!

My husband suffers from neuropathy ( Bad) he has to take 5mg of Xanax everyday bc so. We he last yr got T-boned by a $million rv 😖 but she's not only damaged work he had , had 7 yrs ago, it added severe damage to I think C6 and C7! Bc of the old injuries being damaged by this wreck it …

Last reply
  • Gabapentin Withdrawal

I have been taking 300 mg gabapentin at night for 20 days and I am wondering if anyone has stopped this drug after a short period of time and what they experienced.  I am worried but want to get off of it due to the side effects.  Thank you.

Last reply
  • Gabapentin withdrawal after short term use?

Hi there, I was prescribed gabapentin for a nerve issue. The goal was to start at 100mg and work up to 800mg by adding 100mg every 3 days or 4 days. I started to feel badly at 300mg (slurring words, irritable, feeling violent), and then did one day of 400 mg and could take no more (feeling …

Last reply
  • Potential Long Term Effects Of Gabapentin

I have been on Gabapentin on and off for about 7 months (since approx January). I was taking it for chronic pelvic pain, and it worked well, but it made me very emotional and made higher cognitive functions difficult. After 4 months of semi-regular use, I got off it quickly, but kept it around in …

Last reply
  • Gabapentin

I keep trying to find a post that is not negative. So since I cant find one I will post one.   I started taking gabapentin Monday the 26th of June, four days ago.   the very first pill I took I notice a change in my attitude towards others.  I was always mean and rude to everyone …

Last reply
  • Gabapentin and Pain

In 2001 I had severe shoulder pain and thought I was having a stroke with the facial and left hand numbness and tingling.  After almost a year of testing and I was on about 900mg gabapentin maybe more can not remember (old age lol) It was discovered that I had to have a brachial plexus …

Last reply
  • Worried about starting Gabapentin

My doctor prescribed Gabapentin about a month ago for my Sciatica. I have done so many things on my own for it to get better and it's not so I took one 300 mg pill last night. It did really help. But this afternoon I am still tired don't know if I should drive anywhere. I think I probably …

Last reply
  • Gabapentin withdrawal and palpitations

Hi. I was put on Gabapentin for nerve pain (though it turns out I was just having nerve pain-like withdrawals from coming off Mirtazapine). I only took Gabapentin for a week - max 200mg - then stopped as it gave me terrible side effects. I have now had two weeks of terrible withdrawals - nausea and …

Last reply
  • Gabapentin

Today is my 30 day off Gabapentin. Yesterday and today the tingling in my legs and feet is still there but is not as harsh or painful as it has been. I am feeling that as the body/ brain gets used to not being on it, it gets easier. I hope I'm right. I have followed all the advice withdrawing …

Last reply
  • Gabapentin

I stopped taking Gabapentin 4 days ago. I have the worst painful tingling in legs and feet today. Any one else have this after going off the pill. Marie

Last reply
  • Gabapentin. “A safe and effective medication”

Is it?  I believe the higher dosage more side effects. These side effects get confused as symptoms so You have another illness requiring medication which has side effects. Please stop the madness!  Research and go to Your Doctor informed. There are other things to help you sleep!!! It …

Last reply
  • Gabapentin caused my husband's depression.

My husband was prescribed Gabapentin around the beginning of 2017 for back pain. I *think* the dosage was something like 900mg 3x a day. It never did anything for the pain but it affected his memory, cognitive function and even balance. After several months he began to experience crying spells …

Last reply
  • Is it safe to take Ashwagandha with Gabapentin?

I take Gabapentin along with Lexapro for anxiety.  Still having symptoms, I started taking Ashwagandha root.  It works great but I was wondering if it's safe to take together.  I call my pharmacist who said he did not know. 

Last reply
  • Wicked Drug - weight gain and side effects

I have been on this wicked drug at 300 mgs. 3 x a day for about 2 years now and am increasing it to 400 mgs 3 x a day but my neurologist wants to increase it a total of 3000 mgs. a day. I wanted to get off of it!!! I am on it for fibromyalgia pain and it works well the problem is that I have been …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.