Skip to content

Gabapentin

Also known as Neurontin

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Gabapentin Withdrawal Horror

I want to start by giving an apology for my doubts towards patients who posted about problems with gabapentin withdrawal.  How hard could it be?  It has a short half life.  It is not an opioid. My plan was to write about my extremely painful and unexpected withdrawal experience after...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin: ANY good reports on how it helped?

All I get is horror reports.  The drug is for people with seizers....does it HELP them?  My Dr. put me on the med. for nerve damage from my butt to my feet.  ANYBODY where this med has helped for seizers/nerve pain? I started a thread about a week ago.....only yo get horror stories. My...

Last reply
  • Advice regarding Gabapentin

I was recently prescribed gabapentin for pelvic pain from my ortho, this was after not getting much relief from celebrex and flexeril. I started day one with x1 300mg and then day two I took 600mg. I am not noticing much in the way of pain relief and actually it caused quite a few side effects: out of...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin and Memory Loss

Hi all,  Just need some advice. Im 36 on Gabapentin 600mg 3 times a day. Since having this high amount ive started having issues with my memory. Ive forgot to swicth the oven off a few times. Ive forgot to take my tabelts a few times and other things. Can anyone advise me if this is a knowin issue...

Last reply
  • If antidepressant commercials were honest-honest ads

Hello all. I am glad you stopped by to read this. I found a very amusing but also, in my humble opinion very true video on YouTube concerning antidepressants. Although meant to be funny I agree that antidepressants are for the most part a scam. I mean why else do we all feel worse than before...

Last reply
  • gaba: waking up where?

i am now on 800mg gaba 3 x a day. in the evening i will  get a bit sleepy and about an hour or two before bedtime, i will all of a sudden wake up with a jerk and be somewhere other than where i should be.  confusing.  i will be on the sofa and wake up a few minutes later across the...

Last reply
  • Doc told me to stop Gabapentin cold turkey

I've suffered from anxiety now for 7 years. I've tried every SSRI on the market and according to my doctor and my body I'm super sensitive to medicine. I lost my 16 year old nephew October 27, 2016 to suicide upon returning my doctor said I needed to add some medication bc I was depressed....

Last reply
  • Tapering off Gabapentin

I've been taking 400mg 3x daily for 6 weeks. I want to stop taking it because of side effects.  Does anyone have any advice or suggestions as to best way to do this?  

Last reply
  • Gabapentin Withdrawal IMPORTANT

I spent 4 days in intensive care following a spinal operation. This was found to be the result of the sudden complete withdraawal of Gabapentin. For 3 whole days I was, to quote my surgeon, 'on another planet.' The only drug, of the many I was taking for pain, the only one that could not been...

Last reply
  • Siactic Nerve from butt to feet

My Dr. is giving me Gabapentin starting at one a day (300 mg) to now 3 a day.  Not much pain relief....has anyone on here had this pain and how long did it take to get relief and how much dosage?

Last reply
  • Potential Long Term Effects Of Gabapentin

I have been on Gabapentin on and off for about 7 months (since approx January). I was taking it for chronic pelvic pain, and it worked well, but it made me very emotional and made higher cognitive functions difficult. After 4 months of semi-regular use, I got off it quickly, but kept it around in case...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin Withdrawal

Good day everyone,  I'm currently tapering off of Gabapentin, completing a titration from 300 mg capsules and I'm down to 14.5 mg / 3 times a day.  I'm taking Remag which seems to be helping with withdrawal symptoms.   Does anyone have any guidance on tapering down in...

Last reply
  • GABAPENTIN: What the FDA needs to know!

Hello, everyone! Today, I realized as a very frequent and loud complainer about gabapentin, I should stop complaining here and do something about it.  When I worked as a critical care RN I believed strongly in being an advocate for my patients.  I dislike that I am in so much pain, but I...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin - Bloating eventually go away?

I was on Gabapentin for two years - which resulted in weight gain, digestive issues, and horrible stomach bloating.  Has anyone had any luck with the bloating going away after being off of the gabapentin?  If so, did you have to do anything special?

Last reply
  • Eyes on Gabapentin

What is with my eyes on this drug? Excessive tearing, Sensitive and just feeling sore. Also my vision seems to be changing. I am going to see my eye Dr but this all started while on Gabapentin. Does any one have a similar reaction like this?

Last reply
  • Stressed on overdosing

So read online that the max amount is 3600. I have been taking it for anxiety and other meds for panic attacks if needed. I didn't think it through but I think I've been taking more than I should have and now I am in a sense scared. I'd wake up, eat something and take 5 pills of 300. Which...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin and Anxiety

Hello All,      Looking for some advice, not keen to go back to the Doctor who prescribed me the medicine given my research. I was prescribed gabapentin to help cope with panic attacks after going through a traumatic event. I have always been prone to anxiety, but was always able to cope...

Last reply
  • Skin burns while taking Gabapentin! Does yours?

I've been taking Gabapentin - 800mg 2x's a day - For a good 4 months. I have been on this drug for over a year. I'm trying so hard to get off of this poison! Yes, it did help my pain in the beginning but I'm so ready to get off of it now! My skin will burn so badly and I don't...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin w/ swelling of hands & feet and Back pain

Hi New to the group and was wondering if anyone else had this problem? I have been on Gabapentin for 3years. The last 2 months I have had swelling in hand & feet, joint pain, as well as low back pain. I know its from the medicine because I decided to stop taking it for a week and it stopped hurting....

Last reply
  • Gabapentin Withdrawal

I have been taking 300 mg gabapentin at night for 20 days and I am wondering if anyone has stopped this drug after a short period of time and what they experienced.  I am worried but want to get off of it due to the side effects.  Thank you.

Last reply
  • Gabapentin for non-diabetic neuropathy

I have been dealing  with severe burning in my feet and hands for about three months.  I am currently taking gabapentin 300 mg four times a day, which provides limited relief.  I have not encountered any problems with the gabapentin, but it is certainly a drug that I do not wish to...

Last reply
  • Magnesium and Gabapentin

I am slowly trying to stop Gabapentin and was wondering if anyone took Magnesium while on Gabapentin??  I started on 900mg a day went down to 600 and now I'm at 300. Feeling some withdrawal especially insomnia it is horrible. I read that you have to be completely rid of the Gabapentin before...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin side effects

Hi, I’ve been on Gabapentin for about 4 to 6 weeks now for a burning sensation in my right arm and right thigh. Now I’m experiencing burning sensations across the back of my shoulders, on my legs and calf’s. I also have heat waves for time to time. Has anyone else had burning sensations in these areas...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin (side effects?)

I have been on a fairly low dose of Gabapentin (600mg/day) for about 4 months for treatment of Trigeminal neuralgia, and have severe itching along the nerves affected, face, ear and especially the scalp. I have tried every kind of oil, shampoo, benedryl, etc. with no relief. Just wondering if anyone...

Last reply
  • Please help me! Mental horror stopping gabapentin

I have been off gabapentin for 17days now.. I feel like I'm losing my mind! My mind & thoughts are not working right!! I'm terrified that I'm gonna lose it! I've never felt so depressed in my life!  And it's not just sadness..I don't have control of my mind, pure darkness!...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin and Seroquil

I am on 1800 mgs. Oh gabapentin and 400 mgs. Of Seroquil for over a decade prescribed by the Veterans administration. When I was first prescribed these meds along with bupropion 200 mgs twice a day I was told none of them cause erectile dysfunction. I was 48 and am now almost 62. Like a fool I trusted...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin is making me feel strange.

I have been prescribed 400 mg of gabapentin for lower back pain,hip and kneecap and I'm feeling really strange. The feeling I'm getting is almost like I've smoked Marijuana (did that in the 1980's) has anyone else had this and please tell me it will go away. Thanks!

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.