Skip to content

Gabapentin

Also known as Neurontin

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Gabapentin Withdrawal Horror

I want to start by giving an apology for my doubts towards patients who posted about problems with gabapentin withdrawal.  How hard could it be?  It has a short half life.  It is not an opioid. My plan was to write about my extremely painful and unexpected withdrawal experience after...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin caused my husband's depression.

My husband was prescribed Gabapentin around the beginning of 2017 for back pain. I *think* the dosage was something like 900mg 3x a day. It never did anything for the pain but it affected his memory, cognitive function and even balance. After several months he began to experience crying spells where...

Posted
  • Skin burns while taking Gabapentin! Does yours?

I've been taking Gabapentin - 800mg 2x's a day - For a good 4 months. I have been on this drug for over a year. I'm trying so hard to get off of this poison! Yes, it did help my pain in the beginning but I'm so ready to get off of it now! My skin will burn so badly and I don't...

Last reply
  • Wicked Drug - weight gain and side effects

I have been on this wicked drug at 300 mgs. 3 x a day for about 2 years now and am increasing it to 400 mgs 3 x a day but my neurologist wants to increase it a total of 3000 mgs. a day. I wanted to get off of it!!! I am on it for fibromyalgia pain and it works well the problem is that I have been gaining...

Last reply
  • Wake up Doctors to the dangers of Gabapentin

I wonder if Pfizer would convince a large panel of Doctorsvto take Gabapentin what would happen? It's supposedly not addictive so it shouldn't be a problem. Get Them started and watch what happens when all the side effects start hitting Them hard!  Then the withdrawals off the non addictive...

Last reply
  • HELP!!

My mom has been taking gabapentin and it’s making her like  a zombie . She sleepy but yet she stays up and she try’s to clean and cook stuff . She just started a fire at 3:00am thank god I woke up in time or I could have died in my sleep . She won’t remember anything later on . She is falling...

Last reply
  • i am having cervical and spasm in neck

My doctor give me gabapentin 300mg tablet once in a day. But after 20days of taking i am having trouble in sleeping. Sudden wake up, breathing problem in sleep and tired all day. I am taking medicine in night. I want to stop taking this medicine. Please tell me the procedure to stop it. And after safely...

Last reply
  • Unsubscribe??

I'm trying to unfollow this strand about gabapentin? It won't let me click on unsubscribe, says it's not possible at the moment.. It's clogging up my inbox, anyone got any advice for me? I'm following another subject which is of more importance to me. Thanks

Last reply
  • Gabapentin w/ swelling of hands & feet and Back pain

Hi New to the group and was wondering if anyone else had this problem? I have been on Gabapentin for 3years. The last 2 months I have had swelling in hand & feet, joint pain, as well as low back pain. I know its from the medicine because I decided to stop taking it for a week and it stopped hurting....

Last reply
  • Shortness of breath with Gabapentin?

I’ve been on Opioids since 2010 when I suffered severe and permanent burns and chronic pain from radiation treatment for prostrate cancer. I’ve been on 300mg of Gabapentin for about a year and my doc now wants me to take 1200mg a day.  I take the 1st one in the morning and there’s no side effects...

Last reply
  • Weaning off Gabapentin update

We started off the process about two weeks back from our initial 300mg three times a day. We dropped down immediately to twice a day with him no longer taking it in the morning. At the same time we had the Venlafaxine ER increased to 150mg. I've been splitting one of the caps in half currently so...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin

I stopped taking Gabapentin 4 days ago. I have the worst painful tingling in legs and feet today. Any one else have this after going off the pill. Marie

Last reply
  • Gabapentin

I took my last 100 mg pill 2 days ago. Yesterday experienced burning in my stomach. Woke up this morning after a restless night tired and horrible headache. Feel like I have flu, achy also. Did anyone else feel like this after taking there last pill. Guess I'm still in withdrawal.

Last reply
  • GABA PENTIN for arthritis with Ulcerative Colitis

I have Ulcerative Colitis and the arthritis/joint pain that goes with it.  I am not supposed to take and NSAIDS at all. My gastro said tylenol was fine but anyone who has arthritis knows tylenol does nothing for joint pain. My dr. first prescdribed me on Cymbalta and it was amazing for pain, however ...

Last reply
  • Potential Long Term Effects Of Gabapentin

I have been on Gabapentin on and off for about 7 months (since approx January). I was taking it for chronic pelvic pain, and it worked well, but it made me very emotional and made higher cognitive functions difficult. After 4 months of semi-regular use, I got off it quickly, but kept it around in case...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin Withdrawal IMPORTANT

I spent 4 days in intensive care following a spinal operation. This was found to be the result of the sudden complete withdraawal of Gabapentin. For 3 whole days I was, to quote my surgeon, 'on another planet.' The only drug, of the many I was taking for pain, the only one that could not been...

Last reply
  • Gabepentin for burning feet/Neuropathy/nerve entrapment

Hello to the fellow nerve/undiagnosed  pain sufferers! I have chronic pain in both my feet and toes burning and tingling! Tests and things in order, I’ve had are- cortisone shots in heel, custom orthotics, X-rays,blood tests,mri scans,cortisone in tarsal tunnel, nerve conduction study!!! Nothing...

Last reply
  • Want to come off gabapentin

I've been taking 600mg twice a day for about 28 months I need to come off it as I have problems with coordination while typing and terrible brain fog and balance . How can I come off safely and at what rate

Last reply
  • Gabapentin

I have 1 more pill to take on Wed and I will be detoxed off this terrible drug. I am scared not knowing how I'll feel when no drug is going thru my system. Can anyone identify with that. Also does anyone know how long does it take for this medication to clear out of the system ?

Last reply
  • Tapering off Gabapentin

I've been taking 400mg 3x daily for 6 weeks. I want to stop taking it because of side effects.  Does anyone have any advice or suggestions as to best way to do this?  

Last reply
  • Gabapentin for non-diabetic neuropathy

I have been dealing  with severe burning in my feet and hands for about three months.  I am currently taking gabapentin 300 mg four times a day, which provides limited relief.  I have not encountered any problems with the gabapentin, but it is certainly a drug that I do not wish to...

Last reply
  • Nerve damage.

Hello everyone,l had 2 discectomies within the last 5 years and ended up having to finish work after 30 years. I was a class 1 hgv driver but now l suffer with chronic back pain and sciatica. I can nearly walk as it hurts my back putting weight on my leg.Which is nerve damage l,m told. I am on nerve...

Last reply
  • been on meds for 2 months its the worse

hello im glad i was able to join this group and see others having issues like me. this medication was provided to me by a new physiatrist i met. so let me go do my back story. about 5 years ago i had these weird things thinking something was up with me. i finally did an MRI nothing came back like the...

Last reply
  • side effects

I have been taking for 14 years Gabapentin 600mg 3 times a day some times 4 for my Trigeminal Neuralgia I have low headache frequenly but they no problem its my feet they that are the problem my left foot has gone all floopy and I think the right foot will soon follow, nerve damage I think, could gabapentin...

Last reply
  • Weight Loss

Have been rolling with the gaba for some time, 3200mg per day, would like to drop a few lbs, Doc says good luck-Anyone have luck with this dosage and weight loss?

Last reply
  • scared to death!

gaddys have been in my life now for about 8 mths. i started taking them because i liked the effect 800mgs. produced dwith my consuming of vodka! i got sober now its been 6 mths off the vodka and any other mind altering substances EXCEPT the GABBYs i continued those! i feel awful all the time...tired...

Last reply
  • gabentin treatment for pain with stage 4 prostate cancer

Iwas diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer on october 19 2015. which has metastasized to bones.   I have just recently been having horrible pain in my legs and body.  I was just prescribed 300 MG of gabapentin twice a day. I feel totally "outside of myself"  I have read that...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.