Skip to content

Gabapentin

All discussions in this group

Next
  • BEWARE OF THIS DRUGS WITHDRAWAL

I was recently put on a filthy drug aka GABAPENTIN 300 MG once daily ,then 300 MG twice daily after one week(for "daily migraines" I am so terrified to keep taking it as it has caused me side effects . This is around my second week of taking it & in the first week I just didn't feel...

Last reply
  • Tapering Gabapentin

Hi - I’ve been on Gabapentin 300 x 1 daily for around three years - 2 months ago I was put on 300 x 3 times daily following knee replacement surgery. I’ve seen my gp today to discuss coming off the drug and he’s suggested a taper of 100 mg per week over a period of 9 weeks, I admit to being slightly...

Last reply
  • Tapering off Gabapentin

I've been taking 400mg 3x daily for 6 weeks. I want to stop taking it because of side effects.  Does anyone have any advice or suggestions as to best way to do this?  

Last reply
  • Gabapentin horrors

I was given gabapentin supposedly for nerve pain!! Really didn't know if I had nerve pain! This drug has been a nightmare for me. I got more depressed, crying all the time, hot flashes, chills, blurry vision, thigh muscle pain, weak legs, pronouncing words wrong, brain fog, etc etc!! Now I am trying...

Last reply
  • Potential Long Term Effects Of Gabapentin

I have been on Gabapentin on and off for about 7 months (since approx January). I was taking it for chronic pelvic pain, and it worked well, but it made me very emotional and made higher cognitive functions difficult. After 4 months of semi-regular use, I got off it quickly, but kept it around in case...

Last reply
  • Struggling..

It’s late and I’m wide awake. Felt better at 1 month 11 days off gabapentin today and then all side effects came back. My mind telling me just take one pill. And no, I won’t.  So discouraging, I felt so much better and now  not feeling well. Prayers appreciated. 

Last reply
  • Side effects of Gabapentin

I have been taking Gabapentin for 2 months and so far, I have NOT gained weight nor retained fluid. I have actually lost weight. However, I have noticed that my breast are getting larger and they are very tender and sensitive to the touch. This drug has been successful along with Vicodin and extended...

Last reply
  • Cure all???

I guess I'm not alone!! Im a 70 year old man in a descent health. 4 years ago I ended up in the ER with what was diagnosed as benign proxamity effect vertigo. Did  the Eply manuver and cleared up the BPV but ended up with constant vertigo ever since.. After a battery of tests, spinning laser...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin Withdrawal Horror

I want to start by giving an apology for my doubts towards patients who posted about problems with gabapentin withdrawal.  How hard could it be?  It has a short half life.  It is not an opioid. My plan was to write about my extremely painful and unexpected withdrawal experience after...

Last reply
  • GABAPENTIN - RAPID HEART BEAT & MEMORY LOSS

Has anybody taken this & felt rapid heart beat & extreme nervousness??? Been to the ER twice &,they said its anxiety as a side effect but its horrible & unlike any anxiety I ever had. I also feel my mind is blank with loss of memory. I am feeling very confused not like myself at all,I...

Last reply
  • I had shingles 2 years ago and don't like taking gabapentin

I was prescribed 600 mg gabapentin 3 times daily. I have taken it now for 2 yrs. I am now experiencing ringing in ears. I have never taken medications. But my Dr prescribed it for my shingles pain. I didn't know how dangerous this drug is. So I got sick with flu in December. I wanted to stop talking...

Last reply
  • Just re side effects of Gabapentin..

I Googled it to see some of side effects I had seen for the first time on side label...new Pharmacy...then started reading some posts from individuals having some issues with Gabapentin.... I've been experiencing the same...OH MY GOODNESS! I'm only on 200 mg a day, but progressively annoyed...

Last reply
  • Weaning off Gabapentin update

We started off the process about two weeks back from our initial 300mg three times a day. We dropped down immediately to twice a day with him no longer taking it in the morning. At the same time we had the Venlafaxine ER increased to 150mg. I've been splitting one of the caps in half currently so...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin for non-diabetic neuropathy

I have been dealing  with severe burning in my feet and hands for about three months.  I am currently taking gabapentin 300 mg four times a day, which provides limited relief.  I have not encountered any problems with the gabapentin, but it is certainly a drug that I do not wish to...

Last reply
  • Bad to severe headache and cough

I thought I got a cold from my granddaughter, but now I am wondering. I did have cold symptons but all started the same time I started this 3 weeks ago. I now have severe headache and coughing up mucus with blood. Anybody have this? It has really helped with my nerve pain, but I can't continue if...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin positivs

I have been in unbearable pain due to a back injury. I've taken all sorts of drugs even a mild dose of morphine. Nothing helped the I had my first gabapentin and shortly after ...no.pain... wow. Here on this forum all I read is about the negatives what about the positives??

Last reply
  • Counting the days

I was prescribed gaba for peripheral neuropathy, 100mg first week then 200 2nd week, 300 3rd week. Didn’t feel good so I weaned myself off the 4th week. First 2 weeks off were hell, had some time off work.  30 days off the med today. Withdrawal symptoms still - some brain fog, mind not working well,...

Last reply
  • Please help me! Mental horror stopping gabapentin

I have been off gabapentin for 17days now.. I feel like I'm losing my mind! My mind & thoughts are not working right!! I'm terrified that I'm gonna lose it! I've never felt so depressed in my life!  And it's not just sadness..I don't have control of my mind, pure darkness!...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin for anxiety?

I've been prescribed gaba as an off lable use for anxiety. Has anyone ever had any experience with gaba for anxiety? I've read all of the horror stories on here, so now I'm confused, and extremely scared to take it. Thanks, Kim

Last reply
  • Just my take on gabapentin

Day  26 off gaba today!! Was on 3x 100mg/day, max dose after minimum 100mg/day back 3 months ago. Tapered myself down 1 month ago and stopped then.  Didn’t feel good this past month. Feeling a little better now. New strategy - I’m doing the one day at a time thing in my head. When I wake I...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin dose

I have a herniated lumbar disc resulting in backache but worst of all buttock pain and sciatica. A Nerve Block in November only gave me relief for 2 weeks so now I’m having to take Tramadol again but on the advice of my Orthopaedic Consultant my GP has prescribed Gabapentin as well. I am a bit confused...

Last reply
  • Gabapentin Withdrawal

I have been taking 300 mg gabapentin at night for 20 days and I am wondering if anyone has stopped this drug after a short period of time and what they experienced.  I am worried but want to get off of it due to the side effects.  Thank you.

Last reply
  • Withdrawal symptoms are back

After a not so bad day yesterday, today at 3 weeks off gabapentin I’m feeling so awful again! All the withdrawal symptoms are back, I worked 2 hours and had to come home. I was so worried I might get into an accident. Can’t function right now. After 3 weeks off I’m thinking for sure I’ll feel better...

Last reply
  • Please help to get off Gabapentin

I need help getting off gabapentin  I take 300 mg in the morning and 300 at night. I would like to quit these pills.  I just want to be my old self again.  I was never in so much pain to be chained to a drug this. Can someone please help?

Last reply
  • At my wits end after taking gabapentin

I took gabapentin for one week only, having had severe burning pain in my leg, I had to come off abruptly due to a allergic rash, in total I took only 1500 mg. i am now five days in with the most horrible withdrawal side effects, so dizzy that I can hardly stand, sickness, palpatations dry mouth nervousness,...

Last reply
  • out of the WD stage

Started taper in Aug2017. For 7 yrs had been taking 900 mgs at night . Slow taper to Nov 17 2017. Quit that night. For about a month all I did was cry, sit in my chair and be afraid, of what I don't know.  Took 3 teaspoons of Magnesium a day, Epsom baths 2x's a day. Found Oxytocin...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.