Skip to content

Gabapentin

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Guest M

Gabapentin Withdrawal IMPORTANT

I spent 4 days in intensive care following a spinal operation. This was found to be the result of the sudden complete withdraawal of Gabapentin. For 3 whole days I was, to quote my surgeon, 'on another planet.' The only drug, of the many I was taking for pain, the only one that could not been

299 replies 12 votes Last reply
  • gillian10394 2

Gabapentin dose

Hi i am on 2700mg of gabapentin for very chronic nerve pain in back but still get occasional pains down my legs, is this normal

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • carol34396 2

Withdrawal from gaba

I've been on gaba for a year and am trying to wean off this drug.  I was searching for info and came across this site.  Very informative.  I'm seeing that I am having alot of things going on like you all have been having!   I was thinking I was going crazy.  I pray for the best for all of us!  Be

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • samkc3017 2

miserable on gabapentin

I have been taking gabapentin for a few months now I'm up to 3600 while it does help my neck pain it has done nothing for my lower back pain or my knee pain. At the start the side effects floored me but after a week I felt back to normal everytime he raised my dose it was more of the same but I

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Floatmeaway 1

Skin burns while taking Gabapentin! Does yours?

I've been taking Gabapentin - 800mg 2x's a day - For a good 4 months. I have been on this drug for over a year. I'm trying so hard to get off of this poison! Yes, it did help my pain in the beginning but I'm so ready to get off of it now! My skin will burn so badly and I don't know if it's from

11 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • keith 40678 2
  • Meganpooch 3

Scary Gabapentin side effects

Hello all I started taking Gabapentin for a nerve problem in my foot in November 2015 starting at 300mg and working up to 900mg over 6 weeks. At the end of May this stopped having an effect so the doctor doubled the dose - again increasing in 2 weekly amounts. I stopped at 1200mg as this was

82 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • s.98450 1

Weight gain

I am getting the same feedback about gabapentin. ... I feel like I've put 2 stone since I started taking im at my wits end

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • pamela16260 2

Deady Combination Gabapentin & Depression meds

Gabapentin and antidepressants are a deadly combination. I can say first hand what it has done to me. The neurotransmitters in my brain no longer have the ability to control the systems in my body including heart kidneys, etcetera. Yes, I have been left with permanent brain damage. The pain

2 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • beefaith 1

Looking for Tapering Advice

My doctor prescribed gabapentin 100 mg 3xs per day after I was bedridden with severe pain from my hip down my right leg. She also prescribed 10 mg of cyclobenzaprine (flexeril) at night. That was almost 3 weeks ago on April 26th. I was at this dose for 2 weeks. It was helping, but then the pain

• donna97909 3

Advice please

Been on gabpentine for about 3 months due to nerve pain I have a slipped disc. I get really bad pains in me stomach and have to go toilet until pain goes . I know this is not a nice thought. Just wondering if anyone else gets this , the pain terrible . I feel bloated all the time I eat but not a

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • kim8884 2

This life I have to live

I wish waking up each day was a feeling of gratitude and excitement. But I feel dreadfulness cause I feel so empty and lost. left out the the loop of this life that everyone else enjoys. I am ashamed and embarrassed to feel this way and try daily to be optimistic then it's goes as soon as I go

10 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • elizabeth2244 5

i need some advice please help me

I was only taking Gabapentin 100 mg at bed time for sleep but i have noticed that i am more anxious durring the day, i have feelings like I am going to pass out, and my diabetes has been way out of control.  Tonight i am stopping the Gabapentin because i have only been on it for a week no more than that. ...

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • karen00354 2
  • adam3355 2

Potential Long Term Effects Of Gabapentin

I have been on Gabapentin on and off for about 7 months (since approx January). I was taking it for chronic pelvic pain, and it worked well, but it made me very emotional and made higher cognitive functions difficult. After 4 months of semi-regular use, I got off it quickly, but kept it around in

202 replies 10 votes Last reply
  • robert68588 3

gabapetin 400 to 600mg

Hi all.I posted a few minutes ago about Gabapetin.I was reading some of your  posts and noticed they were cut didn't appear to happen on the Mirt there a way to see the entire post by someone?God Bless,Bob

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • robert68588 3

gabapetin 400 to 600mg

I just upped my dosage from 200mg 10weeks ago to 400mg 5weeks ago to 600 mg last week for IBS pain and nerve block.I also am taking Mirt(I'm on that board too) 30 mg starting at 15mg 10weeks ago to 30mg 5 weeks ago.I had stablised,but now with the upping of Gabapetin feeling anxiou is

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • charlotte1824 4

Gabapentin advice

I have been prescribed 300mg gabepentin for 3 days then up dose to 600mg then 3 days later up to 900mg and keep increasing until I feel comfortable. Wow within 2 hours of taking 1 tab I feel stoned, I mean really stoned. It's like I'm not in the same world as everyone else and it's making me fidgety,...

34 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • naomi64 3
  • jesika28180 4

GABA OR ANXIETY

I took 300mg of gaba for 5 months, came off it as it wasnt working for what it was given for, stopped cold turkey, its been 3 weeks now, and im having nasty mood swings, insomnia, vivid dreams, just feel overall hungover daily. I told doc and she says its my anxiety , that i was on such a low dose

28 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • joe03634 2

Bad Gabapentin Withdrawal

Mind you it took me time and hindsight to realize Gabapentin was the culprit as I did not feel a LITTLE better 7 days later. Was given Gabapentin at 300 mgs 3x a day for 6 days while in detox for oxycodone. They gave me the Gabapentin, Clonodine, Hydroxazyne and Trazadone which I was on before.

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • mere03725 3

Zoloft-leg tics?!

Hi-I actually don't think Zoloft is causing this issue but curious if others have this issue. I'm on 150 mg of Zoloft and was on klonopin-been off for 5 weeks I was breifly on gabapentin 300-1200 mg for a month when I was cross tapering to get off klonopin. Sounds like a lot of meds-ha. So for the

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • elizabeth 69902 2

Gaba and Talwin after stroke

I had two strokes in 2014 April and it took out my whole right side. I won't lie i came to quickly addicted to morphine and fentneol (sp) and Oxys. I had to do a 6 month rehab to get straight. During that time I was moved over to Gabapentin. I came home a new person because it really made that much

• sandra07610 2

Misuse of gabapentin/ neurontin

this is a great website for information but personally I am getting tired of some of the postings being printed by ignorant people that find the drugs through the wrong places and prescribe the dosages without physician help. They think they can play with drugs and then crucify the pharmaceutical

15 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • gary92877 2

Too much Gabapentin

Three years ago I started taking Gabapentin of Neurropathy pain 300mg x 3 per day. Now today I am taking 800mg x 7 per day for pain. The doctor doesn't want to switch medication because Gabapentin is "safe". What happens in 3 years from now? Is there an alternative?

13 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • mere03725 3

on gabapentin for sleep-need advice

hi! long story short-i was on klonpin after a tramatic miscarriage (mid-november) till last friday, march 17th. i was on it for around 3 months at 1.25 mg. my doctor crossed tapped with gabapentin so i could get off the klon quickly. i am taking 1200 mg of g for sleep, taken at night an hour before

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • ronald77076 1

Do Gabapentin side effects fade away?

Gabapentin was prescribed for nerve pain in my back I took about 4 weeks to ramp up to 2700 mg/day. I'm feeling the typical side effects: fogginess, loss of balance, memory problems etc. Do these side effects persist? Is there anything that helps? Cafeine? Exercise?      It has reduced my back pain,...

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • linda61597 3

Starting Gabapentin 100mg along with other meds!!

Very confused on what to do? My Doctors assitant psychiatrist started me on Wellbutrin 150mg on Feb 18,2016 for depression & to stop smoking. Also I was taking Clonazepam 1mg for anxiety. My smoking got worse because of some issues in my life,I was smoking 1pk a day & now 4-6 over that. I saw her

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • regina25783 2

Gabapentin

i have been taking these fir a few weeks and it is giving mebad anxiety i feel funny and been peeing alot since starting istopped it for a day and ended up in the er with diaherra and a high ass heart rate as anyone taking this experiences peeing alot or anxiety tremors dizziness from this med???

4 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • dorbocon55 2
  • Guest M

gabapentin side affects?

I am on gabapentin 300mg capsules 3 times a day for nerve pain that i have been suffering from for quite a few weeks now. Since taking these capsules i cant believe how weird and spaced out i feel,i feel confused alot of the time and also like many other people - dont feel like im in my own body

75 replies 4 votes Last reply
  • claire03747 1
  • USofAnxiety 2

GABAPENTIN NEURONTIN 1 year Update

Hello everybody, so I have not updated in quite a long time but as of today 04/04/2017 I AM STILL CURRENTLY TAKING GABA! I feel pretty crappy today so I will update in detail later in the week. Just please remember to TAPER even though it seems never ending has taken much longer than I

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • gretchen54853 2

Gabapentin Withdrawal

I have been taking 300 mg gabapentin at night for 20 days and I am wondering if anyone has stopped this drug after a short period of time and what they experienced.  I am worried but want to get off of it due to the side effects.  Thank you.

19 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • faith74454 2

gabapentinwithdrawal

Hi, I've been on this drug for over a year, I did try to quit cold turkey ended up in the ER! Was in there for 6hrs as they made me stable. Please no one try to do this cold turkey! !! My heart rate was over 130 beats a min!! I truly felt like I was going to die!! My body was not my own!!! The sweating,...

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions